“Simply the best B&B i have had the pleasure of staying at!!”
Review of Maypole Farm B&B

Maypole Farm B&B
Maypole Farm B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Cawood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is a lovely B&B set in a beautiful and quiet part of the Country. The B&B is stunning and has beautiful surroundings. The rooms are very well presented and are very clean. The beds are very comfortable and guarantee a good nights kip. Nothing is missing from the breakfast menu either. The owners are very warm and welcoming and go out of there way to make you feel at home. I can not fault the location, rooms nor anything else for that matter. Thank you, for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank MattSutton2013
MaypoleFarmBB, Manager at Maypole Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Maypole Farm B&B and look forward to your next visit. Kind Regards Jeff & Sue

There are newer reviews for Maypole Farm B&B

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Travelling on my own. Wonderful welcome from Sue and Jeff, oh and the little guard dog :-) Home from home. Fabulous breakfast sets you up for the day. Had the Africa room which was cosy and very comfortable. Pub in walking distance which they recommended but I didn't have time to try. Nice situation off the A19 twix Selby & York. Great value for money. Go yourself, you won't be disappointed. Looking forward to my next visit and highly recommending to friends and family.

Room Tip: Only stayed in the Africa room, but all the rooms look lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

This well cared for B&B is a real find. With a beautiful garden, sparkling clean & well appointed room, all the amenities - modern bathroom, and to top it off accommodating proprietor and a fabulous breakfast with gorgeous baked goods and full cooked breakfast - you couldn't ask for more from a B&B!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I booked 2 rooms at Maypole Farm as we needed good accomodation for myself and some family members the night before our wedding in Cawood and I couldn't have been more pleased with the rooms and the hospitality that we received.
The hospitality was excellent from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. The rooms are very comfortable and the delicious breakfast I had really set me up for my big day !
I would encourage anyone visiting the area to use Maypole Farm as their base. Also anyone who lives locally but needs extra room for friends or family should also consider it as a very comfortable option. Thank You.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a few months whilst working away from home, the B&B is ideally situated for easy travel to Leeds/Selby/York , spoiled for choice for places to eat with lots of good pubs nearby, Jeff & Sue could not be more friendly and helpful if they tried, they were constantly adding little touches to make our stay more enjoyable,
Wifi is very fast,
Breakfast in the morning is absolutely fantastic, you will struggle to find better in the Selby area,

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Maypole farm ahead of the York University Open day on 29th Sept 2012. We came across Maypole Farm B&B by accident and very fortunately they had two rooms free due to a late cancelation--what luck!
The location is situated only 20 minutes or so from York in a lovely village and close to Selby. The farm house is ideally suited to visitors with a private entrance,eating area,staircase, and even a garden which is beautifully maintained by Jeff.
The rooms were lovely and well furnished. Sue clearly has an eye for detail from the shampoo and condition to the chocolate left on my pillow.There is in room TV and facilities for DVD with a library of videos should you need that also.
The breakfast was a feast indeed. Four choices of juice,cereal,fruit,yogurt, and an extensive English cooked breakfast including the special Muchata--I will leave that for you to sample! The breakfast was worthy of a top London hotel--beautifully cooked and presented.
We were also presented with some bottled water and scones for our departure--is there anything Sue had not thought of?
I cannot praise this B&B more highly and by far and away the best I have ever stayed with. I would detour to stay here again. Thank you Sue and Jeff for your hospitality and friendliness that was much appreciated and made our stay in York the more enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2012

we found maypole farm on tripadvisor when looking for a place to stay for a weekend while visiting york. it was everything we wanted and more. fantastic breakfast, very clean and comfy room. excellent hosts who made us feel part of the family - we were even invited to join in a family celebration while there. will definitely stay again, the sooner the better
thanks rich and jo

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cawood
Monk Fryston Hall Hotel
#1 of 5 in Riccall
South Newlands Farm
South Newlands Farm
#2 of 5 in Riccall

Been to Maypole Farm B&B? Share your experiences!