Country Inn of Hoyt Lakes
  • Room Service
Koke's Motel(Eveleth)
Pine View Inn(Virginia)
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2014

A warm and cozy feeling upon entrance, comfortable beds and rooms, a quiet, rested stay, and a very welcoming and professional manager - Suzanne - made us feel right at home at this hotel. Very clean and accommodating. Made our visit extra special knowing we had a great place to stay after visiting family. Breakfasts were great and the manager was very attentive to everyon. Great to get out of the City and enjoy the elements of some small town restfulness and attentiveness....I would recommend this hotel for those wanting to even travel to the north shore as you can come 'in shore' to experience this place and take the scenic highway in and out of Hoyt Lakes to the North Shore (Two Harbors to Hoyt Lakes Road) and escape the craziness of busy'ness and City life in....now back to reality. Also, it is a good fishing area with nearby lakes, and walking trails.

Room Tip: Rooms on the one side have scenic views of the woods and you may get lucky and spot wildlife.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We made the trek from Winnipeg for some skiing at Giants Ridge. The roads were horrible, so what should have been a 6 hour drive, was over 8 hours. When we finally arrived, we were greeted with smiles and a cozy, warm, christmassy atmosphere. There was a fire going, and a cookie jar full of yummy ginger snaps waiting for us. We were offered a main floor room when the hostess noticed my husband had an injured knee. Off to such a good start!

When we arrived at our room - we were again so impressed. It was cozy and warm, clean and very comfortable. We've stayed at other hotels where the room was literally freezing when we got there, and we've had to jack the heat up just so that we could take off our jackets. Not here. It's like they pre-warmed it for us. SO NICE!

Breakfast was good, and the general manager even popped in to introduce herself, and to ask if we were enjoying our stay, and whether there was anything she could get us.

The hot tub was great after a day of skiing. Our son loved the pool and the large table hockey as well.

We found a great restaurant in Aurora: Megan's Family Restaurant. Awesome home-cooked meals at an affordable price.

When the weather became too frigid to ski another day, we were not penalized for leaving a day early.

Overall, the staff here are among the friendliest and most helpful we've ever encountered. The hotel offers a cozy and warm home away from home. We'll be back; just have to wait until the deep freeze is over :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We enjoyed another stay at the Country Inn of Hoyt Lakes this past weekend. We always enjoy staying there because of the clean rooms, the courteous service, and, because this time the temperature was -25 F on Saturday morning, we especially loved the coziness of the room. We were in town for a family celebration. We'll definitely stay again!

Room Tip: 218 was great. It faces the woods instead of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Suzanne B, General Manager at Country Inn of Hoyt Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful Review. Yes it does get cold in Hoyt Lakes, but I'm so happy you found the staff and hotel warm!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I travel all over for business. Over the years, I've learned that staying in bigger towns or cities is preferable just because there is more competition and hotels will work hard to earn your business. Sometimes, when there is no competition, staff becomes less interested and the facilities falter.

NOT the case at the County Inn-Hoyt Lakes. The rooms are being updated. The staff takes great pride in the service they deliver and the facilities. There is a moose head in the lobby and it was being cleaned while I was there. Who does that? The Country Inn-Suites of Hoyt Lakes does that.

I was there for a family funeral. The staff treated me as if I was their family (I grew up there). But that wasn't because I was a hometown girl. I am an avid eavesdropper and I heard all of the staff treating every single guest as if they had grown up in the town and they were part of the family. It didn't matter who or why -- you were welcome and respected.

If service isn't your priority, it doesn't matter because the accommodations are excellent and the staff takes great pride in providing a comfortable, clean, and safe environment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gretchen B
Suzanne B, General Manager at Country Inn of Hoyt Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank You so very much for the great review! We are all so happy you felt at home! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is the only place that I now stay when I go up to Giant's Ridge to ski patrol. I have tried other places such as the Aurora Pines (see my review). This is the best hotel with the shortest drive to Giant's Ridge!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business