“Great stay and will return”

AmericInn Grand Rapids
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great stay and will return”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had a great night this weekend, we did not have reservation and were lucky to get a room. The pool was busy, so we used the Jacuzzi in the room. It was the quietest running Jacuzzi I every used at any American inn. The AC worked great on a warm night and room was quite. Also the internet was better than I'm use to while at a hotel. I will stay here again next time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for your comments . It sounds like you had a very relaxing stay , which makes us happy .Its our goal for all our guest to leave feeling this way .Hope to have you back soon .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cold Spring, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here back in July when I was in Grand Rapids on business. Well I am back again on business and there was no doubt that I would stay at the AmericInn!! Again I was greeted by Jamie who was pleasant and helpful on check in. The room was very clean and comforatable. Perfect stay! This is a great place to stay, with a great staff!! I will be back again, count on it! Thanks!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Its guest like you we can't wait to see again :) I cant say enough how glad we are that you have chosen us as your Grand Rapids lodging facility when you are in our area .I will share your comments with the staff .See you soon !
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Spent one night at the Americinn Hotel in Grand Rapids MN on August 18, 2013, and I was surprised at the quality and high level of service I received. I booked through the hotel's toll free line and was give an excellent rate considering the short booking time and the fact it is high season. The hotel was immaculate, check-in was very smooth, and to my surprise there was a fantastic pool and hot tub area. The room had a king bed, and because the whole place is non-smoking, there was no unpleasant odors. Bed and pillows were excellent, and no road noise could be heard. Location was great - close to several restaurants and malls.

At the front of the hotel is a treed area with a picnic table and fire pit, and from the looks of it, has been used regularly by other guests for hot dog roasts or just gathering around the fire. The area was fairly clean and tidy - a few cigarette butts around but not a mess.

The continental breakfast was of a higher caliber than expected - waffles, toast, cereals, and pastries were abundant and the dining room was spacious and comfortable. Coffee was hot and fresh, and check-out was seamless. As an added feature, they have towels near the front door so that motorcyclists can wipe down their bikes before hitting the road.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor - it is 2 story and there is no elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for the great comments !! we are happy you enjoyed your stay .Next time your going to travel our way bring friends and try out our picnic area by grilling something yummy ( we have a tote with everything you need for grilling even a table cloth & bug spray available for a small fee all you need to bring is the food )
detroit
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here one night to visit our son, who is doing field work at a University of Minnesota wetlands field research station north of town. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, and the pool and hot tub were a nice bonus. A good typical modern American motel room is what you'll get here, no surprises, which after a long day of travel is a good thing. Microwave and fridge in this price range a nice spiff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank madmatthew
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
It is great to hear that you were able to work in a visit with your son while he was here working .I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with your accommodations . We hope to have both you & your son back to stay with us in the future. Thank you for your nice comments .
Cold Spring, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

When I arrived I was greeted by Jamie who was outstanding! Check in was fast and efficient. I explained to Jamie that I booked my stay on the website but it would not let me apply the AAA rate and she said "Know problem I can correct that for you" and she did. She also accommodated me in allowing a later check out due to a meeting I had. The pool, hot tub, and room were super clean and so neat! The bed was very comfortable and the shower great. (Soft water). Oh and fresh cookies and coffee when I arrived! Breakfast had a good selection and was very good. I am hooked on AmericInn Grand Rapids!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so very much for the great comments ! I read this with Jaime she was so excited that you mentioned her and with the wonderful things you had to say about her. She is a gem that's for sure . We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stopped on our way north on a fishing trip. We we happy with the room. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was newer. The breakfast was good. We are wheat free but there was still enough to fill us up. A good selection f fruit and yogurt. Would stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
americinngr, General Manager at AmericInn Grand Rapids, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for the nice review .Its nice to hear that you had a good nights rest & that you were pleased with the breakfast items offered . Hope to see you on your return trip .
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 June 2013

In town for work, so didn't expect much and was pleasantly surprised how wrong my assumption was.

Front desk staff: extremely friendly and helpful - offered dinner suggestions to a variety of local places so didn't feel obligated to visit only one.

Rooms: Clean, microwave and fridge both silent when running and worked perfectly. Good size shower, bathroom on the small side (but let's face it, how much time are you really going to spend in the bathroom?) Beds very comfortable, easily able to adjust the room temperature and even tho' had to turn the heater on due to the very inclement June weather, the room 'held the heat' extremely well so did not need to turn it back on again upon going to sleep - assume this would be the same with the air conditioning.

Cleaning staff: extremely efficient and friendly.

Location: convenient for my purposes - walking distance to Cub grocery store and Target if there's something you need and they don't happen to have it at the front desk.

Amenities: There is a pool (didn't use but looked great) and guests have access to a local fitness facility.

WiFi: Fast and easy to navigate logging on

More of a selection at the breakfast bar than other places I've stayed for work: variety of 4 different cold cereals, greek yogurt, boiled eggs, 2 varieties of breakfast sandwiches, assortment of muffins and donuts, oranges, apples, instant oatmeal, Belgian style waffles with assortment of toppings, toast, decaf and regular coffee with vanilla, caramel, or hazelnut Torani syrup offerings if you like. Afternoon snack included fresh fruit and two types of cookies (peanut butter and chocolate chip); in the late afternoon/evening the baked goods are refreshed as well as the fruit and a salty snack mix (think Giardettos snack mix) is put out for consumption.

All in all, very pleasantly surprised with this AmericInn and would stay here again if in the area for either work or for family vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank M J B
Its nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay ,thank you for all the great comments. You were so generous to point out so many of the positive amenities and the fact that all of our staff was so friendly , I will be sure to share your comments with the them. We look forward to having you stay with us again if you find yourself in the Grand Rapids area .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Rapids
#7 of 11 in Grand Rapids
White Oak Inn & Suites
White Oak Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Deer River

Been to AmericInn Grand Rapids? Share your experiences!