“My 40th Birthday Party”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lake Elmo
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Things got off to a bad start right from the get-go, I plan to write a letter directly to Wildwood Lodge. I was totally disappointed in the way I was treated by the banquet coordinator. I used to love this place, I rang in New Years Eve for 2009 and had a pool side room last May 2011. I was given an unrealistic amount for the party, when I brought it to their attention, the tone used on the phone and in voice mail messages was completely uncalled for. The voice mail message had bullying behavior letting me know it was past the cancelation date, as though I was stuck. My invoice had a $1154 error, that should've never happened. I will for sure find another hotel going forward for all my special events.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
mfrenchhoari, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Our Sincere apologies, our intention is to always exceed our guests expectations. I did speak to several of your guests and even received an email from one, expressing what a great time they had experienced at your event. I do apologize for the miscommunication given to you. I did see where the computer had added your food and beverage minimum instead of subtracting the total, but I also see it was adjusted immediately before any final payments were made. Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.
The Management and Staff of the Wildwood Lodge

Reviewed 19 May 2012

This was our second stay at Wildwood Lodge and it did not disappoint. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the room and pool were immaculate. It is convenient to the highway and near several good restaurants so was a perfect location. When visiting Minnesota again we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at Wildwood in Lake Elmo to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversay and we were surprised when upgraded to a beautiful suite! The staff was awesome, the room clean and well appointed - and room service from the adjacent restaurant was terrific! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: Rooms not immediately adjacent to pool will be quietest.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ealakart
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We had a nice clean room with modern and up to date furnishings. The pool area is nice and big and served us well when entertaining relatives. Not much for a continental breakfast, just prepacked bars and juice. But who would want a continental breakfast when your right next to "The Machine Shed" restaurant. That is the best part of all, very similar to Cracker Barrel, but much better food. But enough about the restaurant, this is a hotel review. The front desk people were very nice and worked with us to get an early check-in time for my dear ol' mother. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
mfrenchhoari, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you so much for your comments on Trip Advisor we sincerely appreciate your kind words. Please contact me personally if you choose to stay with us again as it would be my pleasure to upgrade your room.

Mo French

Reviewed 29 July 2011

This place is really, really nice. Everything is clean, new, well maintained, in a nice location, with a restaurant (though we didn't try it) and close to the highway, shopping, and a short distance to all kinds of things to do. Our room opened to the pool area, which is kept spotless, which we loved. The room was decorated tastefully, everything is new. Big thumbs up to the management for enforcing the quiet policy. Awesome. Just 2 problems though: Uncomfortable beds and a slippery bathroom floor. How could a nice, new hotel with everything going for it install the most uncomfotable beds that jabbed me all night with springs? My only other gripe was the floor in the bathroom being slippery. The shower stall design is awkward. Even with a towel in front of the door, water goes everywhere when you open the shower door, making the floors a little slick. Be careful. --Those 2 things aside, this is a great hotel for a getaway with young children. Ask for a room that opens to the pool, which is super convenient.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sylvrunr
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We've stayed at the wildwood at least 3 or 4 times over the past few years, during visits to the area for family gatherings. Overall, it has a lot of positive features (very nice pool, good restaurant with fast room service, attractive rooms and lobby), but this time we had an experience that was, in my mind, pretty unforgivable. We have a one year old baby and reserved a crib or pack and play for him upon reservation, which was done months in advance. When we checked in, there was no pack and play in the room. We called down to the front desk and about 30 minutes later we got a call back stating that all the cribs were in use and the desk attendant couldn't find one anywhere. We were forced to set up a makeshift bed on the floor out of pillows and rolled up bed covers (probably the filthiest items in ANY hotel room) with just kind of an "oh well" attitude and no offer (as yet, at least) of any compensation or refund. Up until now, we were fans of the wildwood, but I can't say I'd ever stay again. As a last resort in a situation like this, they should be sending an employee to a nearby 24 hour Target and picking up a cheap pack and play. Anything would've been preferable to the NOTHING that was done about it. Anyone traveling with a baby or young child should avoid staying here, because you can't rely on them to provide the most basic of necessities. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Somafree77
twbtcaptain, VP Hotel Operations at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It is only with this kind of feedback that we can deliver the level of service to which we strive. I wish to apologize for the fact thaat the hotel did not accomodate your request for a crib for your child. I will investigate this incident and direct the hotel to find a way to correct this situation so future guests are not incovenienced, and to find a way to set this right with you.

Reviewed 3 October 2010

Clean, beautifully decorated comtempory hotel with close proximity to dining, etc. Staff at front desk were very friendly and helpful -- always had a smile on their faces. We were traveling with another couple and had requested 2 king exectutive rooms and to our surprise, one of us had been upgraded to a suite when we arrived.

My husband and I won the luck of the draw and this room was fabulous! Not only did it have a separate living and dining/conference areas but the bath was absolutely as luxurious as we experience at home. My husband suffers from arthritis and he found the oversized jacuzzi (in addition to a standard tub and shower) to be a great relaxing experience that evening. Luxurious robes were there for our use as well and we found the Aveeda toiletries a nice touch.

The bedroom was elegantly appointed with black and white linens. I also want to mention the bigger coffee pot...what a treat! We are used to the one or two cup models typically found in hotel rooms today.

Other restaurants were within walking distance but we chose to dine at The Machine Shed which is connected to the hotel that evening. This was very conventient for us. The morning we left we were anxious to get on the road early and found the fresh fruit, breakfast bars and coffee provided in the lobby adequate.

Yes, indeed we plan to return and I am sure we will be happy in a king executive room like the friends traveling with us had!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Best Western Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East
Sheraton St. Paul Woodbury Hotel
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo? Share your experiences!