Stone Mill Hotel & Suites
White Valley Motel(Saint Charles)
US$92
HIExpress.com
US$81
US$78
US$145
All reviewsbike trailroot riveramish tourforest suitelocal bakeryamish roomcontinental breakfastold millget awayunique roomsstaff was very friendly and helpfulthemed roomspastry shopthe breakfast areamy husband and iin towngreat place to stay
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Very nice B&B, excellent staff and fun bicycling destination. Rooms are very nice and well kept.

Reviewed 17 June 2010

We wanted a quick, relaxing honeymoon and this was the perfect spot.
It is quiet and close to everything that we could walk wherever we wanted to go.
It was raining so we were unable to enjoy the biking, however it gives us an excuse to come back. The rooms were clean and charming.

Reviewed 16 June 2010

My wife and I stayed at Stone Mill Suites on June 12th and 13th for a weekend getaway. We were drawn to it by its top ranking on Tripadvisor and its corresponding high reviews from visitors.
Overall, we were mostly pleased with our experience at Stone Mill Suites. The rooms are nice and roomy. It really is quite cool how this mill has been turned into loft suites. We stayed in the Bicycle suite on our first night and the Garden suite on our second night, as no room was available for both nights we were staying. Each room was nicely decorated per its respective theme and had character.
Upon arrival, we were disappointed by the lacking guest relations displayed by the woman at the front desk. She seemed inconvenienced by our seemingly late arrival at 5:00 p.m. on a Saturday, well within the stated business hours. We did not feel welcomed or appreciated by this woman, particularly when compared to the hospitality shown by employees of much lesser quality hotels that we've visited over the years. Unfortunately, this sub-par hospitality continued at any other point that we saw the same woman at the main desk during out stay. A smile or thanking us for staying at Stone Mill Suites would have gone a long way.
When we got to our room, we found that a hand towel had fallen in the toilet, the ice bucket still had melted ice in it, and there were no glasses/cups in the room. (Despite the fact that there was a stocked coffee maker.) We were frustrated by each of these things and quickly went to the front desk to request assistance, but found that the staff member had already gone home for the night. To be fair, we chose to handle these issues ourselves rather than call one of the on-call phone numbers. This is something to be mindful of--the Suites are not staffed throughout the day, as one would expect in comparable "big city" hotels.
The televisions in the rooms are small, old, and low quality. This was more of an issue for us, as the poor weather led us indoors more than we would have liked. Watching the World Cup, etc. on these TV's was less than ideal. We also tried hooking up our portable DVD player, but were unable to because these TV's don't have the necessary A/V hook-up's.
The breakfast was decent, but fairly picked over when we arrived at 8:40 one morning (it goes from 7:00-9:00 a.m., which seemed a bit early to end). There also was not enough seating for all guests and we consequently brought our breakfast to our room. We did enjoy the pastries.
Overall, Stone Mill Suites is a nice, unique place to stay in Lanesboro. However, I don't think it was worth the $180 for Saturday night and $150 for Sunday night. I expect much, much better service and more/higher quality amenities for those rates. I have a feeling that one could find a B & B with much better customer service/hospitality for less in the Lanesboro area.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank packbadgfan
StoneMillSuites, Owner at Stone Mill Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2010

It is aparent to me that my employee must have forgotten that YOU are the reason she has a job. I have always reviewed with my staff the importance of the motto that the guest is the reason we exist and that they have a job. While I am excited that you found your rooms nice and roomy and the building to be unique, it is with hearfelt apologies that you felt you were shown sub-par hospitality while you were here. I am in disbelief on both the housekeeping and customer service ends as this employee has been with Stone Mill for 8 years. This is not my standard expected from staff. It will be addressed.

The 19" televisions in the rooms that were purchased at the time of building rennovation does seem small to todays viewers. They were at the time considered a standard hotel size. We know we need to replace and will soon (maybe after we begin to come out of the recession). There are adaptors for AV hookups at the front desk.

As we are a small business we do use our "please call" numbers quite frequently. We are very used to being of assistance at all hours of the day/night. At check-in guests are typically told "Do not hesitate to call".

I sincerely hope that you will return to beautiful Lanesboro, MN and enjoy all that our village has to offer.

Reviewed 16 June 2010

It's located at the end of main street Lanesboro so it's close to everything, but there's not much traffic. We stayed in the Boat Suite and it was really cool. The jacuzzi was great! I would definitely recommend Stone Mill.

Reviewed 10 June 2010

We stayed in the Crate Jacuzzi Room from 6/5/10 to 6/7/10. The room was spotless and the bathroom (always a big deal for me) was in new, perfect condition. The 2 room suite was larger than expected and the chicken details were adorable. The large covered porch was such a cozy place to sit during the rain; didn't even seem like a bummer that we couldn't go on the trail that afternoon.

The morning pastries were the best I've ever had! I'm not usually a pastry person, but I would go back just for those. We were told they were from the bakery right in town. Wonderful!

We were invited to take a look at any of the unoccupied rooms. All of them were very clean and very cute. I'd would stay in any of them.

The few critiques I have of the Inn were first and foremost, no shampoo or hair dryer for the room. I'm used to traveling now without having to bring those things, so it was very disappointing to be caught without either.

The other negatives were the lack of personality of the front desk employee who was there when we checked in and out. She was not the owner, but an employee. We felt very much like we bothered her with our presence.

Lastly, the room was noisy in the morning, like most places. We could hear the upstairs guests in their bathroom, making it impossible to sleep.

Despite those minor negatives we would stay again. Very cute place!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
StoneMillSuites, Owner at Stone Mill Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2010

We are so excited that you found your room to be extremely clean. My housekeepers know toothbrushes by the name of Tommy! We have thought about creating T-shirts that say "Ask me about Tommy". My motto for my staff is if its not toothbrush clean, its not clean. Those pastries receive many rave reviews and are homemade fresh daily at the Lanesboro Pastry Shop. Our Soaps and lotions are also made locally at the Essence of Lanesboro where we have created our own "Suites Scent". The all over body wash is formulated for both hair and body. Hair dryers are available at the front desk. The part of your review that of course concerns me the most is the way that you felt the front desk staff treated you. Please be assured that your review along with my comments will be addressed. We are in business to over exceed guest expectations.