“Basic room, great location.”
Review of Cottage House Inn

Cottage House Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lanesboro
Cottage House Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Lanesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2012

You get a very basic, clean, inn type room at a reasonable price. No TV, and Internet in the rooms is iffy (Internet on the front porch and inside the common room). Breakfast is a seperate charge, which I've not tried because it starts late (8 am).

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 10 June 2012

This inn is in the center of downtown Lanesboro and an easy walk to just about anywhere. We walked one block to rent bicycles to ride the Root River Trail. We walked one block the other direction to hop in the van for our Bluffscapes Amish Tour (great tour and highly recommended). Also, the inn is right across the street from the Commonweal Theatre. Lovely front porch to sit on in the evening. The rooms were clean, albeit somewhat simple. Had to ask for a blow dryer for my hair, and I'm glad they had one at no charge. No TV's in the rooms, which forced us to really be on vacation. I'd definitely stay there again - room rates were very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at the Cottage House Inn in September 2011. We assumed we would be staying at a Bed and Breakfast. Instead, we were given a room in an adjacent building which was more like an economy class motel. The room was clean but no frills. Breakfast was available for an additional charge in the main building. Breakfast was good but nothing particularly special about it. We missed the kind of spirit that we have experienced when staying at a B&B. The staff were polite but not particularly interested in engaging in conversation. The small town of Lanesboro has more than a dozen B&Bs, unless you want to stay downtown I think you could do better than the Cottage House Inn. It is ideally located in the downtown of Lanesboro. We highly recommend the Commonweal Theatre. The play that we saw was very well done. We also recommend the Old Village Hall Restaurant. The areas is especially well-known for its bike trails.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the Main Inn.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skr33ch
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Very clean rooms, good location and reasonalbe prices. Bike storage was handy and secure. Felt like we could come and go easily. When we had a question about area attractions, staff was helpful and made good recommendations. Nice outdoor porch area. If in the area, be sure to get to WHALAN - Aroma Pies. In Lanesboro, we enjoyed the Pedal Pushers cafe for lunch. The hotel offers optional breakfast at 8:00 am, which is a bit late for our day ... so we tried out CHAT N CHEW which opens at 6:00 am. Simple and good food. Bike trails were fantastic and we also took an afternoon to visit Mystery Cave at the State Park. We had a good experience at Cottage House Inn and would return on future visits.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abc12399
Reviewed 27 February 2008

I stayed at the Cottage House Inn back in November, 2006. Tried to get in during the busy season in 2007, but it was full. I must say that the place I ended up staying was a FAR CRY worse than the Cottage House Inn. Nothing compared! No fresh smelling rooms, no great breakfast, no convenient access to shops, no easy parking. I missed the Cottage House Inn and I was only a mile down the road! In March 2008 I am going back to Lanesboro... and I'm going back to the Cottage House Inn. Nothing else is better, the staff is friendly, the food is excellent, the rooms are clean and comfortable, its just wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Mini-Apple
Reviewed 18 July 2007

We have beeen staying at the Cottage House for the past 3 years. The hotel is immaculate, the staff is excellent. The hotel is located across the street from the brand new Commonweal Theater. Excellent restaurants are within walking distance.
They have a secure building to keep your bikes in. I can't wait for next year

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mark_and_bev
Reviewed 7 November 2005

I have visited Lanesboro three times during the past 7 years, and have sampled several lodging choices. I must say that the Cottage House Inn is a hidden gem. You cannot beat the price - $45.00 for a Saturday night (off-peak season). With a price like that most experienced travellers have learned that you "get what you pay for." This is not the case with the Cottage House for the following reasons:
1. Extremely clean. 2. Managed exceptionally well. 3. Comfortable, country decor, which includes antique furniture throughout the Inn. 3. Imparts the perfect small-town rural character and sense of hospitality. 4. Excellent home-cooked breakfast (ours included homemade applesauce and jams). 5. You feel like a valued customer.
The Cottage House Inn is nice getaway from the hustle-bustle of everyday life. There are no T.V.s or telephones in any of the rooms, but there are books, magazines, and local community publications conveniently scattered about in the warm, inviting lobby, as well as in bookcases in the halls where the sleeping rooms are located. The rooms have been designed to be user-friendly; an over-sized bathroom with up-to-date plumbing fixtures, comfortable chairs to relax in, and a decent-sized entry way. The establishment is located directly across the street from the Commonwheel theater, another hidden Minnesota gem. If you are seeking a simple, small-town lodging experience, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2005
11  Thank checkdot

Been to Cottage House Inn? Share your experiences!