“Family Celebration”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: www.wiederholts.com
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Our family has traveled fifty plus miles to Wiederholt's to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries over the past 40 years. Our last visit was a Saturday evening with 5:30 reservations. Our party of 10 included 3 children and an infant - all information shared when reservations were made. We were seated at a long table surrounded by 10 tables. Our 20 month granddaughter is very lively and animated. She laughed loudly and frequently as she was happy to be with her extended family. Food delivery was very slow. We finished our meals at 7:30. Customers around us were probably annoyed by the happy noises made by the kids. Prices of the food seemed very high - kids meals averaged $16. Prime rib is generous and delicious, the rest of the menu is quite generic - frozen shrimp, very spare barbecued ribs, no soup or garlic bread on the weekend. I think the best of times for this restaurant are gone. It is time for Robert Irvine to do a remodel and restoration to fresh cooked food. Our family won't make the trek to Wiederholt's again. Perhaps the locals will keep the restaurant busy.

1  Thank Diane195019681971

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was my second trip here, as I have family in Hastings, and this is about a 10 minute drive away. I\While small, and a bit out of the way, another reviewer said it perfect. Its worth the trip. The first trip I had the pork chops, and they were amazing, but the waitress this time suggested the "World Famous" Prime Rib. I doubt it's world famous, but it should be. It was melt in your mouth delicious. I couldn't even finish my piece it was so big! That being said it was probably because of the unlimited garlic bread ( its amazing as well) they keep bringing to the table as well as the salad etc.
I don't know if I would go on a Fri or sat night without reservations, but other than that...this is a MUST eat if your within 100 miles!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Enjoyed our evening at Wiederholts. We were traveling with our group of friends. A nice family run business where you are greeted by the owners when you enter the door. The owners and staff were all very friendly checking our table many times. Food was great ! Thanks for a great evening of dining.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Another great meal and enjoyable evening. We have been going to Wiederholt's for many years. Love that it has not changed much. Two of us had fabulous prime rib, one had broiled shrimp that were said to be wonderful, one had rib eye steak which was termed good.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

They are still wildly popular we were there on a Sat night with a reservation and still had to wait about 15 Min ( people who came in same time as us without Res only waited about 5 min longer.
I felt like it has slipped a bit..they use to have big meaty froglegs now they were kinda puny and smothered in breading. My wife had a pork chop that was cooked well but lacked seasoning. There were 3 of us at the table but the relish cup ( not tray) had 2 sticks of celery,2 sticks of carrot and 2 olives ..somebody can't do math .. the main thing coming out of kitchen were HUGH slabs of prime rib..If you want to eat that much red meat ( and I do mean RED) this is the place for you..otherwise it probably isn't worth the drive