“Best lunch anywhere!”

Good for: Child-friendly
MN
“Best lunch anywhere!”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Sadly, I'm not usually free for weekday lunches...otherwise I might just 'move in' at the Zen House.
Lunch specials are fantastic, beautifully presented, and dirt-cheap. My favorite of numerous choices: Salad, soba soup (with tofu, chicken or shrimp), gyoza pork dumplings, and vegetable tempura. Any ONE of these would be a $6 appetizer anywhere else; at the Zen House for lunch the entire meal is about seven dollars!
The food at this place is phenomenol, and dinners are also quite reasonable (compared to the other Japanese locations in town). The only thing lacking is the atmosphere; Zen House is located in a section of a gas station. While the location may not transport you beyond Hermantown, the food will take you to Japan, for sure. Excellent.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank finnbee

“Now a fan of sushi!”
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

I went here with my friend and she forced my to try sushi!! It was fabulous!!! Don't let the gas station fool you!!

1 Thank Hockeyjunkie3
Saginaw, Minnesota, United States
“Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Great food and patient service explaining the menu to a sushi novice like myself. Hooked after the first bite.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Michael M
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
“LOVE♥♥♥”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I haven't been a big fan of sushi until I went here. I absolutely love the people who work here. Service is great. Food is excellent. I go there at least once a month(Duluth downtown location). I am totally in love.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Summer C
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
“awesome”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Zen House is always great. I have never had the chance to eat in. But if I had a bad experience I wouldnt want to go back. But i always have a hankering for that place, its great. If I had the money I would go every day.

• Visited June 2012