All reviewswafflesomeletbreakfast areaacross the streetgreat place to staywaffle makerhard boiled eggsno elevatorconference roomclean hotelvery pleasant stayswitch roomsbike rideonly drawbackbreakfast optionssink areahotel is located
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Overall this hotel is nice. It is directly across from the lake which can give some nice views. The breakfast was a nice feature as well. The room was clean but the property, especially the hallways, could use a coat of paint. Overall it is a nice place but I was not overly impressed by it.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a balcony or patio overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kd11mvp
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I arrived in Lake City, MN in the middle of September figuring I wouldn't have a problem getting a room without a reservation. However, I soon found out there were a few weddings and events going on and all of the hotels & motels were booked! The woman at the desk of the Americinn allowed me to use their guest computer to search for other places to stay. I eventually found a room at The Anderson House Hotel in Wasbasha and had a very pleasant stay... all thanks to the very friendly and helpful staff at The Americinn in Lake City!
Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Booked in April for a room in late June on the phone with the hotel manager who strongly stressed, "dont worry-you'll get your balcony room overlooking the lake". Well, we did not. We were told- "well, its not in writing", etc . They gave us the run around. I complained and we were told they would give us a deal because of the trouble. They did not. Charged us full price for a crapy room overlooking the parking lot cars. Cheap, non-caring owners. Will not stay again ever. Room was clean but bathroom was OLD and outdated.

Room Tip: Pick the cheapest room and get it in writing
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to Minneapolis. The rooms were nice and clean, comfortable beds and a nice breakfast in the morning. There is no elevator, so if you're on the second floor you'll have to carry your bass up the steps.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I like AmericInns. The rooms are usually a bit quieter than other hotels. This hotel is decent, but a bit pricey on weekends.
The one problem I have is the extra fee now imposed on travelers. An extra $3 or so is added to your room fee and no explanation is given as to what this is and why am I being charged. So Boo on AmericInn for this.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family