“Horrible!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: The OK Corral is the premier location in the Jordan/Belle Plaine area to receive a great steak, a cold beer and watch the best in live Minnesota entertainment.
MN
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

They were out of milk and apple juice on a Sunday afternoon. The service was bad, and the silverware was dirty. (One of the knives had something slimy on it. SO gross.)
I ordered the wild rice soup. Too bad it doesn't have wild rice in it, just mushy white rice. Very bland.
It was a waste of time and money coming here, and we'll never go back.

Mankato, Minnesota
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have been to this Restaurant numerous time but this time I was beyond disappointed. We got there and was greet and the hostess went to set us at a table that was already taken. Then the waitress came over and took are drink orders and said help yourself to the buffet as she was walking away from us...she came back but it was like a bother to her to refill our water glass. The had change their buffet on Sunday which I totally understand however if it runs from 10-2 then there should be items in the buffet...everything was out or like it had been there for sometime. When it came time to pay the bill she over charged us and when she did correct the ticket she rounded up the bill and did not give my friend back his change. I found it very inconsiderate keep his change....though we also do tip I felt that her actions were uncalled for and made me not want to leave a tip. I have always rewarded the service I get by the tip I give...if this waitress assume I was going to leave one is a little forward of her...in my opinion. I am not sure I will want to go back again...

Jordan
“As others have said "Really bad!"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We got there today at 1:50 and were told the buffet ends in 10 minutes so we would have to wait 20 minutes to order off the menu. When we ordered the pulled pork, which we've had before, it was not the same. It was total mush, looking like canned dog food! The waitress was kind enough to take it off our bill. We will probably never go back unless there is a new owner.

1 Thank Jan M
St. Michael
“Just Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Wish we had read these reviews beforehand. The service was poor. The food was awful. The price was high. We arrived around 7 p.m. on a Saturday night which was after the first seating and when the place was only half full.

Hostess/Table cleaner: Walked a foursome to a table, the dawdled coming back to the hostess stand to wait on us. Then she forgot the menus.

Server: Didn't show up for at least ten minutes to take our drink order and at least another ten minutes before I finally saw her go to the bar to put in the order and pick up the drinks. We saw her give wrong bills to two departing parties. Besides our table, she had two other active tables, but seemed to be so overwhelmed that another waiter had to deliver our meals. She never came by to ask if we needed anything else or were satisfied.

Drink: My husband's tap beer was okay, but my margarita was not drinkable (tasted like perfume).

Food: Awful and a poor value. We asked for quesadillas for an appetizer - waitress said they ran out. Wonder how that will fare with tomorrow's Vikings crowd. For $18 my husband supposedly had Canadian walleye. The salad was a dinky amount of lettuce and a piece of anemic tomato (at first I thought it was an apple). No buns/bread. The walleye was rubbery and the loaded baked potato was still hard topped and with liquid cheese and a sprinkle of bacon bits from a can. My $18 fajitas were delivered in stages. The last item to come out was "forgotten" in the kitchen - a plate with a small scoop of raw black beans and not-so-Spanish-rice - both were COLD, not even at room temperature - so much so that the skimpy real cheese on top stood no chance of melting.

From all the other one star reviews, I'd say that this restaurant could care less if you have even a mediocre dining experience.

Saint Paul, MN
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We decided to eat dinner here as we were staying in Belle Plaine for the weekend and there are few options. The atmosphere is great, however, that is the only thing this place has going for it.

It took us 10 minutes of standing at the hostess stand just to get noticed. We were finally seated and handed menus, except for my two-year-old who was not given a child's menu. When the waitress came to get our drink order we asked for a kid's menu. We asked for a kid's menu a second time when the waitress came to take our dinner order.

I asked for a tap beer (as they were on special) and my wife ordered a glass of wine. My beer came in a bottle (2x the price) and my wife's wine came in a water goblet.

Time to order...I got a steak and my wife ordered a sandwich, which they were "all out of," so she had to change her mind. The wait wasn't long, but not all our food came at once. My meat came but I had to wait another 10 minutes for my sides to come.

All our food was cold, my side of mixed vegetables were downright raw. We ate, paid and left, which is more than I can say for the table sitting next to us. They got their food and after about two bites just got up and left. Their half eaten food was still sitting at their empty table when we left.

As we were walking out a couple was telling the hostess they had been waiting for 25 minutes to get seated, to which the hostess replied, "I'll tell you right now, we're very busy so if this was a long wait for you I'd suggest going someplace else because it's going to be even longer when you get in there."

I hope they took her advise.

Visited October 2013