“Don't be afraid to give it a try”
Review of Hibbing Park Hotel

Hibbing Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hibbing
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was in Hibbing visiting family, and knew there were not many options for hotels. My relatives booked us at the Hibbing Park Hotel, and after reviewing photos and online reviews, I was concerned. However, the room was clean, the staff was friendly and the bed was comfortable. Those are 3 important criteria. The on site restaurant is average, but convenient. It is not a Marriott, but it is fairly priced and convenient if you are visiting Hibbing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hibbing Park Hotel

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stay at this hotel for work occasionally. I have been to this hotel a couple of times now, and it definitely does not impress me at all. Now, to be fair, for this city, it might actually be the best there is to offer, but it still is lacking so many things.

The rooms are all very very dated as you should be able to tell by the decor. The bed still has a bedspread that just doesn't give it a great look of being clean. They do seem to clean the rooms okay, it's just the decorations they have make it look not as nice and clean. Some rooms do have updated flatscreen TVs which is nice, others still have a tube TV...no real big deal here I guess.

The towels in the bathroom are very cheap, something you may find at Kmart on sale. In addition, the soap they give you to "clean" yourself is absolutely a joke. I included a picture to show how small the piece is they give you, it's barely enough to take a shower for one person. They also use a shampoo pump that is found in the tub.

Both times I have been there, the room really smells, almost like it is mildew like, or not aired out.

I will say, the staff at the hotel is very nice and accommodating whenever necessary.

Lastly, just note that in the Summer...the heat does not actually turn on. So if you need to warm up the room on a cool day in the summer, you will not be able to do so. They did offer a space heater if I wanted, that was nice at least.

All in all, if I was staying here on my own dime, I'd probably go to the next town, or even scout out some other hotels first. If I had to though, It would settle for one short night.

Room Tip: Get one with a flatscreen TV if you'd like.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We felt lucky to find a room in Hibbing for a night. Very reasonably priced hotel and clean though with few amenities. There was a restaurant attached, therefore, breakfast was not included in the cost of the room. No elevator so a bit difficult to get to our room. The front desk employees were friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if stairs are difficult or you have a lot of luggage to transport.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We reserved a room at this hotel. I asked the girl on the phone for recommendations on a room size. We have 2 adults a toddler and an infant. She recommended a single queen size room and told us we could have 2 pack and plays for the room as well. When we arrived, we found a very small room, and could barely move around the room with 2 cribs and the large armchairs. The rooms and hotel were very muggy and warm. We tried to adjust the air conditioning, but were told by the front desk that they don't have it on. It was warm outside. We opened the window, but the noise from the parking lot just outside of our window kept up our toddler. To top it off, in the middle of the night the fan stopped working.

We were placed near the hall, and that made it tough to sleep until the wedding party ended at midnight.

The restaurant was good.Although, they struggled a bit with our group of 9. We ate there twice. The first meal, they brought out all of the food at once, except for 1 person. She had to wait another 5 minutes while everyone else ate. The next day they brought half, then 5 minutes later the other half. However, no complaints about the food or friendliness of staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Rented a King room for a Saturday night. Room was extremely small, and all of the decore and amenities looked like it hadn't been replaced in decades. The rooms have curtains all along one wall of the room, but the actual windows are only about 3 1/2 feet across... the rest of the large curtain only covers a wall with gross wallpaper.

The bathroom was by far the worst part. Tiny shower/tub with old hot/cold handles that made it hard to get the water temperature right, plenty of rust and chipped paint, and the most disgusting shower curtain I've ever seen.. The tub also leaked so that we had a huge puddle of water on the floor. Showers have weird public restroom hand soap dispensers that are mounted in a terrible place so that you keep bumping your arms on it. The hotel provides no shampoo, conditioner, or lotion. All you get are two tiny bars of soap that smell terrible. When I got out of the shower and grabbed a towel to dry off, I was totally grossed out to find that the towel had left a long, brunette hair (I'm a blonde) on my skin. My boyfriend had a similar hair left on him when he used a different towel. For the rest of our time there we just kept finding other people's hairs all over the place.

The restaurant connected to it is way overpriced and even though their bar is open late, they serve absolutely no food after 10:30p.m., which was disappointing when we came back at 11 after a long night of dancing at a wedding.

Also, we could clearly hear the people in the rooms next to us, below us, and anyone walking through the hallway, which was annoying since our room was directly at the top of a busy stairwell.

The only two positive things I can say were that the tvs are new (although fairly small) and the sheets were soft. I would never, ever stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sally P
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We've stayed here a few times and haven't been disappointed yet. They have a pool, an attached restaurant, a grocery store near and are near some of the attractions of town so you don't really need to go very far to do whatever it is you're in town to do. We were happy with our stay(s), we bet you will be too!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank breb
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

This pet friendly hotel offered a decent but somewhat small room with a good restaurant on the premises. The room was clean and did not smell like smoke.
The A/C did not keep the room very cool and shut off despite being programmed to stay on. There was not a great area to exercise my dog so we had to go off
premises for that. There was a wedding party/reception in an area close to my room which was loud and the management did nothing about it when I complained. Overall, this is a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank idabob5426
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hibbing
Hampton Inn Hibbing
Americas Best Value Inn Hibbing
Lakeshore Motor Inn
Lakeshore Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in Virginia

Been to Hibbing Park Hotel? Share your experiences!