“We'll Be Back to this Fabulous Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
The Historic Inn on Ramsey Street
Ranked #1 of 3 Hastings B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“We'll Be Back to this Fabulous Place”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We received this as a gift for our 10th Anniversary. The place is a little out of the way from where we normally would travel so I was apprehensive at first. But after my first call to Pam I felt very comfortable. When we arrived I felt like we were the only somebody's in the world. She welcomed us, brought us in, toured us with history and information. I thought it was really cute that they had an ice cream bar which we OF COURSE took advantage of. In any event, our room the cove was more than imagined. It was nice, romantic, fun and there were no tv's....have to admit that shocked us at first but we needed no tv's to spend time with each other. So, the fireplace and unlimited logs were awesome and the breakfast was amazing! That's when we met her husband Dick and they were just the sweetest couple we've ever met. We'll be back just for conversation alone but they pampered us so much I was just amazed how they could do it and still do the same thing for other quests with the sweetest attitudes. We pray many blessings for these people and their inns and many blessing to their youngest daughter Britt! Thank you Rosewood for a wonderful time!

Room Tip: Go for the Cove and the Mississippi rooms. They are AWESOME!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tatocakes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This was my second visit to Rosewood. I was very excited to come back. This time I was with my sisters. Instead of the romantic weekend I had with my husband the first time, this was more of a knitting marathon with lots of laughs. We ate well and laughed often. We had a different breakfast each morning (delicious.)
We did do one quick trip to the mega mall, which is very easy to get to from Rosewood, but found ourselves hurrying back. I guess we weren't thru relaxing. We can shop anytime, but a get away to ourselves? That's something new to us. My sister who has a hard time sleeping, found the beds very comfortable, and slept well. We all did but she seldom does. All of the accommodations are the best. We brought our own snacks but it wasn't needed because the ice cream and home made cookies were there for us.
We ran onto other guests a few times, but the house is so large, we never heard a peep from others. I was glad about that because all the laughing we did may have been annoying to others. Pam assured us we were welcome back, and we didn't bother anyone. We were very glad to hear that because we plan on coming back again. This was just the first of many weekends at Rosewood for these girls.

Room Tip: I stayed in The Cove, as that was my favorite from the weekend with my husband. My sisters shared Re...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lolla2010
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed at the Rosewood Inn for one night in November of 2011. Overall, it was very relaxing. We stayed in the Spring Lake Room. While the wallpaper was very dark, we enjoyed the fireplace on a snowy evening. There was no shower in our room, only a bathtub. I didn't even think to ask about that before arriving. The bed was not as comfortable as we would have liked (could feel the springs in the mattress). We enjoyed the extra treats of cookies and organic ice cream that was available. Breakfast was an egg souffle and caramel bread pudding with fresh fruit. It was okay. There were coffee stains on the table cloth when we sat down, so we could tell they don't change their linens in between diners. The house was a historical gem, we enjoyed reading about its history in a book that was out in our room.

The part that was disappointing was the lack of communication from the hosts from the get-go when I made the reservation. They took down my email address and said they would email out a confirmation email, which I never received. I called about a week later (after seeing the room charged to my credit card), left a message saying that I didn't receive an email confirmation, and never heard a call back. I called the Rosewood several times, and no one answered the phone during the day, which seemed kind of odd.

There was a snowstorm the day of our stay. We drove about 2 1/2 hour to get to the Rosewood through icy road conditions and arrived just after 3:30pm. We knew that check-in wasn't until 4pm, but we thought the hosts would be around, and after a long, stressful drive, we couldn't wait to get in and relax! We stood on their front steps in the freezing cold and snow, ringing the doorbell, calling all 3 phone numbers listed on the door, with no answer. We ended up going into town and 15 minutes later, I got a call from the host and she said that she was out running errands and wouldn't be there before 4pm. We get it. Check-in is at 4pm, but we didn't think it would be too much more effort to be there a little early, especially knowing that their guests were driving through snow to get there. We ran into another couple when we did check in, that had the same thing happen: got there 15 minutes early, tried calling the numbers, and no answer. A bummer start to the stay.

Again, overall our stay was nice, just wasn't anything above and beyond what other Bed and Breakfasts offer.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank allisonfaith11
classicrosewood, Owner at The Historic Inn on Ramsey Street, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Our goal is our guests’ happiness! So to begin, we are so very sorry we were not available for an unplanned early check in. I might mention most inns have an 11 AM.check-out time. Ours is “noonish”. Our experience (28 years) has proven that most of our guests do not want to leave and giving them this extra hour away alone together is important to them. Most all use it. This is not an excuse but an explanation..

