“Great Meal and Service”

Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dining at the 17th Street Grill at the Timberlake Lodge™ is a true feast for the senses. Our Chefs prepare gourmet cuisine with style and skill unique in the Grand Rapids area. The 17th Street Grill offers the “best deal in town” for a quality lunch at a reasonable price. Stop in and enjoy a tasty and affordable lunch from our Lunch Menu. For a memorable dining experience try the 17th Street Grill’s extensive dinner menu. We offer steaks grilled to perfection, fantastic seafood selections, and much more. The 17th Street Grill offers an extensive drink menu that includes; a generous wine list, domestic and imported beers as well as all of your favorite spirits. Don’t forget to try our signature cocktail, the Timbertini.Open Monday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. Closed Sundays. Sit back, relax and allow our staff to not only meet, but exceed your expectations of quality dining in Grand Rapids.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had a great meal with very good service. We split the walleye cakes which were subtle enough to highlight the walleye without being boring. The coconut spinach soup was tasty (though a little lime juice would brighten the flavors). My pan seared walleye was nicely prepared as were the fresh carrots and fingerling potatoes. Overall a nice change from much of the overy fried food in the Grand Rapids area.

Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear lonlau,

Thank you for your excellent comments and suggestion regarding your recent dining experience! We will make sure to share your suggestion for the lime juice on the soup with our Executive Chef and see if we can come up with a solution for that. Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention, we truly appreciate it. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I could eat every nite at the Lodge. I have never had a bad meal at the restaurant yet. You see alot of local people come there for a good meal too

Dear Tigerruby,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent dining experience! We love to hear that both guests staying with us, and our local folks both enjoy coming in and sampling our great cuisine! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great sweet potato fries at this restaurant, but limited menu and slow service. Saw the ads on television in my area and decided to try this new restaurant attached to a lovely resort hotel. Diving through on business, I stopped and was eventually seated, sign said to wait but duty must have been shared with wait staff as busy staff were not aware of waiting customer for some time. Initially indicated a less than desirable table, but noticed hesitancy and was told I could sit where I wanted...then why did they ask me to wait to be seated? Ordered a Bloody Mary and did not get the snit with it that a gentleman at a neighboring table received. Was not asked if I wanted dessert when the people behind me got what sounded like a scrumptious cheesecake. Oh, well, the fries were outstanding.

Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to let us know when our service is less than perfect. I apologize for your dining experience. We strive to make every guest's experience a memorable one but not at all in this fashion. Staff that is too busy and a wait at the host desk to then be told to sit where you like is not the service we aim to provide. I appreciate you giving us a try and I can only hope that you would give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Food was okay, and menu pretty limited to typical north Minnesota fare. Even tried the pan-fried walleye, which I thought was dry and not very flavorful. But, the servers were great--enthusiastic, friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Convenient, and nice place. By the way the BLT was incredible--more bacon on that sandwich than I've ever had anywhere!

Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Good afternoon Koreen R!

Thank you for your honest and full review of your dining experience. We're very glad you enjoyed the majority of you experience, but we're also very sorry the walleye was not up to either your or our standards. We will make sure your comments are shared with our Culinary team and strive to make the fish as delectable as the BLT was. Thank you, and please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I've been here my many times but today I walked out due to they now judge you by your appearance. Yes dress well or your not getting in. Too bad, no more money from me

Timberlake_Lodge_144, Manager at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Hairman Dan

Thank you for letting us know about your experience in our restaurant. Our dress code policy is; guests must have a shirt and shoes, and also no wet swim suits. I am confident based on the what I know of the restaurant staff (outside of the dress code) that they would never judge a guest by their appearance. I will look into this issue as your business and experience is important to us at the 17th Street Grill.