“The real deal from the past!”
Review of Spud Boy's Diner

Spud Boy's Diner
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Lanesboro
Cuisines: Diner
La Jolla
“The real deal from the past!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The fry cook was the real deal and he knew what he was doing! Loved that they actually use fresh hamburger and make it into a patty for you. The fries were perfect---and even the aroma inside brought me back to the days of the Royal Cafe in my old hometown. Our waitress was so friendly and cheery. I'd go back anytime. Prices were minimal!!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank VoddyK

Virginia
“Good food in a historical setting”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

There are not a lot of places in town for breakfast but this one fits the bill. It's an old time diner on wheels and is quite cramped if you sit in one of the booths. Overall the food and service was excellent and you will not leave hungry!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank max2lucy
WILLIAMSBURG
“Unique place with great food!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Loved the dining car experience! Only a few places to sit, but glad we got to be 2 of them. Great burgers with the old style charm of the 50's. :)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank cycloneshan
Houston, Texas
“Quaint Little Gem”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We went biking on the Root River Trail, journeyed to town afterward, and found this little gem. It is a refurbished train car. It is small, but the food and personality make up for it. I had the best BLT sandwich and fries ever. The prices are dirt cheap. It was the perfect place for me to catch up with a friend who I hadn't seen in 28 years. And let me tell you that dessert was so very delicious--I had a big slice of raspberry pie. It was the best pie I ever tasted. Yummy, yummy! The menu is small and has limited choices, but give it a try if you want to try something a bit different and quaint.

• Visited June 2014
Gassville, Arkansas
“Open's Early and Friendly”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Once again I was in Lanesboro to fish the trout streams of the Driftless Area. As Spud Boy's owner and chief cook and bottle washer says "diners are supposed to open at 6:00 am." Which is perfect for early rising trout fishermen! The breakfast menu is limited but good; eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, waffles, OJ, coffee. Stick to your ribs food.

I don't bring my iPad in at breakfast because I enjoy talking to Gordie, Val, and the other customers!

Visited May 2014