“Grand Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hinckley
Ely, Minnesota
“Grand Hotel”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

If your a player and you get a choice, stay in the new east section. Room 973 was really nice with three sets of windows and a good view. The king bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and quite.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Elymusicman2015

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2014

1) The day of our arival 04/25/2014 the Valet service was AWFUL ! the first time since the times i have been going there (several years ) they are worhing on the issue.
2)I was apporached by a "Hooker" in the parking lot an about 7:00 p.m. the sad part is i had my 17 year old daughter with me.security was on it in a second,i misplaced a $70.00 dollar ticket Security found it in less than 2 munutes.
3)The Buffet was Excellent ! Everything was Great ! Again, Valet this time was a -0 ! Also, please get the boy to clean up and shave.

Room Tip: All rooms are Great ! valet was poor all because of one person !!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
New Auburn, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you enjoy gambling and staying over night at casinos, this casino has a great atmosphere. There's a large variety of slot machines, gaming and good entertainment. The hotel rooms are very accommodating, spacious and clean. The restaurants have good food at reasonable prices. There is a pool, spa, gift shop, arcade, child care facility and fitness room. We have not had a bad experience the few times we came here and plan to stay again. This casino has class at an affordable price, and I'd recommend it anytime.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank luckygirl8722
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Anyone planning a visit during April, 2014 - A large portion of the gaming floor has been completely blocked off along with the smaller bar area. Many of the popular poker machines are being removed within this process. Not a pleasant sight for the regular visitor.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wanderer43323
Pierz, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We got kicked out of casino and still got charged for our room! The pit boss was a number 1 jerk who I hope got fired for the way he treated us! I will never go to this casino again and telling everyone about our experience. It was awful. Go stay somewhere else!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Sharon M
Isanti, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The room was comfortable and the mattress was awesome.Coffee in the am was wonderful. The staff very helpfull. I had a latte there.Awesome. Overall I would go back wonderful. The only thing. Is The city there really need to spend money on there roads tons of deep pot holes.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Waverly, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is my favorite casino to go to in MN! I am not a huge gambler, but it is fun to go once in awhile. I typically go with my husband or my family for a fun little get away once a year to a casino. I have always had good luck at this casino too! I never seem to win at any of the other ones, but Hinckley, I always leave there with money in my pocket. Awesome! It is not that bad of a drive to get there either. Just far enough that you actually feel you are away from home. My husband and Iactually had our first "date" (if you could call it), at Hinckley. We had an absolute blast! I have always had nice rooms at the hotel. Clean and nice. Never had a problem with the staff. I have also stayed in the little trailer houses that they have out by the RV park area. Those are so cute! they have a bedroom, living room, kitchen, bath, small deck with a grill to cook outside, small driveway. Just like a little house. And the best part was when you are hanging out and you decide you are ready to go up to the casino, you just turn a switch on by the door, and it turns a light on at the end of the driveway, so when the shuttle bus goes around every hour, they will see that and stop and pick you up! So cool and convenient! Always great food at the restaurant or the buffet. The bar area usually has some good music entertainment on weekend nights too. But it gets very packed, and if you don't get a table in the bar area, you have to stand right next to it if you want to drink beer or cocktails. I wasn't a fan of that. And if you step too far away from the bar, you get yelled at. That is the only complaint that i would have. So if you want to hang out in the bar for the evening and enjoy the entertainment, get there early and get a table. I know they have alot of big entertainment there in the big room but I have never been to any concerts or anything there. I wouldn't think you would be let down with this place! If you are, then maybe you are expecting too much. :-) Enjoy and good luck!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank STEPHANIE S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinckley
Grand Hinckley Inn
#1 of 1 in Finlayson
Grantsburg Inn
Grantsburg Inn
#1 of 2 in Grantsburg

Been to Grand Casino Hinckley? Share your experiences!