Valu Stay Inn & Suites Hastings
Nichols Inn of Hastings(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$111
US$96
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Wakota Inn & Suites(Cottage Grove)
US$85
US$93
US$135
US$129
Very Good 4/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel with my husband because we live an hour 1/2 away from Hastings and we were going to Treasure Island for an event show. Our hotel room was decent when we first walked in. I didn't see it being dirty or nasty anywhere out of the usual. I sure did have my hesitation about this place though when I booked online! The front drive way is a little awkward to get into. The other review/s on this are right, you really do got to pay attention! The parking is not to horrible. And the breakfast is THE MOST RIDICULOUS thing I've ever seen at a hotel. I was expecting AT LEAST a dry cereal option... but breakfast is from 6-9, I go down there, and the door is locked (im there at 7), and there is nothing in there except some packaged thing in the donut box and juice. But I ended up getting something out of the vending machine. So I was super disappointed in that. But the tv remotes need new batteries and the volume on the tv kept going in and out every now and then but not to much where it was starting to be annoying. I thought the bed was comfortable - but to each their own on that. Everyone likes something different. The staff were friendly too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nadiasmom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

If your on a budget this is the place to stay, if not, then I would not recommend. For $60/night you get what you pay for...a clean warm place to stay and that is it. If you have the funds, keep looking. The heat took a long time to kick in, the cable didn't workI and the "free breakfast" consisted of 1 mini pre-pkged roll, the coffee & juice were 98% water and that was it. Very disappointed in that, but again, what do you expect for $60?
The parking lot was all ice, if you were not paying attention you could have drivin or slid right thru the front of the building, there was minimal parking in the back. Like others stated, the employees are very friendly but take that and put a little more effort into your hotel. They are probably that happy because they are very well rested from not having to over work at their hotel...my recommendation is, at the very least, but a little more effort into your "free breakfast"...that was terrible!!
Feb 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank D m
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Our experience here was horrible. My husband and I booked it because we needed to get to Treasure Island Casino for a wedding event, and it said they had a shuttle to get us there on their website. They dont.
We had to pay in full when we got there, not that it was a problem, but it just shows the quality of the "hotel". I feel like this should have been a $30 motel, and even that would have been debatable. When we got to our room it reeked of dirty feet and mildew. There were dirty towels hanging up, and the "clean" towels were stained.
Because of our late arrival, we had to stay here. I didnt trust the comforter so we put that on the floor. The beds were ok, but I was so grossed out by the smell and staleness of the room I didnt really sleep. Then in the morning when I took a shower, I felt dirtier after the shower than I had before it. The shower curtain was moldy and gross and the tub was grimy.
When we checked out, there was no one at the desk. Just a phone sitting there, so we picked up the phone and a voice on the other end said to leave the keys on the desk. And that was it. NO customer service whatsoever. And their "FREE" continental breakfast? Toast and mini muffins. Not even butter for the toast. I would NEVER stay here again, and Im really not that picky. But this place was just gross.

Room Tip: Get another hotel. Not worth the money
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank crystal_beilke
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Spent 4 nights here. The room was clean where it counted but a better vacuum would improve the rug. Beds were very comfortable. A/C worked fine. Towels are minimalist and dingy. Actually bought my own for $4 at Target that was much better. Breakfast needs improvement. No cups for coffee or juice the first day. Only white bread for toast. OJ was acceptable the first 2 days, watered down to undrinkable the third day, and by the fourth morning the juice dispenser was filled only with water--and this was at 7:45 a.m.
Was surprised to have payment requested up front, when I checked in. Not just a credit card hold, but the entire bill. This is a Mom&Pop run hotel and a bit more attention to hospitality would improve things considerably.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank anotherhoo
Reviewed 22 September 2010

There is no elevator, so ask for a room on the first floor. The rooms on the first floor are also larger, at least the non-smoking ones are. No lobby area to hang out in. Free breakfast is best skipped entirely. Go to Perkins just down the street. There is a charge for internet service. Minimal bath amenities: one bar of soap & shampoo.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family