“Unique, but keep expectations realistic”

T-Box Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Ham Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Mpls, MN
“Unique, but keep expectations realistic”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Things I like: atmosphere is a cozy small restaurant. Beer: nice selections. Food; been here three times. Two out of three times I was pleased with the food. Although always tasty, once I ordered the juicy Lucy med., and got an overcooked Lucy with the juicy cheese cooked out..
Things that I don't like; the above mentioned order, sent it back and by the time I got the second one, everyone was done eating; then when we got the check there was no adjustment. When asked about it, the waitress said oh yes, I forgot. The other thing is out of the three visits, two of thre times my drink glass was chipped. Ish. Could be a really good place with some detail adjustments and refinements in consistency.

• Visited November 2013

twin cities
“Our neighborhood favorite”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

T-Box is one of the few independent restaurants in the area and we go there nearly every week. The food is always good, burgers, pizzas, pasta, steak, salmon - we've tried and liked nearly every item on the menu. The service is friendly and professional. There are always some interesting beers but we feel the wine pours are a bit stingy - we keep ordering it though!

Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice to have something besides a sportsbar”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

We love this place. The food is always excellent and its something different for this area. Everywhere you go its burgers, wraps and pizza and the t-box has lobster mac n cheese!!! I love the B.L.A.T, a blt with avocado. Its a nice environment too, feels like a little wine bar.

• Visited April 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Unique Small Restaurant & Bar”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We visit T-Box a couple of times a month, at least. There's a selection of good craft beers, great, unique food, and reasonable pricing. Wait staff is well trained, personable, and efficient.
The BBQ chicken pizza is GREAT...

Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gem of a restaurant hidden in Ham Lake!”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This place is a must try! I went there for my birthday and it's a cozy little place that is very comfortable and kind of a romantic atmosphere. We had a salad and they make their own dressing. The ranch dressing was fantastic and better than anything I've had in a bottle! The Lobster mac & cheese is pretty tasty but if you go, you MUST have a slice of caramel cheesecake for dessert - it is AMAZING!! This is not a vanilla slice drizzled with caramel on top. It's baked into the cheesecake and our huge slice was baked just 2 hours prior, so it was still warm. I am drooling already and will be going back soon just for dessert!

The food is served fast, so don't order your food unless you're ready to eat within the next 10 mins or less.

Will warn you, there isn't a LOT of choices on the menu, but so far what they have is homemade and delicious. It is a little gem hidden in Ham Lake one wouldn't expect to find.

• Visited January 2013