“Just Awful!”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: The OK Corral is the premier location in the Jordan/Belle Plaine area to receive a great steak, a cold beer and watch the best in live Minnesota entertainment.
St. Michael
“Just Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Wish we had read these reviews beforehand. The service was poor. The food was awful. The price was high. We arrived around 7 p.m. on a Saturday night which was after the first seating and when the place was only half full.

Hostess/Table cleaner: Walked a foursome to a table, the dawdled coming back to the hostess stand to wait on us. Then she forgot the menus.

Server: Didn't show up for at least ten minutes to take our drink order and at least another ten minutes before I finally saw her go to the bar to put in the order and pick up the drinks. We saw her give wrong bills to two departing parties. Besides our table, she had two other active tables, but seemed to be so overwhelmed that another waiter had to deliver our meals. She never came by to ask if we needed anything else or were satisfied.

Drink: My husband's tap beer was okay, but my margarita was not drinkable (tasted like perfume).

Food: Awful and a poor value. We asked for quesadillas for an appetizer - waitress said they ran out. Wonder how that will fare with tomorrow's Vikings crowd. For $18 my husband supposedly had Canadian walleye. The salad was a dinky amount of lettuce and a piece of anemic tomato (at first I thought it was an apple). No buns/bread. The walleye was rubbery and the loaded baked potato was still hard topped and with liquid cheese and a sprinkle of bacon bits from a can. My $18 fajitas were delivered in stages. The last item to come out was "forgotten" in the kitchen - a plate with a small scoop of raw black beans and not-so-Spanish-rice - both were COLD, not even at room temperature - so much so that the skimpy real cheese on top stood no chance of melting.

From all the other one star reviews, I'd say that this restaurant could care less if you have even a mediocre dining experience.

• Visited October 2013

Saint Paul, MN
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We decided to eat dinner here as we were staying in Belle Plaine for the weekend and there are few options. The atmosphere is great, however, that is the only thing this place has going for it.

It took us 10 minutes of standing at the hostess stand just to get noticed. We were finally seated and handed menus, except for my two-year-old who was not given a child's menu. When the waitress came to get our drink order we asked for a kid's menu. We asked for a kid's menu a second time when the waitress came to take our dinner order.

I asked for a tap beer (as they were on special) and my wife ordered a glass of wine. My beer came in a bottle (2x the price) and my wife's wine came in a water goblet.

Time to order...I got a steak and my wife ordered a sandwich, which they were "all out of," so she had to change her mind. The wait wasn't long, but not all our food came at once. My meat came but I had to wait another 10 minutes for my sides to come.

All our food was cold, my side of mixed vegetables were downright raw. We ate, paid and left, which is more than I can say for the table sitting next to us. They got their food and after about two bites just got up and left. Their half eaten food was still sitting at their empty table when we left.

As we were walking out a couple was telling the hostess they had been waiting for 25 minutes to get seated, to which the hostess replied, "I'll tell you right now, we're very busy so if this was a long wait for you I'd suggest going someplace else because it's going to be even longer when you get in there."

I hope they took her advise.

Visited October 2013
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Wanted chicken wild rice soup they were out wanted chicken dinner they were out.... Ended up with brisket dinner way to salty... Only good thing was service from the server Barb.. Ask for her or do yourself a favor and stay away... Way down hill from previous visits... A manager on the floor and a host would help... I'm a server with 25 years experience very very poor

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Smiley1962
Jordan, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Did I piss the waitress off ?????”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I started out with a drink. Ok, that came within 3 minuutes. Had a menu sitting on the table I joined with friends who had ordered previously. After 20 minutes I flagged the waitress down to order a salad. Got the salad within 10 minutes. Later the waitress asked from afar if I wanted another drink, Said "No, but I would like a water". 20 minutes later flagged the waitress again and asked for a water. 15 minutes later waitress came by and delivered receipts to everyone at my table. I again asked for my water. Never got it. I had put cash with my receipt and laid it on my right side and my empty salad plate was on my left with my empty drink glass in front of me. The waitress came by and said "Can I take that for you?". I said sure and handed her my empty plate. She grabbed my receipt and cash and said "I'll come back for that" meaning the salad plate in my hand. WHAT ?????? I left after another 20 minutes with the empty bowl still on my table, my empty drink glass on the table and beyond thirsty. I actually felt that somehow I had offended the waitress in some way and she was making a statement by leaving my dirty plate on the table and ignoring my multiple requests for water. Someone needs to help this place out so no one ever experiences the worst service I have ever received in my 50+ years.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 114bieber59
“Out of towners ecstatic about this restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We were in town for a friends weeding and decided to stop at OK Corral after the rehearsal dinner. It was about nine o'clock so we didn't know what to expect for menu. However, our server told us that they would set up some tables for pure party an take good care of us. We ende up having twenty five people, so we were impressed with how quickly they had us set up.

Our table ended up with two servers, Jen and Rachel, and they were great! They worked great as a team, and we never had to ask for anything we needs because they always knew to check. The food was awesome an it came out quickly, especially with how many people we had. We really loved that they cleaned our table as we finished, leaving us with space to visit.

They had a band that night so we decided to stay since we had already had such a good dinner. The bartender Bryan made sure we were well taken care of and Jen and Rachel kept checking on us also.

We aske about how to get a ride back to our hotel and Rachel got a card for us for a Towncar and she even made the phone call to be sure the driver, someone she knew, was going to take good care of us. She even kept gecko g outside to let us know when the car arrived.

Coming from Pennsylvania, we were thrilled to have such a wonderful experience in Minnesota. The staff worked hard to make sure we had the best possible time and they definitely succeeded! Everyone should try out OK Corral!

• Visited August 2013