“LOVE♥♥♥”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
“LOVE♥♥♥”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I haven't been a big fan of sushi until I went here. I absolutely love the people who work here. Service is great. Food is excellent. I go there at least once a month(Duluth downtown location). I am totally in love.

1 Thank Summer C

Duluth, Minnesota, United States
“awesome”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Zen House is always great. I have never had the chance to eat in. But if I had a bad experience I wouldnt want to go back. But i always have a hankering for that place, its great. If I had the money I would go every day.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Joy F
Duluth, Minnesota
“AWESOME”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I love the Zen House! I eat there almost once a week and absolutely LOVE the food and the staff is always extremely friendly. I also took their sushi making class and had a blast! I order fish through the Zen House when it comes to have a sushi party as well. Great place and by far the best Sushi in the Twin Ports!

1 Thank Kate F
Gordon, Wisconsin
“Simply Addicting”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I have sampled sushi from many different restaurants across the United States, and the sushi served at Zen House is by far the best I have tasted, especially considering that it is difficult to get fresh fish in the midwest. Those who are put off by the gas station setting are truly missing out. By now, all of the servers know me by name and every visit has been just as stellar as my first visit. Zen House also offers sushi classes once a month, which are a ton of fun - you leave with a belly full of sushi, implements to roll your own sushi, and of course the knowlege of how to roll your own sushi. They also will sell you raw fish if you then desire to make your own sushi at home. Zen House is also continuously running fundraisers and raising awareness for the victims of the Fukishima nuclear disaster. I am proud to have such an upstanding business in the Twin Ports area.

2 Thank Flaim N
Chicago, Illinois
“food POISONING”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

ok i dont know what everyone else is talking about on here but the sushi here is absolutely terrible. the sushi they brought out to me smelled very fishy and when i asked if they froze the salmon they said they never freeze the fish, so naturally i sent my sushi back, for anyone that knows anything about fish you will understand. i also ordered the curry which was okay, it was obviously instant house curry from a box that you can also buy at a grocery store, anyways went home and that night i woke up and guess what? FOOD POISONING....thats right the curry came out looking just the same as it went in. I guess it was my fault for eating in a dirty gas station, i just wish the reviews on here didnt make it seem so good, so i blame you tripadvisor.

• Visited July 2012
zenhouseinc, General Manager at Zen House, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
The Minnesota State Health Department REQUIRES that most fish MUST BE FROZEN FOR PARASITIC DESTRUCTION! In fact almost all fish that is transported anywhere is frozen at one point in time- whether on the boat or in shipping. This allows the fish to be free and any dangerous parasites that live within the fish. There seems to be a misconception about "fresh" fish. Any business- that is not coastal, is lying if they tell you they're fish is not frozen and that they shipping everyday because that is not cost effective.
As far as food poising we never heard anything from the health department. Any and all food poisoning "issues" should be recorded. If it just a single person, most likely is it false or an isolated incidence- remember signs of food poising happen 24-72 HOURS later.

Been to Zen House? Share your experiences!