“"Curling" up in Hibbing”

Mitchell-Tappan House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hibbing
Mitchell-Tappan House
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hibbing
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I spent a wonderful winter weekend up in Hibbing, MN due largely to the wonderful experience at the Mitchell-Tappan House. It's peaceful, cute, and the breakfasts were great.

It's within walking distance to the Hibbing Elks Lodge, where you will find some of the best food in town and a beautiful building and bar with charming bartendresses.

The B & B is also within walking distance of the Curling Club, where I was able to participate in some curling with fellow Elks from around the state. Good times, and very educational.

Oh, when I say "within walking distance", it helps if it's above -20 degrees F.

I highly recommend the Mitchell-Tappan House if you're staying in Hibbing.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, I like the Oliver. I've been told the Garden room is good, and I liked...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank David Z

Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I travel to Hibbing every year to visit my husband's relatives. I've attempted in the past unsuccessfully 3 times to make a reservation here (always full, of course) and was finally successful on the 4th try. What a comfortable, homey delight in every way! I just happen to love antique glassware and blue and white rooms. We stayed in the Oliver room--a blue and white heaven with our own charming bath--just like the perfect "Grandma's house" I'd always dreamed about. Breakfast was beautiful and yummy with very pleasant company and conversation. Pam is, well, simply lovely and so eager to please. We needed to leave very early on our last morning, so Pam thoughtfully put a perfect breakfast treat in our little fridge the night before so that we didn't leave for our 10 hour trip home hungry. What more could we ask for?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hillary C
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We recently stay two nights at the Mitchel-Tappan House in Hibbing. It was hot and humid out side. The second floor room was very comfortable. A quiet, small AC unit kept the room cool. While the wifi was out during our stay I saw the repairman returning as we drove out of sight with what had been missing to make it function.

Breakfast was a nice mix of fruit and something else, each day, to carry you through to a late lunch. And very tasty.

The location could not be nicer. "Downtown" was two blocks away, the court house and library even closer. Hibbing High was short stroll as was Dylan's childhood home.

Room Tip: All rooms looked good to me.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wmcca
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Because I stay in hotels approximately 140 night a year, I have become very set in my ways and very choosy where I lay my head down each night. There were not any of the hotels of the national chain I usually stay at, so I searched for hotels in Hibbing. This Bed and Breakfast came up and I called immediately and spoke with Pam, the owner. She was as pleasant as anyone I have ever spoken with and it truly is the area (Iron Range) where the slogan, "Minnesota Nice" stems from. I have no doubt. I stayed in the carriage house in the back yard and it was beyond words. Pristine, elegant, simple, cozy, quaint, and VERY quiet. I did not want to leave. I have already told a friend and he will be staying there later this month. I would love to bring my wife back for a lovely weekend stay.

Room Tip: I can only speak for the carriage house in the back. It is separate from the main house and you hav...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jbwaaadeal
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Make your reservation early they fill up. Very charming and numerous rooms to choose from. Breakfast was made to order. So much nicer than the local hotel. Quiet neighborhood. Plenty of parking. No smells every room has been renovated with tasteful decoration.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MomLaxRef
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We were in town for a wedding and found this B&B here online. It turned out to be a great choice! We would strongly recommend it to anyone. They have done a super job with updates and the home is very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice and the other guest provided interesting conversation. Pam is a winderful hostess! She was completely honest during my booking calls and the entire process. We would definitely stay here again as the value simply can't be beat.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Zfamily_traveling
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed on the upper floor. Bed fairly comfortable, bath leaves a lot lacking, one sink for dishes and hygiene. Way way too many stuffed animals to the point of being obnoxious, they are everywhere.
Hostess was nice and attentive.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor not the 3rd.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank P F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hibbing
2 mi away
Lakeshore Motor Inn
Lakeshore Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in Virginia
Americas Best Value Inn Hibbing

Been to Mitchell-Tappan House? Share your experiences!