All reviews waffles biscuits and gravy desk clerk parking lot staff was very friendly room was clean a great place to stay cookies nothing fancy next morning free breakfast nice hotel first floor stay there again the breakfast area great breakfast judy garland
Reviewed 20 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I've been to other Super 8's and have been disappointed...but this one was "fancier" than other's I've visited. It was clean, updated with an ourdoorsy decor, and the staff members I encountered were friendly and helpful. The breakfast looked decent (though I only had hot cocoa and a hard boiled egg)...the fact that they had a cappucino machine impressed me (most places have just coffee)! Also, they had cookies available in the breakfast bar all night! (That was a nice touch when we walked home from the bar next door after midnight!) The room was clean. The people staying in the room above us were very noisy (sounded like elephants tramping around up there, but I think they had several kids). The toilet was somewhat noisy when you flushed it (& you could hear the neighbor's room shower very clearly). Depsite this, I got a great night's sleep here! The tub drained well (a huge plus for me, because I've stayed at enough places where you end up standing in knee deep water by the time you're done showering...not the case here!) and the showerhead was very nice as well. My only complaint was that they didn't have a pool or hot tub. I would definitely stay here again! Oh, and though we didn't bring our dog, they do accept pets here!!

Room Tip: Go with a top floor room is you can, so you don't have to listen to people above you stomping around...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
MJN8, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Hello werethebrews: Thank you for your generous review of our property. Our hotel has undergone many substantial renovations in the past years making it a very desirable lodging facility in the Grand Rapids area. We are very glad you made note of some of the improvements and also that you a nice night’s sleep despite some noise from other guest rooms. It is nearly impossible to drown out all noise in such a building but we tend to attract guests who are very respectful of one another’s space and privacy and are glad that this rang true during your stay. Next time you’ll have to try a cappuccino!

Reviewed 18 September 2012

The hotel is located close to the airport, but was quiet. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Beds were comfortable also. The hotel is on the south side of town and located next to shopping and restaurants if desired. Breakfast was a surprise. It was a hot meal, not the usual toast and cereal. Would recommend this hotel. And, the price was less than $75 for two. Pets are no longer allowed, which we appreciated. I understand people travel with pets, but most of us don't and we do NOT appreciate pet odors or left over doggie treats we have found in other pet friendly motels.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple