“Wonderful!!!”

AmericInn Grand Rapids
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Everytime my husband and I come to town for family reunions, we always stay here. The rooms are always clean and well-maintained, the staff are extremely courteous and helpful, the breaksfasts are great. I haven't got one complaint only complements. Whenever we come to town this will be our home away from home. Thanks Lori - you all are amazing!!!

Room Tip: just make the call :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Rebecca, we love having you as our guest and are pleased to hear you will be returning whenever you are in the Grand Rapid area . Our staff truley does care about our hotel and I am glad to hear that you noticed their hard work .
Lori

Reviewed 20 June 2012

After a 10 hour drive it was nice to stay in a clean, comfortable room. The bed was great, pillows very comfortable. The only drawback was the funky bleach/vinegar smell when you first walked into the room. It did go away after a short time. I do not remember seeing an elevator either, (could have been my over tiredness) so it was rough carrying our suitcases up all the stairs. We got moved to another hotel after the first two nights due to a business arrangement and the other hotel wasn't nearly as nice. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to this area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

It is amazing how exhausting traveling can be , 10hrs is a long time to travel . I am so pleased that you found our beds to be comfortable .We do not have an elevator so please call the hotel direct when making your reservations and request a 1st floor room , so that we can best accommodate your needs . I do want to apologize for the odor, some times we use vinger when cleaning in the hotel . We hope to have you as our returning guest soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have stayed at the AmericInn in Grand Rapids MN many times. We have family in the area. The hotel is very nice and very clean! They recently went thru some upgrades which has made it even better. The staff is great. This past weekend we stayed with them. Lori Whitted the hotel manager was working at the desk. My husband teased her about where the free cookies were. She said they were in the oven. We left for the day and when we came back there were cookies on our table in our room with a very sweet note attached. That's how the staff is at the AmmericInn in Grand Rapids. The pool and pool area has been very clean everytime we have stayed. My husband and I plan on staying at the AmericInn Grand Rapids every time we come to visit our family.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Mary Ellen,
We are thankful for your kind words. I believe that anyone of my front desk staff would have done the same as I did .I promised you cookies and the only way to be sure you got them before I left for the day was to leave them in your room for when you returned . I am glad to hear you enjoyed my little note .We look forward to your return visits .

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We were pleasantly surprised, it was clean and very quiet. The beds were comfortable and plenty of pillows. A great shower. The breakfast was extremely generous. Enjoyed the hot tub and liked that it was adults only from 10 to 12. Close to many shops and eating places. Will definitely stay there if the need should arise.

Stayed: April 2012

Thank you so very much for the kind words .We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

They have completed a renovation. The rooms were clean, well finished, furnished, and absolutely no smoke smell to be found. I was on the upper floor towrd the end of the hall. It was very quiet. Plenty of pillows and towels etc were provided. Breakfast was good. There was no bacon, but with the approximaely $20 savings over their local competitors, I can get a whole pack of bacon! The staff was friendly and attentive. I'm one of those clients who can tend to ramble and occasionally whine a little. The first night the pillows provided were too thick. Neck breakers I call them. They had my bed made with regular pillows the next nght with a smile on their face.

Please discount old reviews. We decided to try AmericInn Grand Rapids. Things are very good there now.

There is a good chance I'll be back in the area. I plan on staying here if I get the chance.

Room Tip: Business people - East end upper floor is very quiet. Target is a couple blocks south if you need su...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Bill , I would like to thank you so much for the wonderful comments you have posted about our Hotel ,we are excited about the changes that have taken place here. It is so nice to hear a guest tell us how much they enjoyed thier stay . We look forward to seeing you in the future and will continue to give you the same great service .

Sincerely ,
Lori

Reviewed 14 November 2011

My father passed away last week. We made a flying 10 hour road trip up to Minnesota. We were going to stay at his place, but issues with people caused us to need a hotel. After the stress, the tears, the emotion, snow and deer while driving in the dark, we made it here. Every other time we have stayed at an Americinn, it has been a good experience, so we decided to stay at this one. EVERYONE has been so nice and accommodating. We checked in late, and they had an issue with where to put us. They found room and were very understanding when we said we didn't know how long we would be here. They have stretched our stay longer and longer, only having to move us after the first night. They have a "funeral rate" which is lower than their usual rate (something nice when you have so many other expenses) and they upgraded our room because they had to move us from the first night.

My mother and son just arrived and they found a nice room for them, even though we didn't know exactly what day they would be here. There has been no pressure to reserve a room, just to take care of ourselves and to let them know what we knew.

Breakfast is really good and I like that it is available until 10 am, as we didn't get up early every day. Management has been more than helpful.

We were advised that they are getting ready to do a major re-model, so things can only get better here.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna E
americinngr, Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank You so much, but It was truley our pleasure having you and your family as our guest .I am so pleased that we were able to make this difficult time for you a bit easier .We would love to have you as our guest again if you are ever in the Grand Rapids area.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

They take the best care of us every time we stay. Friendly, helpful, they go the extra mile for us. I will not stay at any other hotel in Grand Rapids. They always find a room for me.

Room Tip: Just ask when you call
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you Jim we look forward to your weekly visit . Your cookies will be waiting .