“Had better Zorbaz, elsewhere.”

Zorbaz on Pokegama Lake
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
“Had better Zorbaz, elsewhere.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stopped in on our way to Moorhead from Babbitt. It was a bit out of the way, but after my last experience at the Alexandria Zorbaz, I was craving a Zorbaz taco like no other. The funny thing about cravings is that you have high expectations of the food and that leads to being let down. The food was average and service was okay. I just expected a little more after such a great experience in Alexandria. Try it if you haven;t yet, as you could be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited March 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's worse here service or food.”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Ate at Zorbaz in Grand Rapids Minnesota and could not have been more dissapointed. Starting with the service at the bar, it is apparent if the staff does not recognize you they do not want to interact with you. I stood at the bar near a till for fifteen minutes while I watched the bartender look at me several times and continue talking to the only other three patrons at the bar, apparently they knew eachother as she proudly showed off her tattoos to them and served them several beers as I stood. When I finally got to order it was rushed and hurried, seemed as if my not being a local had set her back in some way. Thankfully I got through my order and the bartender was able to return to her three other patrons. I put my number on the table and barely sipped my beer as I knew the service I would receive if I were to approach the bar for another. The pizza came after one hour and fifteen minutes to my table. Not only was it late, it was unbearable to eat. The only way to describe it was raw and cold. I asked the bartender what had happened, her response was "oh sorry the kitchen staff burnt your first one so they made another as fast as possible". No effort was taken to notice or improve the situation, I do not think I saw a manager during my entire stay of 3 hours for one beer and one pizza. Never EVER eat here

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank travel T
Wabasha, Minnesota, United States
“Bad service, okay food”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I stopped at this location on our way back from a long road trip up north. We visited a different Zorbaz near Park Rapids a couple years ago and expected to enjoy decent food with a great selection of beers and friendly, prompt service. Instead, we were greeted by an apparently hungover bartender who was almost too busy speaking with (and serving, apparently without cost) her off-duty co-worker to take our order. She managed to get us our drinks, but failed to return for our food order. I should note that there only were two other customers in the ENTIRE RESTAURANT, but we were forced to wait almost fifteen minutes to order our meal-- even though there were at least three other servers whose eyes we tried to catch. The food, once it arrived, was mediocre relative to the price and certainly was not tasty enough to offset the terrible service. To make matters worse, the menu was quite difficult to read because it was filled with annoying "z's" and words spelled phonetically to represent a Minnesotan accent. The crowning touch, however, was the off-duty employee's decision to snack on the condiments from the Bloody Mary bar and wave her bitten-off pickle over the open pitchers of mixers and bottles of vodka. This place probably survives because it has an amazing selection of beers at a decent price and a name that is recognizable in the region. The managers may want to think twice, however, about leaving their twenty-something employees unattended if they want to continue to turn a profit.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jennifer P
Des Moines, Iowa
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stopped by for the pizza and it was very, very good. The atmosphere is interesting (great place to meet friends and hang out). The most interesting aspect is you actually go up to the bar to order. Took us a little bit to figure it out, but once we did it was fine.

Visited September 2013
Stapleton, Alabama
“Drive your boat right up to the beach and have a nice meal in a fun place.”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

ZorbaZ. The concept is very good. you can arrive by car or arrive by boat. for a beer and a meal.
There's a small beach with a beach bar, and a live band playing, all separate from the main restaurant which is on top of the hill overlooking Pokegama lake. The view is beautiful.
There are a lot of good things to be said about this bar/ restaurant. They try very hard to make it a fun place to visit for adults, not so much for children, as it Is a bar .
The menu is interestingalthough a bit confusing to read, a mixture of Pizza and Mexican and a few other oddities like Fish Taco's make for an interesting challenge to decipher as almost every word that Could start with an S on the menu is replaced with a Z. making some of the items difficult to figure out what they are. Once you do decide what your going to eat it's up to you to go to the bar and order the food you want. That is not such a good idea. The restaurant have plenty of wait staff who deliver your food to you at your table, so why can't they also take the order for it. then there won't be any misunderstanding such as I encountered last night.
I ordered a Taco salad and two Fish Taco's. I asked the barman who took my order, to leave out Onions Black Olives and Cilantro. Obviously his mind was Not on his job. when my meal arrived these ingredients had been left out of the Taco Salad , but so had the beef...Leaving me with a bowl of lettuce with cheese and a meager dollop of sour cream on top, and the Fish Taco's Were loaded with Onions, Cilantro and Black Olives. Not a good experience for me. But I must commend the manager. when I informed him of my dilemma he saw to it that I received coupons for two free Fish Taco's and a Free Taco Salad. Great for people who live in the area, but I was just visiting Grand Rapids. Therefore I had to give them away to someone who would be able to use them. All in all, not a great experience for Me. I have no doubt that most of the time a Good time can be had by all who venture to Zorbaz on Pokegama Lake Grand Rapids Minn.

t