“Relaxing weekend break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Greyhound Country Inn
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
“Relaxing weekend break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

As you drive up to the place you instantly have that "wow" factor as the building looks stunning with the thatched roof and beautiful hanging baskets. Go inside and you get a beaming smile from the staff and a cheery greeting from Wayne & Tina the new owners. They have a plan to transform the pub over the next couple of years to put their own stamp on it, but already the place feels warm and welcoming. The rooms are clean & tidy and the new mattresses are comfy. The bar is well stocked but the best bit is the food. OH MY GOD !!! mouth watering selection of delicious, well presented, beautifully cooked dishes that have you salivating from the moment they arrive. The food is a MUST DO, so go eat there and you will walk away delighted. All in all the whole weekend was wonderful and I will be going back many times.

Room Tip: 10 rooms so 10 choices. They are all great so choose away
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Phil D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Friendly owners and staff, the whole place is spotless. Room and bathroom very clean and had everything you needed. Evening meals were of very high standard and delicious. Breakfast was large and very tasty, all cooked with very good produce.
The owners have only been in a few months and the plans they have for The Greyhound Inn sound brilliant. Looking forward to visiting again soon to see the work progressing and I would highly recommend The Greyhound Inn.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Paulhardy4596
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We used the Greyhound for b&b as the 9 of us were going to a work event nearby. The owners were really polite, smiley and friendly and seemed genuinely appreciative we chose to stay there. Breakfast was fantastic and just what we all needed to sort us out after a late night. I will book us to stay again next year for a repeat visit.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

My daughter in law and I booked a twin room for two nights. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. This was the first time that I have stayed at an Inn and I liked the fact that we could sit in the bar downstairs and have a drink or a meal. We only had the breakfast and the full English was really big and very good! The Greyhound Inn is a work in progress I gathered. Our room was quite small and the only downside was that our single beds were very narrow. I had been here before for Sunday lunch under the old management who boasted of the Inn being haunted, but I am happy to say that the only spirit we experienced was in the bar! Prior to our stay, I had emailed to request a fan in the room and to enquire if hair dryer was provided which both were. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for our hosts and I wish them luck for the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked 8 rooms for our family so that we could be together for our son's wedding in Honiton. Wayne and Tina had only just taken over the inn but had made sure that we were all very comfortable and gave us a very warm welcome. On arrival the waitress greeted us and very quickly made us feel at home. The breakfasts and also Sunday lunch were excellent. We thoroughly recommend the place and would not hesitate to come again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
greyhoundcountryinn, Owner at Greyhound Country Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hey, Thank you for your kind words, it was a pleasure looking after your group, you were all charming and good fun. We are constantly monitoring the feedback we receive, so its great when we get comments like yours, I will pass them on to all my staff. Regards Wayne
Dartmoor National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This used to be one of my "locals" until I moved to Chepstow some years ago and, regrettably, for some time had been mismanaged and poorly run by previous owners. Not so now - a blast of fresh air has arrived with new owners Wayne and Tina. I couldn't have been made more welcome. The staff were all attentive and polite and made me feel at home. My room was exceptionally clean, comfortable and quiet. The food served is varied and superb in quality - quality and attention to detail set it above its counterparts. Well kept local real ales are served at the bar. My breakfast on departure was fabulous.
Wayne and Tina are turning the Greyhound into a first class Inn and Restaurant after a considerable period of previous indifference and neglect. I will always stay there in the future. Well don and long may it continue.

Room Tip: The pub is situated in a quiet location so there is very little (if any) noise from anywhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Brian, Thank you for you feedback, and noticing what we have achieved so far. As you may remember me saying, we have a 3 year plan to get The Greyhound Country Inn back on the map, so when you visit next time you will see some changes, See you soon I hope. Regards Wayne
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have just returned from a two night stay with my boyfriend as part of a wedding party which took up almost every room in the hotel.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Tina who instantly made us feel very welcome and showed us to our room. Tina and Wayne both did everything they could to make our stay a most comfortable one. Thank you!

p.s. The breakfast was amazing!

Thanks again, Natalie and John

Dower House Hotel
Dower House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rousdon
BEST WESTERN Lord Haldon Country House Hotel

Been to Greyhound Country Inn? Share your experiences!