“One of the best in town.”

AmericInn Grand Rapids
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
SD
“One of the best in town.”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a weekend night. Our room was a King NS room, which was recently updated and was very clean, had plenty of towels, a flat screen tv, nice sofa, microwave, and fridge and the internet worked great in the room. The bed seemed a little stiff as we both woke up with a backache, but then we are used to pillowtop beds. We were told these beds are about 6 months old. Breakfast in the morning is served until 10AM which is very nice. Most of the hot items you have to heat up in the microwave or toaster, but were tasty. This hotel is situated near restaurants and stores. We will most likely give this hotel another try, when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you for your kind words ,sorry that the bed was a bit stiff for you ,I do hope that you had some restful sleep . Here at the AmericInn we work hard to make sure our guest relax & recharge while at our hotel .I will pass on your comments about your guest room being clean to the housekeeping staff ,they enjoy hearing comments like that .We look forward to having you as one of our future guest .
Sincerely , Lori

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nebraska
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My wife & I stayed here two nights as part of our vacation trip. When we do a family vacation like this was....we will take a couple extra days earlier and trailer our motorcycle and do some touring of areas we have never been before meeting up with the kids/grand kids at our final vacation destination. Our stay here was, for the most part, delightful...there was one negative...more on that later. First, the staff greeted us with an invitation to attend a Thursday night customer appreciation barbeque of brats/burgers that they were holding just across the other side of the parking lot. How nice! After we unloaded our belongings, we made our way over to the 'que and struck up conversations about motorcycle riding in the area....turns out one of the staff and her husband also ride and she made some excellent suggestions. Now about the facilities....excellent location close to shopping and restaurants and a nice/large parking area which was perfect for parking vehicles with trailers (such as ours). The overall facility was clean and well kept inside and out. The rooms/layout are typical of Americinn fare. Our room was quiet, very clean and the appearance would suggest recent updating had taken place. The complimentary breakfast was well received and ample. The pool & hot tub which we didnt use was filled as can be expected during the core evening hours.

The only Con/downside that we experienced was there were a couple youth baseball teams staying there at the same time...for the most part they were seemingly well behaved inside the facility....outside however, another story. The first morning of our stay...the parking lot was strewn with fruit that was obviously taken from the establishment's free breakfast and some of the vehicles were pelted/splattered with such items.....as was the back of our motorcycle trailer. "Totally Not Cool." The second morning was water balloons/residue. So, while this is not under Americinn management's control as to this kind of activity, one can only hope, that whoever's little angels these were, that they will experience the same treatment somewhere else in the future.

Regardless, I would recommend that you consider staying here when visiting the Grand Rapids area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Wow, I thank you so much for your comments . This summer we started our Thursday night grilling in our picnic area. I enjoy visiting with our guest and in your case we had something in common Motorcycling .We have many great roads to tour on motorcycles here in Itasca Co. and I love to share some of my favorites with other motorcyclist.We have in the past year done quite a few revnovations to our guest rooms and we plan to continue with more upgrades thru out the property .
I am sorry for the behavior of other guest I just will not ever understand why they do some of the things they do.If your travels bring you back we will be happy to have you as our guest .
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Everytime my husband and I come to town for family reunions, we always stay here. The rooms are always clean and well-maintained, the staff are extremely courteous and helpful, the breaksfasts are great. I haven't got one complaint only complements. Whenever we come to town this will be our home away from home. Thanks Lori - you all are amazing!!!

Room Tip: just make the call :)
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Rebecca, we love having you as our guest and are pleased to hear you will be returning whenever you are in the Grand Rapid area . Our staff truley does care about our hotel and I am glad to hear that you noticed their hard work .
LaSalle, Illinois
Reviewed 20 June 2012

After a 10 hour drive it was nice to stay in a clean, comfortable room. The bed was great, pillows very comfortable. The only drawback was the funky bleach/vinegar smell when you first walked into the room. It did go away after a short time. I do not remember seeing an elevator either, (could have been my over tiredness) so it was rough carrying our suitcases up all the stairs. We got moved to another hotel after the first two nights due to a business arrangement and the other hotel wasn't nearly as nice. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to this area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
It is amazing how exhausting traveling can be , 10hrs is a long time to travel . I am so pleased that you found our beds to be comfortable .We do not have an elevator so please call the hotel direct when making your reservations and request a 1st floor room , so that we can best accommodate your needs . I do want to apologize for the odor, some times we use vinger when cleaning in the hotel . We hope to have you as our returning guest soon.
White Bear Lake MN
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have stayed at the AmericInn in Grand Rapids MN many times. We have family in the area. The hotel is very nice and very clean! They recently went thru some upgrades which has made it even better. The staff is great. This past weekend we stayed with them. Lori Whitted the hotel manager was working at the desk. My husband teased her about where the free cookies were. She said they were in the oven. We left for the day and when we came back there were cookies on our table in our room with a very sweet note attached. That's how the staff is at the AmmericInn in Grand Rapids. The pool and pool area has been very clean everytime we have stayed. My husband and I plan on staying at the AmericInn Grand Rapids every time we come to visit our family.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Mary Ellen,
We are thankful for your kind words. I believe that anyone of my front desk staff would have done the same as I did .I promised you cookies and the only way to be sure you got them before I left for the day was to leave them in your room for when you returned . I am glad to hear you enjoyed my little note .We look forward to your return visits .

Hoyt Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 April 2012 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised, it was clean and very quiet. The beds were comfortable and plenty of pillows. A great shower. The breakfast was extremely generous. Enjoyed the hot tub and liked that it was adults only from 10 to 12. Close to many shops and eating places. Will definitely stay there if the need should arise.

Stayed April 2012
Thank you so very much for the kind words .We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as a guest in the future.

America's Hinterland
Reviewed 14 April 2012

They have completed a renovation. The rooms were clean, well finished, furnished, and absolutely no smoke smell to be found. I was on the upper floor towrd the end of the hall. It was very quiet. Plenty of pillows and towels etc were provided. Breakfast was good. There was no bacon, but with the approximaely $20 savings over their local competitors, I can get a whole pack of bacon! The staff was friendly and attentive. I'm one of those clients who can tend to ramble and occasionally whine a little. The first night the pillows provided were too thick. Neck breakers I call them. They had my bed made with regular pillows the next nght with a smile on their face.

Please discount old reviews. We decided to try AmericInn Grand Rapids. Things are very good there now.

There is a good chance I'll be back in the area. I plan on staying here if I get the chance.

Room Tip: Business people - East end upper floor is very quiet. Target is a couple blocks south if you need su...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Bill , I would like to thank you so much for the wonderful comments you have posted about our Hotel ,we are excited about the changes that have taken place here. It is so nice to hear a guest tell us how much they enjoyed thier stay . We look forward to seeing you in the future and will continue to give you the same great service .

Sincerely ,
#7 of 11 in Grand Rapids
White Oak Inn & Suites
White Oak Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Deer River

Been to AmericInn Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!