Coffee Street Inn
White Valley Motel(Saint Charles)
US$97
US$72
US$68
US$139
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We were greeted by a very friendly and helpful employee. The room was nice and clean. No frills but we were not looking for anything more than a place to stay in Lanesboro where we planned to go biking on the beautiful bike paths with your 11 and 15 year old boys. The acomodations were just what we needed. Also very quiet and relaxing.
THANKS!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Staff (especially Hannah) was friendly and accommodating. We stayed in Cafe #1, where we had the MOST AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE BED and a nice television. We loved the entire room and didn't want to leave. Bathroom was spacious and nicely decorated. Great location. Just perfect.

Room Tip: Stay in Cafe #1! Really nice, quiet, and great great value!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I wish I could have given Coffee Street Inn a better review because I liked the location and it was comfortable but the owner and information from their website changed my overall view of the place. My family and I booked the suite, which said on the website accommodates 6-8 people in the description (2 queen bedrooms, 1 full bedroom, 1 queen sleeper sofa). Also on the website it states the suite can accommodate an extra 4 people with rollaways but there is an additional cost of $20 per person, per night. We booked the suite for 8 people (my thinking...4 beds, 2 people per bed=8) but when I checked in tried to pay, they said the suite only accommodates 6 people and they charged me the extra $20/person/night for #7 and #8 in our group. The owner explained that it takes an extra 1/2 hour to make up the sofa sleeper so that is considered and additional charge (person), even though the sofa sleeper is listed as PART of the suite, not a separate cost. And again, the suite description said it's for 6-8 people for the nightly cost, which what exactly what we were, a group of 8. I even called 3 times to speak to someone prior to arrival to make sure we had the proper accommodations and cost correct for our budged of 8 people sharing the suite. All the owner did was tell me I was wrong and made excuses for the website discrepancies I read. She also said there was no such thing as rollaways....although I read the info directly from the website. She was not one bit understanding or accommodating to our situation, we all had to come up with the extra money on the spot that she charged us (which was challenging as we budgeted and clarified that budget beforehand). It's a bummer because we liked the hotel but would not stay again due to the owners in-hospitality and misleading information. Again, just know what to expect before you book!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a TV, clarify which do if you want that option.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Adrian W
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This was our (my hubby and I) third stay at the Coffee Street Inn. It's a great location where we can park the car and either walk or bike everywhere. It's within a block or 2 of the Root River trail and within a couple of blocks to restaurants and the theater.
The Inn provides all of the comforts we need, including refrigerator, microwave, free internet and coffee. It's clean and we enjoy sitting outside on the patio to read our books.
Staff and owners are wonderful!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good based on what your requirements are.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Golfnut722
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Nicely kept rooms, very clean. Great location, just a couple blocks from the downtown center. Management was great to do business with, very hospitable and amenable. As mentioned elsewhere it's not fancy but if you're looking for a comfy tidy place to rest during your Lanesboro stay this place is definitely worth a try.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple