“Who would've thought?!?”

El Potro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

Who would've thought on a below zero day in February in the middle of Minnesota, we could....if only for a few hours....feel like we were in some little sea-side cantina (minus only the seaside part)! Catarino's molcajete was very good and large enough for 4 people. The blended mango and classic on the rocks margaritas were top shelf quality at rail prices.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I got a great deal from this restaurant by showing them the key of the motel I was staying at next door which really made my day. I also really enjoyed the food. It tasted authentic and I had never tasted good food such as this. I will definitely be coming here again!

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I was in town for business and stopped in on a whim. I orderd the steak burrito. The picture in the menu did not do it justice. It was awesome. I asked about the the excellent guacamole. They told me it was homemade like everything else. The chips and salsa were great as well. My bill was ten bucks. I would eat here again when I am in town.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Chile Renellos are fantastic and a little spicy (just the way I like them). The mole chicken was rather bland though. The chips and salsa that came with were very good as were the beans and rice.

Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

Delicious fajitas for two. Portion large enough to feed 4 @ $20. Combination of pork, beef, chicken and shrimp in a very tasty sauce (not spicey). Service friendly and efficient. Decor a little funky, but you can't eat decor. Great value!!!