“this is a pet friendly accomodation”
Review of Hibbing Park Hotel

Hibbing Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hibbing
Reviewed 8 October 2009

that was clean and friendly and quiet
with specialized places for dog walks and clean up
the staff were friendly and helpful
the room well appointed
we will stay there again

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank petra58

Reviewed 21 June 2009

My mother and I stayed there to go to a funeral and we were sorely disappointed. First we requested a handicapped room and did not get it. There was no fan in the bathroom;the pillows smelled like sweat;the blanket smelled moldy. The shower just dribbled water out slightly and it was cold. We decided that we would go to Chisolm next time we go to Hibbing to visit family. My sister paid for the room and she felt really bad that she had to put us there. NEVER AGAIN. Also the woman that checked us in was dirty,her hair was not combed and she had very dirty fingernails. Also she was missing major teeth in her mouth. Nice reception. I would DEFINITELY recommend the restaurant. That was very good and the atmosphere was wonderful. The waitresses were nicely dressed and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2009
3  Thank queenb56
Reviewed 31 January 2009

We have stayed at the Hibbing Park Hotel off and on for better than twenty five years. It was very nice in it's day. Sadly, the owners have done very little to upgrade the hotel. There are only two hotels to choose from in town. My main concerns are smelly rooms. And the temperature in the rooms is hard to regulate. It's always too hot or too cold. Staff says they don't even make parts for the heating system. I must have a clean room, so I'm quick to let them know if it's not. On the positive side they have a pool. {Hot tub was closed again this time.} Grandma's in the Park has good food with the average plate being about 18.00. Lots of parking space. Beware of banquets or weddings as they are loud. Second floor is best in that case. Booking online is your best bet for prices. We stay here because it's close to our family's.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 December 2008

I stayed here for a week in freezing February. The hotel was pretty nice except that the amenities in my room were a little sketchy (the wireless was really unpredictable and the phone didn't work). The hotel restaurant was pretty good and the pool was nice. Also I really appreciated the workout room (but be advised this is not a gym).
If you have to stop in Hibbing this is a good choice.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 October 2008

I know there are not a lot of options in Hibbing, which is why this hotel still survives. From the rude desk staff, to no elevators, musty, dated hot rooms. This place is truly a disgrace. My client booked a meeting room here which is the only reason I stayed here, but next year will choose anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank rioja44
Reviewed 6 June 2008

Just got back from staying at this hotel. Booked a king room and shortly after we got into the room we had to move due to plumbing problems and all they had was a room with two double beds on the second floor. No elevator in this hotel. One of the beds had what looked like wine or maybe blood stains on the sheet. The carpets need cleaning but over all the hotel appears clean. Housekeeping said they were very sorry for the sheets and the front desk was very sorry for having to move us. The plumbing probem is understandable but the sheets are not. I will stay at the Chisholm Inn the next time.

Grandmas is a great place to eat or go for a drink.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Truckerbob
Reviewed 15 May 2008

We stayed for two nights and arrived later in the evening. The room we were given left a lot to be desired. The bathroom was disgusting - the floor was horrible and I wet some tissues and pushed them around on the floor with my shoe. The tissues ended up dark brown. We had to put down a big bath towel so we didn't have to walk on the bathroom floor. There were bits of fuzz, nail clippings and dust on the carpeted area between the beds and the nightstand. Housekeeping wasn't doing their job in this room.
I went to the front desk the next morning and stood for 12 minutes and no one was there. I think she was the woman outside, smoking a cigarette and not paying attention to guests. One person was at the desk before me and said they had been waiting for assistance also.
We were out for the entire day and didn't return until late and just before midnight heard a couple loudly arguing. I called the front desk and nothing happened. I had to put my coat on over my pajamas and go to the front desk and tell them they better call the cops or somehow get that couple apart before something serious happened. We could hear the "f" word several times during their argument. So the next morning when I checked out I told the front desk about the bathroom floor and the poor cleaning of the carpet and the loud people in the room next door. She just made a sound like "hmmm" and didn't say anything else. VERY odd. I was expecting at least a "I'm so sorry about that!"
Go to the Chisholm Suites and Inn for a nicer place.... that's where we'll go in the future.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hibbing
Hampton Inn Hibbing
Hampton Inn Hibbing
#1 of 4 in Hibbing
4 mi away
Chisholm Inn & Suites
Chisholm Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Chisholm
Americas Best Value Inn Hibbing

Been to Hibbing Park Hotel? Share your experiences!