All reviews greyhound bus within walking distance own bathroom garden suite howard street iron minnesota trail
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I travel to Hibbing every year to visit my husband's relatives. I've attempted in the past unsuccessfully 3 times to make a reservation here (always full, of course) and was finally successful on the 4th try. What a comfortable, homey delight in every way! I just happen to love antique glassware and blue and white rooms. We stayed in the Oliver room--a blue and white heaven with our own charming bath--just like the perfect "Grandma's house" I'd always dreamed about. Breakfast was beautiful and yummy with very pleasant company and conversation. Pam is, well, simply lovely and so eager to please. We needed to leave very early on our last morning, so Pam thoughtfully put a perfect breakfast treat in our little fridge the night before so that we didn't leave for our 10 hour trip home hungry. What more could we ask for?

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Hillary C
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We recently stay two nights at the Mitchel-Tappan House in Hibbing. It was hot and humid out side. The second floor room was very comfortable. A quiet, small AC unit kept the room cool. While the wifi was out during our stay I saw the repairman returning as we drove out of sight with what had been missing to make it function.

Breakfast was a nice mix of fruit and something else, each day, to carry you through to a late lunch. And very tasty.

The location could not be nicer. "Downtown" was two blocks away, the court house and library even closer. Hibbing High was short stroll as was Dylan's childhood home.

Room tip: All rooms looked good to me.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank wmcca
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Because I stay in hotels approximately 140 night a year, I have become very set in my ways and very choosy where I lay my head down each night. There were not any of the hotels of the national chain I usually stay at, so I searched for hotels in Hibbing. This Bed and Breakfast came up and I called immediately and spoke with Pam, the owner. She was as pleasant as anyone I have ever spoken with and it truly is the area (Iron Range) where the slogan, "Minnesota Nice" stems from. I have no doubt. I stayed in the carriage house in the back yard and it was beyond words. Pristine, elegant, simple, cozy, quaint, and VERY quiet. I did not want to leave. I have already told a friend and he will be staying there later this month. I would love to bring my wife back for a lovely weekend stay.

Room tip: I can only speak for the carriage house in the back. It is separate from the main house and you have you own bathroom with a fantastic shower.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank jbwaaadeal
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Make your reservation early they fill up. Very charming and numerous rooms to choose from. Breakfast was made to order. So much nicer than the local hotel. Quiet neighborhood. Plenty of parking. No smells every room has been renovated with tasteful decoration.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank MomLaxRef
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We were in town for a wedding and found this B&B here online. It turned out to be a great choice! We would strongly recommend it to anyone. They have done a super job with updates and the home is very comfortable. Breakfast was very nice and the other guest provided interesting conversation. Pam is a winderful hostess! She was completely honest during my booking calls and the entire process. We would definitely stay here again as the value simply can't be beat.

Date of stay: May 2013