“Quiet and Close to Everything”
Review of Cottage House Inn

Cottage House Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lanesboro
Cottage House Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Lanesboro B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Quiet and Close to Everything”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My daughters and I stayed at the Cottage House for three nights. We had a first floor room that was very quiet and clean. The staff offered extra towels right away and were always available. Although they only serve breakfast on weekends, we were conveniently located downtown near all the great restaurants. We chose a different restaurant each day and enjoyed each one. We were also across the street from the Commonweal and just a block from bike rental. We enjoyed the complimentary coffee and teas, available all day and evening. The front porch was great for people watching in the evening.

Bring your own soap and shampoo and media devices. There is good, free wi-fi, but no television in the room. At just $75 a night, we were well satisfied and relaxed. Convenient off-street parking and secure bike storage, too!

Room Tip: We liked the main floor rather than upper level or second building.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank christine n

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We were in town for the Rhubarb Festival, and stayed one night. My parents stayed in the main part of the inn. My husband and I stayed in the outer part (still attached), in a queen room, while our children had a double room next door. Every one of us thought the inn was very clean, and although the rooms were quite simple, they were homey and comfortable. No tv in the room, but we weren't in town for that, so we had no problem with that. There was free coffee, tea, and hot cocoa in the morning. Breakfast was $8, I believe, and you needed to order it the evening before, and eat at 8:00am sharp. We passed on that, as we preferred to sleep in and were planning on eating at the festival. We all agreed we would stay here again for sure!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Austin, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I brought my whole family to Lanesboro for Mother's Day Weekend 2014. Very clean, reasonably priced, great location. Not as fancy as some of the other B&B's in town, but they make up for it in service. They were very accommodating as I had some older family members that would have struggled with stairs at a traditional B&B, so they gave us ground floor rooms. Very helpful in getting tickets for a play at the Commonweal Theatre, right across the street from it. Lockable bike storage, and only a block off the Root River Bike Trail. We had some stragglers in the group that needed to check in later than usual, and needed a cot for an extra kid in one of the rooms, and they took great care of us. Will definitely stay here next time, highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Gassville, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was in Lanesboro to fish the trout streams of the Driftless Area. The Cottage House Inn is reasonably priced and nicely located in downtown Lanesboro. All of the restaurants and other attractions are an easy walk from the inn. Lanesboro has a lot of nice B&Bs. But if you just need an inexpensive base for exploring and fishing the Cottage House Inn is a good choice.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The rooms were clean, good price, great location, helpful staff. We came to bike the trail, they had a locked area for the bikes. I left a pair of eye glasses in the room when I checked out ... When I came back from biking it was taped to my truck. Good people.

• Stayed May 2014
Modesto, California
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed here for five nights as part of a Road Scholar biking tour. This turned out to be a great choice for myself and the group. I had my own room with one bed. The room was clean, neat and pleasant. I had no concerns other than the walls seemed a little thin as I could hear the people in the next room. I cannot comment on the price of the room as it was part of the tour price. Our group had breakfast in the common room each morning and the breakfast was always varied and quite good. Not a large number of offerings, but enough for a decent breakfast. The breakfasts during the week consisted of pancakes, waffles, nut breads, muffins, baked oatmeal, french toast, cereals, yogurt, fruit, etc. The Cottage House Inn is family owned and the innkeeper Lynn was quite pleasant and welcoming to our group. I could not get coverage for my Iphone during this week due to limitations in this area. There is a phone in the main sitting area that guests can use to call long distance free of charge. I thought this was a nice plus to staying in this lodging. The Inn also has a conference room which is a nice gathering place for groups. The location of the Inn is also very nice. Located close to the Root River Trail, restaurants, shops and right across the street from the Commonweal Theater. Lanesboro is a great town and a wonderful destination for travelers. Bikers will love the Root River Trail, an exceptional, long and scenic paved trail that winds along the Root River and through forests, farmlands and small towns. The Commonweal Theater is a great theater company for such a small town. The quality of the plays, talent of the actors and facility will amaze you. Be sure to take a walk around Lanesboro as the town is pretty and historic and is surrounded by forest covered bluffs. The fall colors on the bluffs and around the town were wonderful. There are 13 B & B's here as well as other historic homes to see. There is a dam with waterfall at the end of the town, across from the park. If you walk up to Church Hill you will see two beautiful churches and have great views of the town below. The small Lanesboro Museum is worth a stop as well with interesting and unusual historic exhibits from the area. We ate at several great restaurants including Intermission (across the street), the Old Town Hall and Pedal Pushers. I would highly recommend Lanesboro and the Cottage House Inn!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The Cottage House Inn is in a great location, close to the Root River Bike Path and Lanesboro's restaurants and shops. It is a no frills inn, no TV's in the rooms, no coffee pot, no shampoo, lotions etc. There is a TV in the sitting room, communal refrigerator, ice, microwave and coffee in the kitchen and a large game/ community room. The WI-fi for some reason comes and goes. It is an old building and if you have noisy children above you, they can be heard. The best feature is the large porch to sit and watch the world go by. The staff is friendly and very helpful. It is a family owned inn and we got to know the staff from year to year. The prices are reasonable for the area. The Commonweal Theater is a must, and we really enjoyed the Intermission restaurant, both across the street. If you are looking for a sandwich etc. Pedal Pushers is always good. Another great restaurant with good food and reasonable prices is the Quarter Quarter restaurant in Harmony. Don't miss the Amish Tours. A great little town.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Been to Cottage House Inn? Share your experiences!