“4th of July Weekend”
Review of Grandma's Inn

Grandma's Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lanesboro
Grandma's Inn
Ranked #13 of 17 Lanesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I spent the 4th of July weekend at Grandma's while participating in a trip to Lanesboro with my local bicycle club. I stayed in the Red Room which has an ensuite bathroom. The room was very nice. I could not get the wireless connection to work even with while following the posted directions. Breakfast was fresh fruit and make your own oatmeal or donuts. Milk, juice, and coffee were available also. Compared to other bed and breakfasts, I thought this offering was below average. The weather was perfect all weekend, so my group enjoyed the large patio space and it was nice to have a complete kitchen so we could enjoy fresh baked chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Room Tip: Rooms with bathrooms ensuite are nicer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lori R
Patricia796, Manager at Grandma's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Hi Lori, I really appreciate that you took the time to write a review of Grandma's Inn. We enjoyed that you and your friends stayed with us. I am sorry the wifi was not working correctly. We did fix that for you once we contacted our provider to take care of that for you. As far as the breakfast, we are not a B&B. We are a Inn and we provide a continental breakfast. We always have fresh fruit, such as watermelon, cantaloupe, bananas. We either have rolls or donuts that are made at a bakery here makes for us. We also have oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins, cream or milk.. your choice Fresh orange juice, fresh ground coffee, and tea. Our guests love that they can get up in the morning, put on a pot of coffee and sit on deck with it's great views. We hope you will stay with us again. Thanks so much, Pat

There are newer reviews for Grandma's Inn

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Grandma's Inn was our place of rest when we came to Lanesboro for our family reunion. Rain, rain and more rain caused the Root River to rise. Around 2 a.m., we heard the tornado siren going off (it had been storming like crazy). Where to go? What to do? We woke our innkeeper up. It turned out that it was a call out to the volunteer fire department to most likely respond to the flooding that was taking place. What we learned is this.... when you stay in places, it might be a good idea to find out what to do in the case of a weather emergency. As an innkeeper, you might want to post instructions on the back of bedroom doors. Our family that was camping at the local campground WAS evacuated.
While our stay was adventurous, we will be back for the hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lwahi
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My daughter and I went to the Bluff Country Gathering and were booked into Grandma's Inn. Pat and Domino greeted us on our arrival. She directed us to the two resturants open weekdays off season. We loved the central location and the space to spread out. The lower patio and upper decks were great to relax on as well as the huge porch. We stayed in the lower living level (see the pictures above). We didn't have cell service, and had to rely on the Inn wifi to communicate with our family at home. This was a great break! When we return to Lanesboro, we plan to stay at Grandma's and bring the rest of our Fiddling family to stay with us!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn W
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This is a large, sprawling house that has been added onto almost as many times as Lanesboro High has NOT won the state championship. Grammy is a warm, friendly host that welcomes you to enjoy the VERY spacious living spaces, including kitchen. Our room was huge. Breakfast is OK, but was enhanced by a freshly baked rhubarb cake one morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thegort
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Grandma's Inn is a wonderful, charming B&B in Lanesboro, MN. Even though my wife and I were there during the Buffalo Bill Days, it was pretty quiet. Once the partiers settled done outside it was great. We chose the Kenilworth room wbich has a private bath. Not alot of privacy but everybody was very nice. Lanesboro is a beautiful town, I am looking forward to going back some day. The building is a bit quircky, but that is part of the charm.

Room Tip: The Kenilworth room is small but very nice.
Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We rented the downstairs suite - two bedrooms; each with their own bath. There is a well-equpped kitchen with a bar and a nice living/dining area. The common patio area is wonderful with a covered eating area and gas grill. We had a couple stay one night on the sofa bed which they said was pretty comfortable. The rooms upstairs seemed very nice. We'll find out since we will be staying there next year (our suite was already rented). They had a very nice continental breakfast. It is by far the nicest place we've stayed in Lanesboro! Pat, the innkeeper, is so sweet and very accommodating. Another plus for us is that it's close to the Legion - our hangout! I think they have the cheapest drinks in the state and we love the people there. Grandma's is located right off the bike trail which is very convenient!

Room Tip: If you're traveling with another couple the suite is the only way to go! If there is a band or D...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I'm not a pure B&B person, I like my privacy, my bad. My wife and I had a good time here. It was our 4th stay in Lanesboro, 3 of them for Buffalo Bill Days. This is our first stay here and I was doubting myself on the way down. I like a TV in my room, and sometimes I can be a little unsociable. As it turned out, the TV in the common room next to us was usually available for my pleasure and the kitchen was right next to it. My first thought was that it might be a little loud, but everything worked out just fine. Our room was very comfy, a bit small but roomy enough for us. Pat is a nice innkeeper, we had heard good things about her in our previous trips. Everything important is within walking distance. Buffalo Bill Days is a fun small town celebration, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Trail Room and Kenilworth room are very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Milesb1213
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanesboro
Oakenwald Terrace
Oakenwald Terrace
#1 of 1 in Chatfield
Andor Wenneson Inn
Andor Wenneson Inn
#1 of 2 in Peterson
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Spring Valley

Been to Grandma's Inn? Share your experiences!