“Just incredible”
Review of Podere Campaini

Podere Campaini
Reviewed 11 August 2012

A location away from mechanical noise, can you beleive it?
No car, no air corridor so no plane, it is silence that is most noticeable.
The kindness of the owner as if they were familly.
The unparalleled beauty of the place better than the pictures.
The confort of our appartment, spacious, bedding, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, cleanliness, the swimming pool, car park, the tuscan countyside, the deer at dusk so close, everything is excellent.
Proximity of the main cities and the small ones (by car).
You will understand, I recommend I recommend and I want to come back...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Our family stayed six peaceful nights at Podere Campaini in June. Stephania and Victoria took care of our every need including a tasty breakfast each morning and wonderful cafe latte! One of the things we loved about this location was that it is off the main highway by about two miles, so it is quiet. At night we loved looking at the twinkling lights of Volterra in the distance. Make sure your get good directions as it is not marked on the main road. The property is about 8km north of Volterra and if you pass the Hotel Molino d'Era, then you've gone past your right turn! Definitely worth the effort!!! Thanks for the wonderful memories--The Stacells

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamara S
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Just left after an idyllic week at the Podere Campaini near Volterra in Tuscany. This was our first time in Tuscany and finding accommodation was always going to be a "shot in the dark". This shot however hit the bullseye. An outstanding location outstanding accommodation and a thoroughly first class holiday. We travelled with our son, his partner and their six month old baby and we could not have had a better time? stayed in the two bedrooms Tulipano apartment with two bathrooms and was blown away by the quality of accommodation and also the helpful Stephania the owner and Victoria who made our stay so memorable. I almost dont want to tell people about this little piece of paradise but I owe it to Stephania to let you know! Book now. We also went to the Bocelli concert and the location was central for everything. can't wait to got back!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Robsonkaryn
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We had reservations for May 1. After a long day of driving, we arrived in Villamagna, only to discover that the directions provided by the lodging were totally insufficient and inaccurate. I called the place and got an Italian voicemail....no one to talk to. I then called both the cell numbers provided by the lodging on Venere and both very nice ladies told me in their best but heavily accented English that they no longer work there, that no one at Podere Compaini spoke English, that it was hard to find, but they tried to give directions.. As best I could understand from them, this place is not in Volterra or Villamagna---maybe somewhere in between but no specific directions given by the property on the website or confirmation, and current Garmin GPS does not show the road existing--- and although many podere and agriturismo have signs on the roads, Podere. Compaini does not. After spending over an hour trying unsuccessfully to find the place, including asking the carabinieri in Villamagna, I gave up and drove back to Siena, luckily getting a last minute room at Il Canto del Sole (very nice--go there instead of Podere Campaini.) Unless you can talk to the owner directly and get explicit directions, don't book here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This family run accommodation is everything a couple singles family - anyone really would need to enjoy a stay in rural Tuscany. I am a lone parent and stayed with Daiana and Cassandra for one week with my family and my son's girlfriend. They were 14, 17, and 18. We had a great time - Daiana and Casandra and their family make you feel very much at home - it is indeed just that - a home from home and the apartments are new and beautifully presented - the pool spotless cleaned every day for 3 hours. The view from anywhere is spectacular rolling Tuscan hills and cypress trees. We will definitely be going back. The only tip I would give is a car is needed definitely to make the best of the surrounding area - 10 mins from Volterra by car, 1 hour to Pisa and 1 hour to Florence.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ethicalangel
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My wife and I travelled to Italy for the first time in May 2011 with our 2 teenagers. This was the first place we stayed and it was perhaps our favorite mostly because of the wonderful people. Cassandra was genuinely friendly, helpful, and interested in our family and our trip. We got very lost trying to find the property (never rent a car without a GPS, doh!). Cassandra had us park on the edge of Volterra and then she drove into Volterra and found us. The rooms were squeaky clean, as was the pool.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Podere Campaini was the best part of my Italian vacation last summer. I thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful, authentic food , chatting and dining with the other guests, the beautiful pool and the gorgeous scenery all around. And, the hostesses were incredibly accommodating and friendly. They embraced me into their warm family and I cannot wait to go back! Thank you, Daiana and Cassandra!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Been to Podere Campaini? Share your experiences!