“Fun for the whole family”

Timberlake Lodge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Riverton, Wyoming
“Fun for the whole family”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here with my parents and my son as we explored northern Minnesota. Terrific accommodations. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The attached restaurant was delicious for dinner. Breakfast was larger than most. My son and I enjoyed the pool which is large, warm, and has a fun water slide in addition to the usual items. there is even a kiddie pool of 18" for the very young. I recommend this place for families of all ages.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
TimberLakeLodge, Guest Services Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear marzac3,

Thank you very much for your glowing review! We always appreciate hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay with us, and that the 17th Street Grill was a delicious experience. Thank you for making us your home base during your exploration! Please come back and see us again soon!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Valley City, North Dakota
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Passing through MN on Hwy 200, this hotel is 10-15 min out of the way, but easily the best in the area. "Master suite" with separate bedroom area was a great set up for our family. Very nice craftsman décor in room and throughout hotel. You won't find a nicer bathroom/shower in a hotel, unless you're staying in a five star luxury property. Hot breakfast buffet is included. Good coffee. Didn't have time to swim but pool area looks clean. Water slide is a plus. My wife said the workout room is comfortable. She typically runs or bikes. Received 2 for 1 coupon for bar at check in. Bar staff was engaging and generous. Front desk staff friendly as well. We will definitely stay again on our way to WI.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TimberLakeLodge, Guest Services Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear valley2012,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your travels to post about your recent stay with us! We get a lot of great comments about the showers in our rooms; I've actually had a few previous guests come and take pictures to have them built in their own home! I'll make sure to share your comments with all of our team; they always appreciate hearing that their jobs are being done well and appreciated by our guests.

Thank you again, and please come visit us soon!

Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This was a great hotel...especially for a small town like Rapids. My husband and I grew up in the area and were in town with my teenage daughter for the week to see his family. We got a suite so there was a little privacy sine we were there for seven days. The entrance is grand...the staff all smiling and helpful...small towns are amazing. We went up to the room and it is very nice...first impression...oh...no door on the bedroom. Okay...so...we start to unpack and realize there is no place to put clothes...no dresser...actually, there is...but it's in the living area with the pull out couch butting against it when the bed is out. Also...there are 5 hangers in each closet area. I probably could have asked for more...but...I made it work and stole my daughters hangers. I did try to order room service once from the grill downstairs...the phone rang and rang. I tried calling again and got the front desk, who then transferred me to the grill again...where the phone rang and rang again. This time I went down...it wasn't busy at all...one person at the bar and one family dining. Not sure why the phone wasn't picked up. I ordered the food and went back and got it in a few minutes. It was good food...just a little irritated that the phone wasn't picked up when I tried the room service. We didn't get a chance to use the pool which I hear is awesome...complete with water slide. The gift shop was pretty good...I tried to get a sweatshirt but they only had one in xs....I have never been xs just FYI. All in all it was a great hotel to stay at for a week and the bed was comfy and the staff was friendly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bonnie K,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent visit with us! It's always nice to hear the great comments about our staff and facilities; it's always nice for our staff to hear when they are doing their job well.

it's also good for us to hear about areas where we can improve, and you gave us a few items where we can look at enhancing our guests' experience.

Firstly, I must sincerely apologize for the challenges you had in ordering Room Service. Obviously that is not an experience we want our guests to be receiving, and I will make sure we share your experience with our Restaurant Manager so that we can avoid those types of situations in the future.

Please let us know any time that you need further items, such as hangers, in the rooms. We are staffed 24 hours a day in order to meet any request that you may have, and we could certainly have gotten you additional hangers in the rooms, had we but known you needed them.

It sounds like you had one of our Master Suites as your room type. Unfortunately we cannot find a configuration of the furniture in those room types that allows the dresser to be used at the same time as the pull-out sofa when it has been made into a bed. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience this caused. Based upon your comments, it sounds like one of our Extended Stay suites or Family Suites may work better for you in the future, as they offer a little more "elbow room", and also have separate doors to bedrooms in those units. Anytime you would like information on those, please feel free to call us and we can go into more detail and check availability for you.

Again, we thank you for your comments, and look forward to any time you would like to stay with us in the future!

Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Recent remodel was done very well. Meg the bartender was very friendly and engaging with the customers. I have eaten there several times...good food, good service. The Ives family runs a first class operation.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Garrett O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review regarding our restaurant! Meg is a delight, and we will make sure to share your comments with her. We're very happy that the upgrades were so well received by our guests. We'll make sure to share your comments with the Ives as well. Please come back and see us again soon!

Shawn P. Thomas,
Lawrence
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a great stay at the Timberlake Lodge. Rooms were spacious and comfortable and the breakfast buffet was terrific. The adjacent lounge was a great place for our family to meet and socialize in the evening. Did not experience any problems and would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TimberLakeLodge, Guest Services Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Ryan R,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to post your lovely comments about your recent stay with us! It's always great for our staff to hear that we have met our ultimate goal of a seamless and effortless stay for our guests, and we will make sure to share your review with them. Please come back and see us again soon!

Shawn P. Thomas,
Grand Marais, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My young family of four loved our king suite! The boys loved having their own "room" sleeping on the pullout couch and my husband and I appreciated not having a door between us, yet still being able to watch tv at night (not spongebob) and not keep the kids up. It was an added bonus that the double headed showers were amazing!!!
My boys loved the pool-it was perfect for them. They loved the frog water slide and not having to wear their life jackets the entire time.
The towels were readily available and ultra cushy-not like the exfoliating hotel towels I am used to!
We had such a great time and loved the nice breakfast in the morning. All of the staff was very nice and helpful as well.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite! Totally worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TimberLakeLodge, Guest Services Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear MelissaOberg,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to comment on your recent stay with us! It sounds like that suite really worked for you, and we're so glad that you chose us for your visit to Grand Rapids! It's always nice for the children to be able to feel like they have their own space, and for the adults to feel the same way. I will make sure to share all of your excellent comments with all of our staff; they always appreciate knowing that we have made our guests as happy as you are. Thank you again, please come back and see us soon!

Chicago, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a lovely lodge and the rooms is quite nice, especially the bathroom. Staff is very friendly and helpful, and rooms are clean and well-lit. Food is very northern Minnesota and simple, but it's fine in a pinch. Breakfast was very good and hearty. Only concerns are small--need to have more bathroom hooks in the bathroom if you would like guests to use towels more than once. Workout room is very basic--equipment is okay, but no towels, no water cups or water, no wipes to clean equipment after/before use. Finally, only serious concern is twice we asked for new room keys--ours stopped working midway through visit, and we misplaced one--neither time were we asked for ID. We believe this is a serious security issue. Otherwise, definitely would stay there again, and really enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TimberLakeLodge, Guest Services Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Good afternoon Koreen R!

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us, and thank you for your excellent comments regarding both the facility and our staff!

Reviews such as yours help us identify both the services we are doing well, and areas that need additional attention. In your review, you have given us a few areas where we have an opportunity to exceed the experience you had with us.

Firstly, we will take a look at adding addition towel hangers into rooms. While we will have to confer with both our Maintenance Department and our ownership to find the best way to handle this, please know that we will give it our full attention.

Secondly, based upon your comments, we are going to change the methods that we use to stock our Exercise Room. As we typically stock it with towels, water and cleaning wipes through the day, to have a situation like yours, where none were available, shows an obvious need to change how we handle this procedure.

Finally, we will be addressing the issue you had with your keys this with our Front Desk staff immediately to ensure that we do not have that type of situation occur in the future. We want all of our guests to feel safe and secure, and while we missed that opportunity with you, we will make sure we don’t in the future. As such, I will be holding an immediate training session with our staff regarding guidelines on guest verification and safety for the future.

We’re very sorry that your experience with us caused you to give us such a low score. Please know that we take your comments and concerns very seriously, and hope that you give us another chance to display the type of experience we are known for. If there is anything at all you would like to discuss further, or if you have any additional suggestions, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to take care of you to the best of my ability. Thank you again for your comments, and I hope you have a great day!

guestservices@timberlakelodgehotel.com
#2 of 11 in Grand Rapids
The Itascan Motel
The Itascan Motel
#7 of 11 in Grand Rapids

Been to Timberlake Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!