“Needs improvement”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I stopped in to this Applebee's after some serious garden shopping. We arrived after the lunch crowd during the week and there were very few people in the restaurant.

The hostess was very personable, however the rest of the staff could use some customer service coaching. The waitress took our order and disappeared. It seemed to me that we were a hindrance to her. Another individual brought out the order and curtly asked whose dish belonged to who. Before I could say that my entrée was missing the cole slaw and tartar sauce, she was gone.

My walleye was so tough I had a hard time cutting it with a steak knife. Along with being overcooked, it was so dry and had very little flavor. My husband had a burger and he thought the sauce was awful. We were finally able to flag down the waitress for the cole slaw. Because the service was so poor, we waited to see if she would offer more coffee to me or pop for my husband. Nope - that didn't happen.

I haven't written a negative review before. Maybe I've been lucky that I've been able to write positive reviews for the restaurants visited. I felt I needed to write this one because it was probably one of the worst lunches I've had and the staff lacked accountability, professionalism, and courtesy.

We have two Applebee's in Woodbury and both of them are wonderful in all aspects. With so many nice restaurants in the area, you should be able to find one in lieu of this particular one.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I dined with some friends for lunch. We came at 1:45 and the serve was very nice and let us know about the 2:00 HH prior to us ordering which was very nice. The food was very good. Would go back again!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ok at best. Little things added together made for less then stellar experience. Pretty sure our appetizers were sitting in back for a while, delivered moderately warm. Wine was delivered to the table in little carafe, with a dripping wet wine glass (too busy to dry?!) I asked for more napkins and took care of that myself. My waitress claimed they had no merlot and no pinot -- really? Hard to believe looking at the size of the bar. Entrees were OK.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

we eat here a lot. love the food and service is always prompt. food always great and always a great variety. however they sometimes take things off the menu (when the new menus come out, which is often) that I like.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is our home Applebee's. We enjoy the happy hour pricing Monday - Friday both late afternoon and late evening. Newly remodeled and looking great! Sit in the bar or restaurant and enjoy a great snack, drink or meal with family or friends. This is a great hang out.