Grand Casino Hinckley
US$97
US$81
US$99
US$95
Best Western Northwoods Lodge(Siren)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$101
US$127
US$124
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgrand casinothe main hotelgrand grillrv parkprime ribslot machinesgaming floornice roomtwin citiesgreat casinohot tubblackjackminnesotaamericanamnmicrowavearcade
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was traveling in Minnesota this week and driving from Grand Rapids back to the twin cities. wanting to find a place in-between to stay for the night, I saw this property listed in my casino directory. I called to check the rates and was very surprised to find that I could stay for half less than half of what I normally pay for a night anywhere. When I arrived, I was surprised by the size and overall condition. Curb Appeal is a great first impression for this property. Once inside, I was quickly checked in and off to my room, they even asked my room preference, high floor, low floor, close to the elevator etc. After a shower and heading to the casino I was pleased with the very chipper and happy gal that set me up with a players card and explained where the restaurants were and answered my questions.
The casino is not huge by Vegas standards, but it is laid out nicely and it never felt cramped at all. There is a great selection of the newer games that I have been seeing over the last 6 months, and I was not disappointed when I looked for a favorite game. I played for an hour or so and then decided that I would have the buffet for dinner. This buffet is less than half the size of many that I have been to, but, that really is not an issue as everything that was out was fresh and flavorful and well tended by the staff working the area. I was well pleased with everything that I sampled that evening, and did not feel slighted because something seemed to be missing. There was plenty of delicious food for under $20 with tip.
If you are in this area, and want a clean comfortable room, great food and the opportunity to play your favorite games at a bargain price. You cannot go wrong with this property!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Bradley B
Reviewed 22 June 2014

If you have a problem with the smell of smoke, why do you go to a casino and then complain?? Non-smokers can go anywhere they want and not deal with smoke. The ONLY place left in MN that you can smoke indoors is in casinos. Casinos are all about fun and indulgence. They are meant for adults, not children. You go to a place where the main theme is all about drinking and gambling and think you won't have smoking as well? Really???? Deal with it people. If you don't like it go to any bar, diner, mall or any of the other hundreds of places that don't allow smoking.BTW... we Love this place!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Becky F
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in the Chalet and where happy to find a new bed in the chalet. The pillows were a little flat, and not to comfortable. The Chalet was very clean and we did not smell the smoke like we sometimes have.

We love the walk between the Chalet and the Casino, it helps air you off and stretch a little before call it a day or night. We had a nice fathers day afternoon and a nice ride home. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Chalet offer kitchen and a barbeque, a little more quite and a better parking spot for those cars that do not like to park by others.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bsnsmn
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have stayed here before and liked it. We came this time because if it is your birthday month
you get a 21.95 hotel room rate. how can you go wrong. We stayed on the 11th floor and
had a beautiful view. We ate at the buffet. It had an excellent salad bar and a great selection of
main courses. We would certainly go back

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louise B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed at Grand Casino Hinckley Casino Hotel. Check in was smooth and quick. Rooms are clean and roomy. Amenities are good. I will be back.
The view from the room is also quit nice. Nice area to go for a walk and enjoy the wildlife. Beautiful pair of swans to watch along with ducks and geese.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family