“The pie is to die for” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aroma Pie Shoppe - CLOSED

Aroma Pie Shoppe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“The pie is to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We biked from Peterson to Whalen on the Root River Trail. Our picnic lunch was forgotten in the car, so we stopped in Aroma Pie Shop. The sandwiches (homebaked bread) were ample and delicious for the hungry biker. But the pie....whoa. There were at least a dozen pies to choose from, and that was difficult. We settled on Blubarb and Cashew Chocolate. Heaven on a plate. I am a baker who is known for my pies. I'd serve these any day, anytime to my guests unlike most commercial "homemade" pies. Flaky crust, not overly sweetened. I only wish I burned as many calories biking as I took in at Aroma!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Julie R

Okoboji, Iowa
“Tried to visit... not open”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Probably not fair to give them a ding on the review, but was definitely disappointed to find they are only open Thurs-Sun. We planned our trip to Lanesboro around the weekday to enjoy the trails and allow the kids to ride them without crowds. We'd talked up the Pie Shop well in advance. It was a bummer to find they were not open.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank TravelerD40
Shakopee, MN
“Pie in the sky pie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is actually not in Lanesboro, it is the next town down the Root River, Whalen, MN.

We visited on Saturday, July 19, 2014. The place opens at 10:00 am; we arrived at 10:05 and the place was jammed with bike riders. They had already sold out of blueberry pie in those five minutes to all the riders.

We had a slice of blackberry, a slice of lemon meringue and a slice of banana cream.

OH MY!!!! Such wonder, homemade pies with fresh filling, flaky crusts and yes...aroma! The tastes were excellent!

We understand that Travel and Leisure Magazine rated this as one of the best pie shops in America. Now we know why.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Steve0315
Indy
“Pie, pie me oh my”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

After riding 30 miles on the root river trail, we stopped to have a very yummy piece of pie. Bluebarb and pecan with ice cream on top. Mmmmmmmmmm. Do the bike trail and treat yourself to the best pie in Minnesota. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Did I mention the flakey crust? Mmmmm mm

“I love pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Best pie ever wish I could have tried more great selection best key lime pie I have ever had will go back if in the area