Hibbing Park Hotel
US$64
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewsiron and ironing boardan older hotelpower stripdesk clerkfridge and microwavedryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We reserved a room at this hotel. I asked the girl on the phone for recommendations on a room size. We have 2 adults a toddler and an infant. She recommended a single queen size room and told us we could have 2 pack and plays for the room as well. When we arrived, we found a very small room, and could barely move around the room with 2 cribs and the large armchairs. The rooms and hotel were very muggy and warm. We tried to adjust the air conditioning, but were told by the front desk that they don't have it on. It was warm outside. We opened the window, but the noise from the parking lot just outside of our window kept up our toddler. To top it off, in the middle of the night the fan stopped working.

We were placed near the hall, and that made it tough to sleep until the wedding party ended at midnight.

The restaurant was good.Although, they struggled a bit with our group of 9. We ate there twice. The first meal, they brought out all of the food at once, except for 1 person. She had to wait another 5 minutes while everyone else ate. The next day they brought half, then 5 minutes later the other half. However, no complaints about the food or friendliness of staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Rented a King room for a Saturday night. Room was extremely small, and all of the decore and amenities looked like it hadn't been replaced in decades. The rooms have curtains all along one wall of the room, but the actual windows are only about 3 1/2 feet across... the rest of the large curtain only covers a wall with gross wallpaper.

The bathroom was by far the worst part. Tiny shower/tub with old hot/cold handles that made it hard to get the water temperature right, plenty of rust and chipped paint, and the most disgusting shower curtain I've ever seen.. The tub also leaked so that we had a huge puddle of water on the floor. Showers have weird public restroom hand soap dispensers that are mounted in a terrible place so that you keep bumping your arms on it. The hotel provides no shampoo, conditioner, or lotion. All you get are two tiny bars of soap that smell terrible. When I got out of the shower and grabbed a towel to dry off, I was totally grossed out to find that the towel had left a long, brunette hair (I'm a blonde) on my skin. My boyfriend had a similar hair left on him when he used a different towel. For the rest of our time there we just kept finding other people's hairs all over the place.

The restaurant connected to it is way overpriced and even though their bar is open late, they serve absolutely no food after 10:30p.m., which was disappointing when we came back at 11 after a long night of dancing at a wedding.

Also, we could clearly hear the people in the rooms next to us, below us, and anyone walking through the hallway, which was annoying since our room was directly at the top of a busy stairwell.

The only two positive things I can say were that the tvs are new (although fairly small) and the sheets were soft. I would never, ever stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sally P
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We've stayed here a few times and haven't been disappointed yet. They have a pool, an attached restaurant, a grocery store near and are near some of the attractions of town so you don't really need to go very far to do whatever it is you're in town to do. We were happy with our stay(s), we bet you will be too!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank breb
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

This pet friendly hotel offered a decent but somewhat small room with a good restaurant on the premises. The room was clean and did not smell like smoke.
The A/C did not keep the room very cool and shut off despite being programmed to stay on. There was not a great area to exercise my dog so we had to go off
premises for that. There was a wedding party/reception in an area close to my room which was loud and the management did nothing about it when I complained. Overall, this is a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank idabob5426
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Room we were given was next to a busy road and above their restaurant. When we asked if a refrigerator and microwave was available we were informed it would cost an additional 5 dollars (annoying). After 2 hours of waiting we had to call and ask again for the appliances. The man who delivered it was very unfriendly and the refrigerator was pretty beat up.There are breakfast dishes sitting outside of my room and have been there for all of the day and I don't see them getting removed anytime soon (it's now 8:00 at night). The tv is a total joke, it's about 17 inches and looks like it may be from the early nineties. It gives off a high pitched squeal and is missing most of it's buttons. I will say the room is clean and.....that's about it. The beds are really hard and the place in general needs a severe upgrade. No breakfast and sloooooow internet. Broken hot tub which seems to be the norm in the other reviews.....The restaurant is disappointing as well. 22 dollars for 5 shrimp? Really? We stopped by for happy hour and there were a stack full of dirty dishes at the bar constantly and one of the waitresses yelled profanity at the other waitresses. This would be okay I guess if it was strictly a bar, but there were CHILDREN present. Tactless and tasteless. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business