“Couldn't stay due to allergies, no refund given” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Minneapolis South

Motel 6 Minneapolis South
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lakeville
Bozeman, Montana, United States
“Couldn't stay due to allergies, no refund given”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We reserved 2 nights having never stayed in the area before and arrived at 3:00 for check in. We were told the rooms were not ready and we could take the room, but had to check in later. We worked until 11:00. Upon arriving back , the lobby was on lock down. We had to talk to the clerk through the thick glass enclosure and sliding "bank teller" type drawer. She gave us our room number. As we started down the halls, there were many "night owls" roaming the halls and the halls reaked of some unknown odor. As we got closer to our room, we entered the room my husbands throat began to swell and by the time we unlocked our room, he was afraid he couldn't stay because of some allergy possibly. We went back to the clerk and she only refunded one nights stay. I then contacted Motel 6 guest relations, Jessica Franch and she said sorry, no refund will be made. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??????????????????

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Mary G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I used to stay at this particular Motel 6 frequently about two years ago. I loved it and considered it my home away from home when traveling. Recently, business found me back in the Twin City area so I thought I would stop by. To my surprise, David Cook, who used to be the General Manager, is no longer there. I could sure tell. The place has gone down hill . . . and fast! It stinks of bad odor, the bed was dirty, the staff was now rude, and nothing in the motel worked. Not at all worth the $40.00 spent. I wouldn't spend $10.00 for a room at this hotel. The previous manager did a great job and he was always there to solve a problem immediately. I can't believe how quick a motel can go down hill. DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL! YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DO.

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn across the street or the Quality Inn closer in to town.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank dac0313

Travellers are raving about these Lakeville hotels

Midland Park, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

If you have options look somewhere else. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. BUT it goes down hill from there. Rooms seem clean but are outdated, 13" TV in my room. I ordered a Non smoking room. Well to be honest the place just has an oder to it. I would not stay here again. I'd sleep in my car first. I honestly didn't feel safe here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank racanfan3
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We didn't expect luxury for $40 a night. I've said before that I hate to knock a motel that costs so little because what do you really want for what we paid? (You can see my other Motel 6 review from Springfield, IL) However, we did expect to feel safe and get some rest. The day we checked in, so did a group of hoodlums that booked 40 rooms a month in advance. I won't even get into along story because there's not enough room or time. BUT I will give the staff 5 stars for their friendliness and their ability and willingness to deal with issues that arise with a large group. These people were asked to leave because they were disrupting the entire hotel. After they left, it was much quieter-no more door slamming, choking on weed smoke or shouting at all hours of the night. The motel itself desperately needs updating-I didn't let my kids walk around without socks or shoes on because the carpet was so filthy. And they absolutely were not allowed to sleep with the top covers touching them. There was mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and I read another review where the GM said they were replacing bedding and some other items; I don't know what he "replaced" because everything here has been here since this motel was built. The water was hot and the a/c was cold and I liked being able to open the window. The maintenance was extremely nice and helpful, as was Amy at the front desk and the on-site manager. The housekeeping staff will always speak and smile when you come in contact with them and it is because of the staff I wish I could write a better review. The GM needs to drop some cash into this place, though. We stayed a week because we were desperate but honestly, I couldn't wait to check out and we would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bonniej216
Duluth, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I had some trepidations after reading mixed reviews on this property. However, I was very pleased with the accommodations. Everything was clean and in working order. The front desk was very helpful and kind. They even called to make sure that everything in my room was satisfactory.

If you have a dog, there is a nice grassy area in the back to take care of "business".

I'll be back if I need to travel this route in the future.

Room Tip: Lots of food options nearby.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stayed here 8/10/11. Cleanest, friendliest Motel 6 I've been to out of the maybe 20 I've stayed at in my life.
Keep in mind it's not a Ritz, it's a Motel 6.
The staff is/was excellent.
I check rooms/mattress for bugs myself and didn't see anything, dirt etc.
Would stay here again without a doubt

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Charles City, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

It's not a fancy hotel...but hell I'm not a fancy man. It's cheap and clean(ish), which is all that's important to me. When we first got there we checked under the mattress to see if there were any bed bugs and to our surprise we found three nudie mags!!! This can be a plus depending on who you are so I'll hold back judgement on that point. The weird thing is is that they don't provide shampoo, so you can go to the neighboring Holiday Inn and snag some from there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank foamynuts314
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Quality Inn Lakeville
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
#1 of 1 in Prior Lake
Asteria Inn & Suites New Prague
GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley

Been to Motel 6 Minneapolis South? Share your experiences!