Thank you for the nice comments on the help yourself unlimited homemade organic cookies and organic ice cream and the enjoyment of the fireplace and appreciation for what a historic gem this building is. Also we are grateful for mentioning our OK full breakfast. We do breakfast to guests’ schedule and also guest choice of place (even in the suite) and at private tables. We have a full commercial kitchen and use all organics, neither a requirement, but we feel both are extremely important. And speaking of dining, finding a coffee stain on a tablecloth is unacceptable and unusual and we feel very bad this happened. We take the complaint about the mattress very seriously also.We will continue to monitor it. It is as important as the luxury sheets (Comphy) and pillows (My Miracle Pillows) we provide.And about the shower, all of our rooms were designed with guests’ comfort and enjoyment in mind. Seven of the eight have wood burning fireplace, double whirlpool and dining area with comfy chairs as is true in the Spring Lake room. Some also have showers. Spring Lake has a double Pearl whirlpool (not just a bathtub as was stated in this review). We are very precise on our website about the details for each room. I feel bad I did not reiterate the room description in our reservation conversation. And finally I am sorry that I may have messed up on this guest’s email address. I must have spelled something wrong. According to my records I had sent it. As a typical small inn, we do not have a full time person on the phones. Well we do actually, I am it. But I am often on the other line, baking cookies, running errands or tending to guests. Again this is not meant to be an excuse but an explanation. We are always grateful for the opportunity to improve. Thank you for this opportunity.
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I was fortunate enough to spend a whole week by myself at this amazing Bed and Breakfast. The Classic Rosewood is the longest running single-owner B&B in the state and it shows! They have everything covered. Want to know what's good to eat in town? They've got full menus on hand. Need a place to keep your bike? Not a problem. Want to store your leftovers? Doggie Bag 'Fridge! They've thought of everything. The breakfasts are AMAZING (where did they get that bacon??), the tea and ice cream soothing, and the bottomless cookie jar brimming with words-cannot-describe-how-delicous cookies - they'll make you cry.

I stayed in the Isabelle suite which was perfect. It has its own little 4-season porch where I spent most of my alone time. The atmosphere in this B&B is exactly what I needed to relax and get away from it all. Whether getting away with your thoughts or with your sweetie I would highly recommend the Classic Rosewood to anyone!

Room Tip: The Isabelle Suite and the Solarium have the most windows, the Mississippi room is Huge. There are M...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Bristol, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This fabulous B&B near everything the Twin Cities offers,brings the quietness of a small city to a carefree stay. Include the elegance of experiencing what history has to offer in room ambience and then add the breakfast masterpiece of Dick and Pam. The Popover Panckes are worth the stay alone. While waiting for Pam to answer the front door before your entrance please empty the 21 Century and slip back to the late 19th century. Pam and Dick ask "If you believe in magic" keep that in mind as you see two professionals do what they know best. Taking care of guests.

When Pam starts a story about the Inn or previous guests never take the short story because you will miss the true passion Pam has for what she and Dick do. From remolding to receipes we can all learn a new idea that will help in life's adventures. Having stayed in the best suite in the Classic Rosewood Inn which was not my first choice, but am elated about the upgrade. All the suites had something special to offer and for a B&B this one had not one suite that I would not stay in. Pam reminds you about the cookies that are available to guests, but please never miss the ice cream that is special beyond comparison. When looking for dining in the evening look no farther than a few blocks. Hastings has great restuarants and Pam will give you clues if you elude to what your interested in eating.

The atmosphere in Dick and Pam's B&B is more towards being good friends and enjoying time together for the experience in life instead of just a place to stay. Our next trip to the Twin Cities will include a stay at Dick and Pam's other B&B. It's not magic, but two people who enjoy what they doing and giving back experiences and memories to others

Room Tip: Romance is included in every room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank breaddude
Wentzville, Missouri
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The Rosewood is a Bed & Breakfast that truly makes you feel at home. The Innkeeper Pam is friendly and knowledgeable about the history of her building. In the hall they have a map of the city and Pam offered us helpful tips on how to enjoy our stay in Hastings. The library is lined with books and magazines from floor to 10-foot ceiling. In the back room on the main floor you can find tea, ice cream, and cookies for all. We truly felt welcome and we would recommend it to Bed & Breakfast lovers and travelers of every walk. Also, when I forgot my glasses Pam promptly mailed them back to me and was kind enough to insure the package. This kind of customer service is unrivaled in my experience. Thank you for everything!

Room Tip: Bed and Breakfast
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed here for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon and it was absolutely perfect. The innkeepers really make you feel at home and were very knowledgeable about the area. We had breakfast both mornings and the food was wonderful. The first breakfast was so good, we were just excited to see what we would get the next morning. If you are looking for a peaceful getaway, this is the place. The town itself is charming and quiet. We are already looking at weekends when we will be able to get back there. I would tell everyone to go here for at least 2 nights.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove
#5 of 9 in Red Wing
Super 8 Red Wing
Super 8 Red Wing
#6 of 9 in Red Wing

Been to The Historic Inn on Ramsey Street? Share your experiences!