“Not your daddy's Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lakeville
Wisconsin
“Not your daddy's Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I know there are some sexy high-end Holiday Inns out there, but in Lakeville? Across from the truck stop? Beautifully decorated, very clean, very well-run with a genuinely friendly and very helpful front desk staff. We had suite 254, a truly 2-room suite with a hall and door separating a large living area from a spacious king bedroom. The bath was small but serviceable. Good linens and a great mattress. The pool area is geared for kids 7 and under; older kids bored quickly and I didn't see any adults swim at all.

Room service was very fast and the food was good to great -- somebody really knows their way around an omelet pan. Watch your bill, though! Be sure to take the copy of your itemized order and compare it to the menu. One morning I noticed a $4.99 charge for a box of cereal, instead of the $3.89 kid's meal charge it should have been. I started taking a closer look and found errors on 5 out of 5 bills. Some had multiple errors, such as a $2.95 charge for milk that should have been free with a kid's meal, $3.50 side charge for bacon with an omelet instead of $2.75 listed on the menu, etc. small change that adds up. It took visits to both the front desk and restaurant to get it all corrected. They didn't bother correcting the tax, and I didn't press because we needed to get on the road. When errors are made this frequently, there has to be a serious deficit in training staff.

The living area in our suite had a table, but the lighting wasn't sufficient to use it for work -- something to be aware of for business travelers.

They have a wide variety of rooms, including some with full kitchenettes, so I suggest calling to get exactly what you want. The second floor poolside rooms do have balconies, but they are tiny, "Juliet" style half-rounds -- more decorative than usable, and too small for more than a chair. We didn't notice anybody using them.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Many room configurations not detailed on web site, call to reserve exactly what you need.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Andy P, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Love the review! I even laughed out loud to the title! Thank you kindly for taking the time to not only review our property but also to provide detailed feedback. This truly allows me to praise and coach my team in the moment.

Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Avon, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have stayed here about a dozen times and it is always a pleasant experience. We come to Lakeville to visit our kids and grandkids. This Holiday Inn has a pretty impressive water park right in the middle of the hotel. They offer pretty nice suites and the staff is fabulous! Another nice perk is the restaurant and bar attached to the hotel, Rudy'd Red Eye Grill is actually very good, again not your average Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Andy P, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
I appreciate the fabulous review! My favorite room is the Pool-Side Suites! I love the fact that it has two rooms and a door that separates them so after a long day of swimming the kids can crash in the back and my the adults can hang out up front!

Can't wait to see you next time! Have a great rest of the summer!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to celebrate my sons 9th birthday. The pool was great for the kids and our room was clean. We did have a couple issues, neither of the 2 phones in our room worked and when I asked for blankets for the pullout bed they were out. I had to drive home to get some. I asked to talk to a manger and there was not one on duty at 730 pm. The staff was kind enough to bring a few shower curtains(gross) and a sheet for us to cover up with. For the price this hotel charges I would expect bedding and phones to be provided.

Stayed July 2014
Andy P, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
I am so terribly sorry to hear of this negative experience. Truthfully this doesn't even sound like my team. While this doesn't help the situation at all for you I assure you I have personally followed up with each of my employees to ensure something like this doesn't happen again.

Hancock, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a bit over the price we like to pay but we had a wedding reception here so it was worth the convenience of staying here. The rooms were large & clean & well stocked. The grand kids loved the pool area with its slide & kiddie pool. It is a large motel & we got turned around many times trying to find our room or the lobby. Unfortunately, most of the cleaning staff we asked directions of spoke no English.
We arrived at 10:30 am. Check in was 4:00 but they had a room clean & graciously allowed us early check in which helped immensely as we had a wedding to attend at 2:00. There is no continental breakfast here which we missed. There is a restaurant attached but for the price of the room we would have appreciated a free breakfast. We did have breakfast at the restaurant & it was reasonable & very good. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014
Andy P, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay. I hope you found the wedding reception fun and enjoyable!!! I am sorry that there was some trouble communicating with my staff. I have taken this feedback and provided coaching to each of them so they are better able to assist my future guests.

Thank you for your feedback and for helping us improve.

Until next time!

Escanaba, Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here when we could not find a hotel anywhere near the Mall of America: all the close hotels were full or scary. It's only a quick commute from the Mall and for a family it's perfect: the hotel outside, inside, and pool are all very fine. Poolside rooms are sound-proofed (we overslept the first morning expecting the sound of activity to wake us) but exit right out poolside to a small bistro-style patio (or balcony) where you can chill with the wifi while the kids enjoy the waterslide and overhead water showers. Easy to find with many quality restaurants nearby. Incredibly professional staff. No complimentary breakfast but I usually find those breakfasts disappointing anyway compared to..well...anything tastier than beef jerky and coffee. The attached restaurant has an acceptable breakfast (underspiced... a style of food I refer to as "ala geezer") and a wonderful dinner. We had the bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos, bleu cheese meatloaf, and 5-cheese italian-sausage lasagna. Can't recommend this too highly.

Andy P, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
I am so glad you had a wonderful stay! My daughters love our water slide and zero depth pool as well! My personal favorite Rudy's entree is the Rudy's Chicken Sandwich or the Meatloaf stack! YUM!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! Please give us a call if we can assist you in booking your future travel needs!

Hoople, North Dakota
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We spent one night in Lakeville and were very pleased with the room - great bed, clean and quiet! We didn't have time to use the pool area, and did not eat breakfast in the attached restaurant due to a prior commitment. After arriving home, I realized I had left a book in the room, so called the hotel. They checked their "lost and found" and immediately called back to report they found it. I offered to pay shipping charges to return it, but they said they would cover the cost. I'm very impressed with this service!!

Andy P, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Sue,

I am so glad we were able to reunite you with your book! If there is anything we can ever do to assist you with your future stays please let us know.

minnesota
Reviewed 6 June 2014

When I arrived, I also found we were named the VIP of the day and received a real nice upgrade with a bag of goodies. The front desk and employees were very helpful. Talked Cassandra to thank them for the upgrade. She was very gracious and professional. Also received kids eat free coupons for the nice restaurant attached to the hotel.

Andy P, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
YAY! VIP! It is always so fun celebrating VIP of the Day with our guests! I am glad that you had a great stay and really appreciate the kind words. Cassandra and team do a remarkable job taking care of our extended family and I am proud to work with them.

Thank you so much for taking to express your feelings about your stay.

Until next time! ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!

Andy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
Quality Inn Lakeville
Quality Inn Lakeville
#3 of 4 in Lakeville
GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville
Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn
Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Burnsville

Been to Holiday Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!