“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luppitt
Dolish Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Luppitt B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here two nights while visiting family in Luppitt. Immaculate accommodations and furnishings (Jonathan and Jane have photos of the farm when they bought it - the transformation is amazing). Hosts are very friendly and great company. Truly rural location but easy to get to, well worth a visit.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Owner at Dolish Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to share your appreciative comments. We much enjoyed meeting you too. You must have found our recent deluge of rain a stark contrast to your hot dry Texas home! - but we do frequently remind ourselves that that's why this part of Devon is so beautifully green and lush.Very much hope you will be able to stay with us again in the future.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Wow!
Met by a warm and genuinely friendly welcome which extended throughout our stay! We loved to hear stories of the restoration which has developed into the most beautifully crafted home - a tribute to the craftsmanship, dedication and vision of Jonathan and Jane. The care and attention lavished on the house was extended to us. We were so well looked after and given so much time over a busy Bank Holiday period. Delightful house, area, amazing breakfast (and the welcome cake!), such thoughtfulness but most important of all delightful people!

Room Tip: Talk to Jonathan and Jane!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
JonathanSoar, Owner at Dolish Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
It makes it all worthwhile for us to be appreciated - and by such delightful guests, if we may say so! Thank you. Sorry if we went on a bit about the renovations - it's been our life for nearly 4 years - along with huge help from a small dedicated band of like-minded tradesmen, and women, and daughters! - (and our life for many years before that on numerous earlier 'home + tourism' renovation projects.) Just like our earlier homes where we have also offered accommodation, as we say on our website, "Dolish Farmhouse is now far too nice not to share!!"
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We spent two nights at this beautifully restored farmhouse set in the peaceful surroundings of the Blackdown Hills. The house was spotless, the bedroom tastefully furnished, the bed very comfortable and the welcome from Jonathan and Jane was warmth itself. A first class breakfast set us both up for the day as we set off to explore the local area. This is a great find and we will be back again before too long to sample it again!!.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
JonathanSoar, Owner at Dolish Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Thank you for your very encouraging and positive comments. It was a pleasure to have you stay and quite understand why you have become "Devon devotees"! I'm sure you won't regret a move to this part of the world. Don't forget that our newly converted "Cider Loft", which you were able to see, is now available for Self-Catering - that could be an ideal base for you while you are house-hunting in the area. Let us know if we can help with information or advice in your property search.
Llanfyllin
Reviewed 19 May 2012

One thing I have decided; to make sure before I leave home that wherever I go to eat or stay, it must have a high TripAdvisor rating. So when my colleague and I needed to take a business trip down to Devon this week, I reviewed the eateries and the accommodation around the Honiton area where our new partners' office is located.

When I looked at the reviews and top-dog scores for Dolish Farmhouse I knew we would not be disappointed - the fact is, we were spoiled rotten as they say. Met at the door by the warm and welcoming owners, we felt immediately at home. The farmhouse is immaculate in every way. I have to let you into a secret dear reader. My wife and I have owned a hotel and for the past seven years have and still run our own farmhouse B&B in Wales. So not only are we experienced, we rarely find places to stay that come anywhere near our own high standards. It was such a pleasure to find folks with the same passion for quality and warmth as ourselves, so rare in these lovely isles.

My goodness, what a delight it was to stay there. The house is so beautiful, tastefully and thoughtfully decorated, the bedrooms and bathrooms (and the whole house) spotless and a delight to the eye. The location is so peaceful and could be the setting for a great film, and our host's recommendation for dinner some 5 miles away was on the button.

Breakfast is very important - it's the last thing you remember and it is so important to get it right. Far too many establishments skimp on quality; for example, cheap sausages, poor quality bacon, cheap (and paper thin) supermarket bread, overcooked and tasteless eggs - I'm sure you get the message. Not so at the Dolish-ous Farmhouse, Everything was just perfect, so much so that I promised my dear wife that we will stay there some time in the future and she can then enjoy what we did. Both my colleague and I enjoyed every moment of our stay and we know for certain that future guests will too.

