“Charming and Amazing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
The Historic Inn on Ramsey Street
Ranked #1 of 3 Hastings B&B and Inns
Omaha, Nebraska
“Charming and Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed here for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon and it was absolutely perfect. The innkeepers really make you feel at home and were very knowledgeable about the area. We had breakfast both mornings and the food was wonderful. The first breakfast was so good, we were just excited to see what we would get the next morning. If you are looking for a peaceful getaway, this is the place. The town itself is charming and quiet. We are already looking at weekends when we will be able to get back there. I would tell everyone to go here for at least 2 nights.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Spring Green, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

We were a group of 20 women on a vineyard tour/weekend getaway and our hosts were so welcoming! We rented out the entire house for Saturday night, and the staff was incredibly accommodating with helping us add special touches in each room to surprisse the girls. The bedrooms are comfortable and charming with surprising little details everywhere you turn. The sheets smelled like heaven and the special shampoo/conditioner in the bathroom made my hair feel amazing. Breakfast was lovely - three beautiful courses with so many thoughtful little touches. The two porches are inviting and cozy. The freezer stocked with ice cream was a great treat. Hastings is a lovely community and I would strongly recommend a visit to the Alexis Bailey winery.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2011

We purchased a deal on Living Social for this bed and breakfast, so going into not knowing what to totally expect out of it, we were incredibly pleased with our experience. We only stayed one night, Saturday to a Sunday but a nice relaxing time. The room we stayed in was massive for two people, with two fire places and a nice seating area next to a radio that we had on most of the time. The room we stayed in was the Rebecca room. It has a whirlpool in the room which is nice right next to a wood burning fire place, nice and cozy! The room has no TV which I enjoyed, we didn't rely on turning on the TV to keep us entertained. The owners were amazing and I am pretty sure they do almost everything around Rosewood to keep it going and they do a great job at it. The breakfast was great and smelt amazing even before it got to our room. The only very little complaint I have is when we were trying to book the room we kept trying to call the number listed on the website and we kept getting the answering machine and leaving messages and we never received a call back. We went in April and it was still quite cold so not to much to do around the area when it is so cold but it seemed like a lot of trails near the river. I would recommend the Muddy Waters restaurant for a dinner out. Very nice ambience inside and great food and service. :)

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

This was an amazing place with great anemities! My husband and I wanted a relaxing weekend away and that's what we got. We soaked in the whirlpool, enjoyed the cookies and ice cream, and enjoyed the ambiance of the place

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

Some friends told us about Rosewood, and we are glad they did. We had a very busy week, a funeral and a wedding and wanted to get away from it all, and we feel that's just what we did. We ordered dinner at the inn, and found it to be wonderful. I would recommend eating in. Breakfast too was very good. I slept like a log, had to bring one of their pillows home with me. I want to bring my sisters with me next time. They will love it! We had some plans but never left the inn. Our room was The Cove, they were all nice but I am going back to The Cove.

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

I'm shocked that a reviewer had a bad experience, sounds like an unsual snafu to me. I have stayed with Pam and Dick (it almost feels like "their house") several times over many years. They specialize in private, romantic getaways, but I have stayed with them while in the Cities on business, as well, because I like the safety and the homey feel rather than an impersonal hotel/motel. (Not to mention breakfast served to my/our room...mmmm.) As a solo woman traveler, it's nice to have someone worry if you don't come back at night, and also nice to raid the cookie jar!
Pam and Dick have been innkeepers for decades, know what they are doing and have helped others start B&Bs. It's my understanding Dick is the genius behind designing and building the guestrooms and bathrooms, which are really unique! I've stayed in several and have enjoyed them all.
Hastings, too, deserves a mention. What a great little town. I'm a foodie, and the Creative Confectionary and Emily's Bakery are wonderful, for truffles and nutty donuts, respsectively (I'm from Michigan, and you just can't get nutty donuts here in MN!). The creamery has great malts for a steal of a price, too. It's a wonderful walking and antiquing town on the Mississippi River, a hidden gem.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Fridley, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

I love to stay at Bed and Breakfasts because, when done right, because they can end up feeling like second homes. Unfortunately, that was not my experience when I stayed at the Classic Rosewood.

Booking was a difficult experience. A promotion popped up offering us a tour and discount on a second night if you called to reserve, but when we did we were informed that was an error. They said they'd look into it and call us back...they didn't. So, I said "forget it, mistakes happen" and just booked the room with a Honeymoon Package. I was told that a confirmation e-mail would be sent. It never came so my husband called a week before the trip to confirm and they told us they didn't send the e-mail because they were waiting to here from the massage place. Ok.

When we arrived we were informed they didn't have all the pieces to the honeymooners package. They tried to make amends via notecard informing me they had "upgraded my room" and not charged me for the missing pieces of the basket. Problem was I picked the room I wanted and the package was my attempt at giving myself the honeymoon I hadn't had due to the flu. The changes came as such a shock I started crying. Luckily the people they had moved into the room, also moved back to their first choice, so I did get my room back. The whole thing could have been avoid with one phone call informing us of the situation.

The mattress in the room was very uncomfortable, we hardly saw the Inn Keepers, the rooms are a little worn around the edges. However, the food was good. The fireplaces and whirlpools are very nice and romantic. Overall, it was just too impersonal for me.

1 Thank Chri33y
classicrosewood, Owner at The Historic Inn on Ramsey Street, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Sincere apologies. We feel very bad that our communication with this guest before their stay was not what it should have been. We also feel bad our free upgrade was not accepted. We do like however that they really did love the room they chose (Spring Lake ) even more than a more expensive suite. This was a Friday and Saturday night stay and as they said we did offer a free upgrade even before they realized our mistake, we had realized our mistake. (Hindsight we wish we had called them) and we should not have assumed they would like the upgrade better. We purposely did not book one room (at our loss) because we wanted to make it up to them as parts of the package were not available. Also our personal note and Dick's apology were certainly not meant to be impersonal, in fact just the opposite. We strive for privacy for our guests but we are always here – trying to be behind the scenes but available at all times. We started off on the wrong foot and feel bad that The Chocolate March ticket package was promoted even though the tickets were sold out. We have sent them a personal apology as well. Our website has been upgraded to only show packages currently available and we are going to use the phone in the future more so as perhaps email is becoming too impersonal. Sincerely, Dick and Pam Thorsen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove
#5 of 9 in Red Wing
Super 8 Red Wing
Super 8 Red Wing
#6 of 9 in Red Wing

Been to The Historic Inn on Ramsey Street? Share your experiences!