“Great B & B”

Mitchell-Tappan House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hibbing
Mitchell-Tappan House
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hibbing
Columbus, Ohio
“Great B & B”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Mitchell-Tappan Bed and Breakfast for three separate nights over a one week period. We bicycled the Mesabi Trail round trip so stayed there going down, coming back and another day when we were in the area. Each time Pam made us feel so welcome and told us about the history of the area, gave us a dvd to watch about the high school, which was very interesting. With each visit we had a different room (the Loft, the Northwoods?, and the Mitchell rooms) and enjoyed every room. There are several common areas to sit, such as the sun room, living room and the front porch. Breakfast was delicious! Also had dinner each time at Old Howard and enjoyed our dinners as well. Thanks, Pam!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We loved the history of this old house and the way Pam and Mike have decorated and modernized it without changing the historic feel. We had a very spacious room with a private bath. Pam helped us find places to see and eat in the area. Hibbing is a beautiful city with lots of history and charm. The breakfast was one of the best we had on our month long trip. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol B
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I spent a wonderful winter weekend up in Hibbing, MN due largely to the wonderful experience at the Mitchell-Tappan House. It's peaceful, cute, and the breakfasts were great.

It's within walking distance to the Hibbing Elks Lodge, where you will find some of the best food in town and a beautiful building and bar with charming bartendresses.

The B & B is also within walking distance of the Curling Club, where I was able to participate in some curling with fellow Elks from around the state. Good times, and very educational.

Oh, when I say "within walking distance", it helps if it's above -20 degrees F.

I highly recommend the Mitchell-Tappan House if you're staying in Hibbing.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, I like the Oliver. I've been told the Garden room is good, and I liked...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank David Z
Waterford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I travel to Hibbing every year to visit my husband's relatives. I've attempted in the past unsuccessfully 3 times to make a reservation here (always full, of course) and was finally successful on the 4th try. What a comfortable, homey delight in every way! I just happen to love antique glassware and blue and white rooms. We stayed in the Oliver room--a blue and white heaven with our own charming bath--just like the perfect "Grandma's house" I'd always dreamed about. Breakfast was beautiful and yummy with very pleasant company and conversation. Pam is, well, simply lovely and so eager to please. We needed to leave very early on our last morning, so Pam thoughtfully put a perfect breakfast treat in our little fridge the night before so that we didn't leave for our 10 hour trip home hungry. What more could we ask for?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hillary C
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We recently stay two nights at the Mitchel-Tappan House in Hibbing. It was hot and humid out side. The second floor room was very comfortable. A quiet, small AC unit kept the room cool. While the wifi was out during our stay I saw the repairman returning as we drove out of sight with what had been missing to make it function.

Breakfast was a nice mix of fruit and something else, each day, to carry you through to a late lunch. And very tasty.

The location could not be nicer. "Downtown" was two blocks away, the court house and library even closer. Hibbing High was short stroll as was Dylan's childhood home.

Room Tip: All rooms looked good to me.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wmcca
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Because I stay in hotels approximately 140 night a year, I have become very set in my ways and very choosy where I lay my head down each night. There were not any of the hotels of the national chain I usually stay at, so I searched for hotels in Hibbing. This Bed and Breakfast came up and I called immediately and spoke with Pam, the owner. She was as pleasant as anyone I have ever spoken with and it truly is the area (Iron Range) where the slogan, "Minnesota Nice" stems from. I have no doubt. I stayed in the carriage house in the back yard and it was beyond words. Pristine, elegant, simple, cozy, quaint, and VERY quiet. I did not want to leave. I have already told a friend and he will be staying there later this month. I would love to bring my wife back for a lovely weekend stay.

Room Tip: I can only speak for the carriage house in the back. It is separate from the main house and you hav...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jbwaaadeal
Menlo Park, California, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Make your reservation early they fill up. Very charming and numerous rooms to choose from. Breakfast was made to order. So much nicer than the local hotel. Quiet neighborhood. Plenty of parking. No smells every room has been renovated with tasteful decoration.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MomLaxRef
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hibbing
Hampton Inn Hibbing
#1 of 4 in Virginia
Super 8 Eveleth
Super 8 Eveleth
#1 of 2 in Eveleth

Been to Mitchell-Tappan House? Share your experiences!