“Great bakery and deli”

Emily's Bakery & Deli
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Hastings
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great bakery and deli”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Family owned for generations. This bakery and deli is a gem. The different breads, pastries, cookies, pies, cakes and more make up the bakery portion. The deli has fresh made specials each day for soups, sandwiches and desserts. They also do to go boxes for picnics. We've been coming here for 30+ years and still look forward to seasonal items and quick lunches. The foods are fresh made in front of customers; the potato salads and others are homemade and make any lunch or meal special.

• Visited May 2014

St Paul, MN
“Affordable Bakery”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I go to this bakery for their sugar cookies. I have ordered sugar cookies in all shapes and sizes and colors to celebrate my childs birthday at school. Emily's bakery has been very accomidating to my requests. I once ordered sugar cookies with blue frosting andd a white star in the middle with a hole in the top of the cookie to be able to hang the cookies like a medal-they did it with no problems! Also, the best part, these cookies are very affordable compared to other bakeries. I can usually get 25-30 cookies for under 25$. Love this bakery!

• Visited January 2014
St. Paul, Minnesota
“I wish I could be happier with Emily's”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love Emily's bakery goods, breads, cakes, pies, donuts. It's local at its best. I avoid the deli area. I have tried 3 times the deli area for different things and have been greatly disappointed in the rudeness of the counter people: Once I asked for soup and the counter person took great pains to remind me they close in 10 minutes and it took forever for them to fetch it. It was cold. I got a deli tray for a funeral and when I stopped to pick it up early I was rudely told it wouldn't be ready for a while. When trying to pinpoint the time it would be ready they told me it would be ready when the order slip told them (noon instead of 10). Final time was ordering a sandwich. It seemed no one wanted to be bothered to make said sandwich. So, Emily, if you're listening, please tell your staff to lighten up, appreciate the customers, and do what they're supposed to be doing when they're working. They're driving me away!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank 2paradise
“Awful”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Every time I try Emily's I am disappointed. Their fruit items skimp on the fruit. There is little flavor in them. Their cookies are dry. The baked goods are heavy and tasteless. The breads are dry and tasteless . They are too expensive for the quality. And the customer service lacks customer skills -- they are usually rude. The coffee is watered down and too expensive for a 6-8oz per cup. CUB bakery has more flavor, fruit, and moistness. I never suggest this bakery as a choice in town. YUCK YUCK YUCK!

• Visited January 2014
Hastings, Minnesota
“Love it, great on Saturday mornings!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We semi-regularly go here, especially when we have company over, and pick up a big assorted box of goodies. For being a non-grocery-store bakery, the prices are great. You gotta get there early, though, because I've missed out on some of my favorites before.

Love Emily's! The ONLY THING keeping it from going to a 5 is they don't have any really neat unique stuff like some other bakeries have. But that's just my opinion :)

• Visited July 2013