“Unbelievable stay!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lake Elmo
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My Husband and I came here for our wedding anniversary. We stayed in a whirlpool king suite. The whirlpools are a nice size, two can fit comfortably. Speaking of comfort their beds were amazing! . I am very happy with the Wildwood. I like the Aveda amenities that they have in the rooms it's a nice touch. Everything was clean, welcoming and they have a helpful staff. I like the style this hotel has. It's like rustic country meets modern. They have some very unique furnishing pieces, like this metal cow table in the lobby. I want to take it home! They also have a huge pool area. I will be coming back here. Wildwood will be our next get away for our family. The kids are going to love it!

Room Tip: Whirlpools are a great couples get away. They also have poolside rooms so when you bring your little...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo

Reviewed 1 June 2012

We have stayed here about 8 times and have always had good experiences. It is always clean and tidy. The beds are comfortable and the linens are good quality. A feather comforter and pillows. Did not have the continental breakfast because there is a Machine Shed restaurant attached which has a very good breakfast. The pool is clean and warm enough for swimming and the hot tub is warm with comfortable and soothing jets. The people at the desk are friendly.
The rates are reasonable for the area. There is a mall across the street for easy shopping. The rooms are quiet. If there was someone next to us i did not hear anything. Now the only complaint I have- no wi fi. In this day and age that is unbelievable. Everyone has something electronic with them at all times that you could use wi fi. I normally will only pick hotels with wi fi access because I have my Ipad with me on any trip I go on. But we stay here because we know it will be clean and comfortable. But a wi fi upgrade would be nice!

Room Tip: There are rooms that have a direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
mfrenchhoari, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful words about our property. I just wanted to respond back, so you and the rest of our guests are aware that we do offer complimentary wifi, actually we offer both wireless and hard wired to all guests, and have for the past 5 years. I do know, as I was here over the past days that we had to reset it once. My apologies for any inconvenience, please contact me at your earliest convenience as I would like to invite you back to stay with the Wildwood and have you enjoy all of our complimentary amenties.

The General Manager and the staff of the Wildwood Lodge

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Things got off to a bad start right from the get-go, I plan to write a letter directly to Wildwood Lodge. I was totally disappointed in the way I was treated by the banquet coordinator. I used to love this place, I rang in New Years Eve for 2009 and had a pool side room last May 2011. I was given an unrealistic amount for the party, when I brought it to their attention, the tone used on the phone and in voice mail messages was completely uncalled for. The voice mail message had bullying behavior letting me know it was past the cancelation date, as though I was stuck. My invoice had a $1154 error, that should've never happened. I will for sure find another hotel going forward for all my special events.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
mfrenchhoari, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Our Sincere apologies, our intention is to always exceed our guests expectations. I did speak to several of your guests and even received an email from one, expressing what a great time they had experienced at your event. I do apologize for the miscommunication given to you. I did see where the computer had added your food and beverage minimum instead of subtracting the total, but I also see it was adjusted immediately before any final payments were made. Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.
The Management and Staff of the Wildwood Lodge

Reviewed 19 May 2012

This was our second stay at Wildwood Lodge and it did not disappoint. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the room and pool were immaculate. It is convenient to the highway and near several good restaurants so was a perfect location. When visiting Minnesota again we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at Wildwood in Lake Elmo to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversay and we were surprised when upgraded to a beautiful suite! The staff was awesome, the room clean and well appointed - and room service from the adjacent restaurant was terrific! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: Rooms not immediately adjacent to pool will be quietest.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ealakart
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We had a nice clean room with modern and up to date furnishings. The pool area is nice and big and served us well when entertaining relatives. Not much for a continental breakfast, just prepacked bars and juice. But who would want a continental breakfast when your right next to "The Machine Shed" restaurant. That is the best part of all, very similar to Cracker Barrel, but much better food. But enough about the restaurant, this is a hotel review. The front desk people were very nice and worked with us to get an early check-in time for my dear ol' mother. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
mfrenchhoari, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you so much for your comments on Trip Advisor we sincerely appreciate your kind words. Please contact me personally if you choose to stay with us again as it would be my pleasure to upgrade your room.

Mo French

Reviewed 29 July 2011

This place is really, really nice. Everything is clean, new, well maintained, in a nice location, with a restaurant (though we didn't try it) and close to the highway, shopping, and a short distance to all kinds of things to do. Our room opened to the pool area, which is kept spotless, which we loved. The room was decorated tastefully, everything is new. Big thumbs up to the management for enforcing the quiet policy. Awesome. Just 2 problems though: Uncomfortable beds and a slippery bathroom floor. How could a nice, new hotel with everything going for it install the most uncomfotable beds that jabbed me all night with springs? My only other gripe was the floor in the bathroom being slippery. The shower stall design is awkward. Even with a towel in front of the door, water goes everywhere when you open the shower door, making the floors a little slick. Be careful. --Those 2 things aside, this is a great hotel for a getaway with young children. Ask for a room that opens to the pool, which is super convenient.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Paul-Woodbury
Best Western Regency Plaza Hotel - St. Paul East
Residence Inn St. Paul Woodbury
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/St. Paul-Woodbury

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Paul NE - Lake Elmo? Share your experiences!