“A great little gem in Hastings”
Review of The Onion Grille

The Onion Grille
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

If you are in the Hastings area, give this place a try. Very good food at a reasonable price. Our group of 4 had the Scallops (me), walleye (my wife), steak & salmon (friends). We were not disappointed. All of the dinners were very good. However, the French onion soup was good - but a little pedestrian. The dinner salads were typical. Nothing special with the soup or salad. We plan on returning.

1  Thank dcramsay

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Met there with friends, recommended by a gal at La-Di-Dah, enjoyed both places. The shop is really cute..
We had cocktails and appetizers, homemade potato chips, and bruschetta, and chicken samplers, everything was good..

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The ambiance and service of nostalgic fine dining paired with excellent fresh flavors and a chef who cares about patron satisfaction.(and makes wonderful desserts). Their version of clam chowder is my husband's favorite. They also make special drinks to complement our local theatre show themes at times that are fun and wonderfully flavorful!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The meals are very tasty.The Onion Blossom appetizer is absolutely wonderful....its stuffed with chopped mushrooms and drizzled with a balsamic vinegar reduction. Portions are appropriate.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I tried The Onion Grille for the first time in Feb 2014. We were told that the restaurant has been open about 3 years now. We were in for an early dinner on a Sat evening so not very busy at that time (4pm). A little pricey on the dinner menu, but comparable to other restaurants in the area serving a more specialized menu. The bread brought to the table was tasty and fresh. I chose the Beer cheese soup instead of the salad, and that was quite yummy. My main entree was Scallops with roasted baby reds. Also done tastefully. My husband ordered a pasta dish with sausage and he also enjoyed that. The serving size was appropriate. They have an upper level that is used for occasional dinner theater/events. Seating on main level had a nice ambiance. They also have a cocktail lounge/bar area. The drinks were a bit pricey. I look forward to returning to this restaurant again to try out their lunch menu.

1  Thank TwoLooseScrews