“No Elevator”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Jackson
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great hotel, if you stay on the first floor. This hotel has no elevator! All the two room suites are upstairs. It was extremely exhausting getting all my family's bags up the steps, and down the hall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
1  Thank Phil L

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The wifi will work if you don't mind sitting in the hallway
When the problem was reported to the front desk, no action to correct the matter was taken. We stayed 3 nights, the hallway remained to be the only hotspot

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
2  Thank Trudy M
Reviewed 30 December 2013

If life finds you in the remote town of Jackson, MN for whatever reason, I can definitely recommend the AmericInn. I stayed a week in town for work and found the room large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and there's even a tiny bar for a nightcap before calling it a night. Definitely felt safe. The staff was a mixed bag - had mostly happy folks but one lady was very grouchy indeed. She later said she'd had a bad day. Overall - two thumbs up, especially given the other options!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This place is awful in my opinion. Lobby and rooms appear to be clean but if you look closer you can see that the floors in the room are not vacuumed well, dirty telephone keys, limestone stain on the shower head, and more. You can hear people in the next room when they turn on the water. Very loud running water noise. The free internet - it is more like no internet. Had to call the support line several times and still not any good. Asked to move to another room and was told it was going to be like that anywhere in the hotel. Why advertise that you have internet when it really doesn't work. Turned on the heat and the dust from the heater set off the smoke alarm. I would not waste my time or money here. And there is really no place good to go have dinner nearby. Traveling on business I really need my internet and need to check emails. Not possible

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We came into Jackson very late on 7/3/13, were hoping to get to twin cities. A nice very clean place, got an upgrade. a suite, luxurious room. Good breakfast with plenty of protein on the menu. would recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed here for multiple nights. The room was mostly pretty quiet but there was noise from next door at times. I could pretty much here word for word. Room was clean. Breakfast was okay although you might want to wait until later so the warmer has time to heat the eggs and sausage. Mine was normally cool or warm. The evening desk clerk seemed to hate her job. Seemed like it was a hassle to help at the desk every time I saw her. The other clerks were friendly and helpful. Other than someone messing with the fire alarm one night, it was a decent stay.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms draw smoke from other rooms. I don't smoke but only room they had. I think the smo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is my 5th time staying at the Jackson AmericInn in as many years. I travel down to visit a friends gravesite and to spend time with her family. The lobby is clean, has enough room to relax with oversized furniture, a computer with internet access, fresh hot coffee and a small bar tucked in off the lobby, a pool and hot tub. The first thing I do with any Hotel/Motel is to strip the bed and check the entire mattress, bed linens, bathroom, towels, tub...everything. As usual our room was spotless. The King sized bed was comfy as were the 4 pillows. The room had an iron in the wardrobe and coffee maker on the table. We accessed the WiFi with no problems and cranked the A/C. Conveniently located right off I-90, near Embers, SuperAmerica, The Red Barn (gift store), and Fort Belmont (cute place). The front desk staff were friendly and professional. The continental breakfast has changed since we were there last year. They now offer sausage, biscuits and gravy and what I would describe as a bare omelet (eggs)...My partner thought they were okay. We were the first one's up and in the breakfast area. They have cereal, yogurt, toast, english muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, coffee, tea, juice, muffins, donuts, cereal bars, fruit and waffles that you make. The only thing missing was milk. The gentleman at the front desk apologized and said he knew he forgot something (made us laugh) and returned within seconds and stocked the fridge and brought out the newspapers. The only thing I wish each room had was a microwave and fridge. We brought beverages that we had to keep in our travel cooler and stocked it full of ice. We ordered take out down the road and it would have been convenient if we were able to nuke our second helping. Other than those 2 concerns I highly recommend this place. Pricier than the other places but the pool and hot tub are a bonus. I haven't been disappointed yet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Econo Lodge Jackson
Earth Inn
Earth Inn
#3 of 4 in Jackson
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Okoboji

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Jackson? Share your experiences!