Quest Alphington
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Quest Ivanhoe(Ivanhoe)
    City East Motel(Abbotsford)
    US$75
    US$70
    Agoda.com
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 23 March 2011

This property was a huge disappointment. Despite being advertised as being on a "quiet street", our apartment was on the side of a major road with 24 hour noise and trucks. Truly horrible.

Everything was broken, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, all the windows and doors downstairs. One window was wedged open and about 50 mosquitoes came in when the sun went down. The door to bedroom #2 doesn't close where we were due to bed being in the way.

The apartments are badly in need of a refit. The original fittings are cheap and tacky and now they are badly worn, peeling and not nice. No way you could call this 4 star accommodation.

The cleaner left our door unlocked and kept taking towels away and not leaving new ones.

Stay away - not worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
    2  Thank Munchkin2311
    Reviewed 5 August 2010

The staff were friendly and helpfull, but..............
    Unit is in need of renovation. Cracked toilet bowl, cracked tiles in bathroom, cracks in walls and peeling paint, skirting boards water swollen, vanity doors peeling edges, mould in bath, and I killed a cockroach in the kitchen on day 1. The heater failed one night, the hot water failed on another. Find another place if you want quality.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
    2  Thank nonreturn
    Reviewed 16 October 2008

We stayed at the Quest in Alphington during our recent trip home to visit my parents in Melbourne. Let me start off by saying that when I booked I found the owner to be very helpful and friendly particularly with accommodating our late arrival time and discussing our needs for my daughter.

However, when we arrived it was an entirely different experience. We arrived at 2am from Perth to find that the cot we had requested was not there, nor was the high chair or stair safety barrier.

So after a very tough night with our daughter in bed with us, we were woken at 6am by peak hour traffic noise that was unbarable. It really sounded like the traffic was in our room with us. I contacted reception to demand a room change and follow up on the items we had requested for our daughter. They informed us that generally they put families on the 'quiet' side but on this ocassion they were full. They also said that was why none of the items we had requested were in the town house for my daughter. I could not believe the excuses that were being made and called the manager directly.

It turned out he was on holiday which may explain the drop in service however informed us we could not be moved because they were in fact full.

We did not receive the items for my daughter until just before 12pm. Not only was this a safety risk with the stairs, but it also meant we could not give our daughter breakfast in a high chair.

All of this aside, my biggest issue was the fact that when we booked they knew we had a young child yet they still placed us on the noisy side of the property, which is next to Chandler highway with not even any indication this was an issue.

We had 3 nights of very little sleep, the kitchen had burn marks on the bench, the light did not work in one of the bedrooms and I could go on.

I do think it would have been better on the other side of the complex and this was a central and convenient location but I would never stay here again given our experience.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family