“High price for nothing!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Kasson Rochester Area
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kasson
Walworth, Wisconsin
“High price for nothing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

The Americinn in Kasson, MN raised their weekend rate and lowered their service and cleanliness. With Rochester only 20 minutes away, will look to stay there.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank J_Dubs_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

My husband and I stayed here due to the close proximity to Events, where we were attending a wedding. This was really the only good thing about out stay.

The breakfast was pretty lame, it gets something in your belly but isn't really good. The house cleaning is pretty bad. Only our bed got made on our second night, towels are not all replaced, the walls are super thin. The air conditioner is horribly loud, our fridge stunk and check-in took FOREVER. Also, the really is no fan for the bathroom so the room gets steamy after a shower. The water pressure is horrible and takes forever to shower. Also, there isn't a full lenth mirror so it is hard to get ready for an event without being able to see how you look....bottom line, this hotel is convenient if you are attending a wedding/event at Events. Otherwise, look somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsMuscalo
Peabody, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2011

I've stayed at this property several times when doing business in the Kasson area. I depend upon it to consistently give me a clean room with no hassle and so far have not been let down. Americinn properties are all pretty much built using the same basic floor plan. The result is a room that you can predict will be clean, well lit with a comfortable bed and a good work area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

The carpets were stained with bleach, red drinks, globs of ink. The beds were very old and were hard and we could feel the springs. The sheets smelled. The bottom of the tub was dark with stains and had hair in it. There were stains in the towels, holes in the ceiling, no inside latch on the door. I complained to the manager. He allowed us to look at three other rooms and we picked one that had new carpet, but was still dirty. We could not get our money back and were forced to stay because we did not have the money to pay for another hotel. We were in the area for Mayo Clinic appointments. We moved to another hotel the next day.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Lori P
Wesdemoines, Ia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2010

I would Like to Aplaud ths Hotel and its staff for their service.

I have never stayed at any other hotels but Hilton, due to some family reasons I was traveling through rochester, and had to stop at Americ inn of Kasson as the wife and Kids were not feeling well.

My wife and I are traveling with our new born and a 6 year old son, who was haveing a high fever as well. I asked the clerk for the cheapest room. The Clerk notified me about the room that the cheapest they had at the time was 99.99 plus tax. I asked if they honored the AAA and it would only bring down the rate by $ 5.00. It said it was ok as every penny counts.

As I was inquiring about room types and rates the clerk asked the manager if there was anything they could do better. I think the Manager at the time was Jay and hope he is still there as he really went out his way to help. He actually made a offer of a reasonably low rate. When he saw that both my son and wife were feeling sick he upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suit with a dividing door, and included a pack and play for my 6 month old.

This worked out in our favor as my son was able to sleep on his own hide a bed and we were able to have our infant in our room while my son slept in his section. My wife almost teared up on the staffs generosity, and the even brought some fruits and milk for my son and wife. They even kept the pool open late for us to play a few games and sit in the hottub.

The following morning we woke up late as the brakfast was closing, and one of the clerks kept it open a little late just so we can have some breakfast. We were even alloted a late checkout by the manager which we did not know about and definately do appreciate.

I have never recieved such treatment and my wife's eyes filled with tears of joy, to see how some peole can go out of their way to accomodate someone. I am a person who believs to give credit to those that need it.

In todays date where every one is busy securing their business and money, there is a hotel that genuinely treated us like their own and treated our kids like their own. It really felt like family, and I would definately reccomend this hotel to all my Family and friends.

For those travelling with kids I would rather go 5 miles out of my way from rochester and stay there at a reasonable rate where people reconize you and treat you like a person than a average business. This is a Excellent Family Hotel, with a beautiful country setting.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Calmar, IA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

We stayed at the AmericInn of Kasson two nights in June for a wedding. At first glance, it is an acceptable hotel, with a decent though small pool. The rooms are mediocre and mostly clean except for some dust/dirt on the window sills and air conditioner. The bathroom and vanity area is small, making it hard for a family of five to get ready for a wedding.

The worst part was by far the management. Upon rising on Saturday morning, we went down to a decent breakfast. The kids were in their pjs, while my husband and I were in shorts and t's. When coming back to our room, we found our key wouldn't work. We tried two new keys to no avail. We were told that the lock had been broken for a while, and we weren't supposed to have been put in the room for that reason. It took well over an hour for them to finally get our room open. (We had to get to rochester and back before the wedding which our son was the ring bearer for, and worse, my husband is diabetic and his insulin was in the room, needless to say his blood sugar was rising as we waited :() The management told us they would try and move us to another room, and make sure to compensate us for the mishap by trying to get us the room for half price. When we returned from our quick trip to Rochester, the lock had been fixed, so we were told we could stay in that room and he was still working on getting us that discount. The management seemed sincere, and the desk clerks were more than friendly so we mistakenly believed them, and stayed the second night. Upon check out, the desk clerk told us that there was no discount noted, and he had no way of over riding the system. He informed us that the person who promised us the discount was the owner's son and didn't have to check with anyone to give a discount. He was also unable to be reached.

So to sum it up, the owner's son told us he would make things right and discount our room, but when checkout came, we were charged full price and he was no where to be found. I'd rather sleep outside than deal with liars. We will never stay there again!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris C
Twin Cities
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2008

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times within the last 2 years, since it is the ONLY hotel in the area without having to go into Rochester. Our most recent stay was in August 08. The POSITIVES: 1)The staff at the Americinn are very friendly and accommodating
2) Breakfast is included. It is the typical mostly "carbo" fair that gives you the choice of toast, bagel, packaged donuts/sweet rolls, make your own waffles, fresh whole fruit, juice, coffee, biscuits and gravy. Overall not a bad deal for most folks, although can get boring after a few stays. (As a side note we find that Otto's bakery in Byron or better yet Danube's in Rochester is great if you are looking for a better donut/pastry and coffee as a change to the free breakfast).
3) It is the only HOTEL in the area (that is not a B&B or in Rochester).
4) Free internet access on hotel computer in lobby
5) Pool, hot tub. (have never used, so cannot comment on them)
NEGATIVES:
1) They need new beds and bedding. The beds in numerous rooms we have stayed in (king and queens) are lumpy and not great, meaning--not a great night's sleep. The mattress pad is not connected to the mattress by elastic so when you sleep and roll over only slightly, that too gets balled up underneath the sheets. The sheets if you are lucky will stay on through the night, ours however tended to always ride up and expose the mattress underneath. (Ewwww and gross.) The comforters are the typical late 80's, early 90's thin flimsy kind and not too sure how often they are washed.
2) Rooms are definitely starting to show their wear. Bath fixtures are corroding, sealing fans are rusted. Needs sprucing up.
3) The decor is country themed and could use an overhaul as well since it too looks dated.
Overall, this is just an average and slightly dated hotel, nothing more. I would never pay over $80 to stay here until they did some revamping of the rooms. Although they do offer a fair amount of amenities for this price bracket, if I cannot get a good night's sleep (since the beds are horrible) then to me it is not worth it and no amount of free coffee or waffles will fix that. Again, if you are in the area, this is your only choice --outside of a B&B or Rochester. We like the location and the staff are great so we hope that the owners will put some money into this place to bring it up to a more modern and COMFORTABLE hotel like some of the other Americinn's we have stayed in.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — beds and rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Italytravels55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kasson
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rochester
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rochester South
Staybridge Suites Rochester - Commerce Dr NW
Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester - Saint Mary's & Mayo Clinic Area
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Kasson Rochester Area? Share your experiences!