“Avoid This Place”
Review of Green Gables Inn

Green Gables Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lanesboro
Green Gables Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Lanesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2012

VERY unpleasant experience!!! Checked in and filled out card stating 4 people in room. Got in to room and owner called our room phone, and said we needed to pay more because 4 people were in the room (2 queen beds). Whole time we were there, we could see her watching us out the window from the office everytime we moved around! Put 3 small buckets of ice in our cooler that night, didn't see sign above ice machine that said don't use for coolers. The remainder of our stay, the room with the ice machine was locked and innaccessible, (obviously being watched again). 2 SMALL, standard hotel size bars of soap for 4 people for two days ( no shampoo, conditioner)?? Room was clean, but that's the only good thing we can say about this place. VERY unpleasant stay!!! Over $240.00 for two nights, just to be constantly spied on and monitered. Will NEVER, stay at this place again. It ruined our whole 34th anniversary wekend.

Room Tip: TIP!!! DON'T waste your money on this place!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert M

Reviewed 31 October 2011

My best friend and I stayed at this hotel for a girls getaway weekend and it was lovely. The hotel is located near the town and is very clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My husband and I went to Lanesboro for a weekend vacation. We decided to stay at the Green Gables Inn and booked the Anniversary Suite for two nights. On the website, it has a caption for the anniversary suite that states "with fireplace, whirlpool, kitchen, and fastastic view of the Root River and Historic Downtown Lanesboro" but you get only a couple of these things.
First, there is a fireplace that is not too bad. It worked fine and did heat our room. Second, there is a whirlpool that was nice to sit in, but it made creaking noises when filled and emptied and made popping noise for about 30 minutes after it was emptied. And that's all you get. There is not a kitchen in the room, instead there is a kitchenette. And included in the kitchenette is a fridge with a broken freezer inside. The door to the freezer would not stay on, although it did help to keep the fridge nice and cool. When told of the issue, the staff (I think the owner) said "Yeah, one of the last people broke it. You can still use it though". Well, why wasn't it replaced before the next customers arrived? I'm not entirely sure, but it was a little annoying. There was also not a fantastic view of the Root River unless you went onto the patio attached to the room and looked around the trees. And since we were there in October, I would hate to think of how hard you would have to look for the river when all the leaves are on the trees. Lastly, I could not see downtown Lanesboro from anywhere at the Inn. Well, let me correct myself, I think you could see the steeple of a church from the Inn.
Also, below the anniversary suite is a garage that is extremely loud when opened....especially when it is opened at 10:30 at night interrupting your movie.
But I guess expecting what I was told I would get is too much to ask for.

Room Tip: Maybe the cheaper rooms are actually worth the money.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charliesdevil
Reviewed 4 August 2011

At first the inn looked very lovely. The bedding was clean, as well as the shower. It is in a pretty spot right near the river. There was a dead cricket on the bathroom floor, and the lantern outside our door had dead bugs an inch deep. The worst thing was in the morning while my husband and I were reading in our room, a lady unlocked our door and burst in the room without knocking. We think it was the owner. She apologized, but that left us unnerved. Lanesboro might be a good little town to drive through on a bike ride, but it seemed like a sad little town to us.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leighanne1234

Been to Green Gables Inn? Share your experiences!