“Good for transportation buffs”

Greyhound Bus Museum
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Hibbing
More attraction details
Owner description: Center devoted to the origin and history of the Greyhound Bus Company.
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We went to this museum with a nine person group from 7 to 48. The guys liked the restored busses along with the kids ( they can get inside them ). Ladies did not enjoy very much of this one. Prices are fair, it's interesting, especially for anyone who enjoys transportation history or local history. Not bad but not great.

There are newer reviews for Greyhound Bus Museum

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was not too sure what I would find at a Bus Museum, but this turned out to be an interesting stop. There are several fully restored buses that you can get in to see how things have changed over the years. Lots of signs and displays illustrate the history of the Greyhound Bus Company. The biggest drawback to the whole museum is the fact that many of the signs were not proof read before they were put up, and now someone has gone in with a red marker and corrected them--just makes the place look tacky.

1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I've been to the museum twice...all the way from Mississippi...and plan to go again this summer! My grandchildren loved it and still talk about their visits there. I am so very proud to say my dad was a Greyhound Bus driver for 34 years and whenever I rode with him or was at the station, everybody knew that was my dad...I was so proud of him. Back then, the drivers were all real gentlemen. They made sure to help everyone on and off, whatever they needed help with, and stood at their doors in full Greyhound uniform. Greyhound has always been a huge part of my life and always will be. On our first trip to the museum, I placed two bricks there in memory of him and my granddaughter and plan to place another. If you do visit there, take a good look at all you see. Everything there represents a group of very dedicated people who were committed to their job and to the passengers on their bus! It brings back so many wonderful memories of my childhood...definitely a place worth visiting. It's a part of history that needs to be shared with everyone.

2  Thank ladygreyhound33
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I think one of the neatest places to visit while in Hibbing is the Greyhound Bus Museum. It may not seem like the hottest place to visit, that is a bus museum, but it is really neat. Step back in time, look at all the cool things from yester years. Sit on the great old buses. Any age will really enjoy this place. Great for a rainy day or in between things. I have visited here a few times and think it is just great.

1  Thank Nathan B
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I wasn't too sure how much I wanted to learn about Greyhound Bus Co., but there was a good movie overview, displays of history and even a dozen buses from all eras to tour. My 9-year-old son loved sitting in all the drivers' seats. It ended up being more interesting than I thought.