My personal score out of ten for The Dolish Farmhouse? twenty....

Room Tip: You can't go wrong - all rooms are just right....
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Dafydd_G
JonathanSoar, Owner at Dolish Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
It's heart-warming for us to read your appreciative comments and feedback -thank you for your time and trouble to share your thoughts. ( just as helpful for us to know that we're getting things right as it would be if we were not meeting expectations). Like yourselves, we've owned Bed & Breakfast & Self-Catering establishments all over the UK (as owner-occupiers!) for a number of years. It's all too easy to become complacent in this job and we're very aware how important it is to "keep your eye on the ball", right down to the last detail.
We're not striving for a clinical sort of excellence though - Bed & Breakfast should after all be a more personal "home from home" experience than a hotel stay. And a Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast stay should give you a good sense of the locality, the natural environment, the fantastic flavourful local produce - all without you necessarily having to get the wellies out! (unless you want to). That said we do want to share with you the absolute best of what surrounds us here - just as we do for our own family and friends.
And yes, we will be delighted to welcome you and your wife back here at any time and guarantee absolutely no floppy bacon, no processed bread, no tinned tomatoes and no soup-bowls full of cheap beans! At the least you will get quality not quantity. At best you will get quality AND quantity.
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We have just spent 4 days at this excellently restored farmhouse and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We arrived like bedraggled rats in the midst of a howling gale with rain sheeting down but all this was rapidly forgotten by the warmth of our welcome by our hosts and the sheer luxury and comfort of our accommodation. After one of the most peaceful nights I've experienced for many a year (and I don't live in a noisy place) we came down to a full English breakfast (plus cereals etc) with freshly baked bread (still warm)..... and we had to suffer this for another 3 days!!!

Our room was huge with windows opening onto both sides of the house, "affording delightful prospects" (as Gerard Hoffnung would have it) of the hills between which Luppitt nestles. The bathroom is excellently appointed with a large shower. The renovation of an adjacent room which connects to ours has just been completed and is soon to be let as a self-catering unit. This would be ideal for a couple with young children looking for a peaceful country holiday.

As a recommendation, all I can say is that if I have an opportunity to stay at Dolish Farmhouse again I will grasp the opportunity without even thinking about anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
JonathanSoar, Owner at Dolish Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much, despite the tropical downpours!(what the Aussies call "just a shower mate!").
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Dolish Farmhouse.

It was a pleasure to meet you both and I'm glad that you had a chance to see our new self-catering apartment before leaving. If you stay in the "Cider Loft" next time, you will no doubt be making references to Gerard Hoffnung's "the barrel...."!

The sun is now back out again and the Devon bluebells and apple bossom have suddenly caught up.
basildon
Reviewed 29 March 2012

had a 1 night last minute booking, sat 24th march, rang up mid a'noon & arrived early eve, as it turned out i was the only 1 staying, the owners still made a great effort to make me feel welcome, everywhere was spotless, the breakfast was superb, the bed comfortable, nothing was too much of a problem, for me the best advert is if you would return, that i will be next time im down this way on business. i

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
JonathanSoar, Owner at Dolish Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Delighted you enjoyed your brief stay with us and thank you for taking the trouble to share your experience of Dolish Farmhouse to help inform future guests. Your stay has prompted us to offer our accommodation to visitors attending karting events at the nearby Mansell Raceway by Dunkeswell Airfield...Dolish can be a great place to unwind and relax in peace after (or before) a day of thrills and spills! Look forward to your next visit.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Found this B&B just by a stroke of luck. Situated right in the middle of the Devon countryside.
Was welcomed by the owners with a pot of tea in the dinning room. My room was lovely and spacious with all the little details most people forget. The bathroom was beautiful with large shower head. Waking up in the morning and seeing the fields either side made you forget the world out side. Breakfast was superb with home made bread. Next time I might stay for a month:)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luppitt
Lakeview Manor
Lakeview Manor
#4 of 5 in Honiton
Deer Park Country House Hotel
The Old Kennels
The Old Kennels
#1 of 1 in Dunkeswell

Been to Dolish Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!