“Interesting and fun!”

Charles A. Lindbergh Historic Site
More attraction details
Owner description: Charles Lindbergh's 1927 flight from New York to Paris launched an aviation revolution. Tour his boyhood home, explore the visitor center exhibits, including a "Spirit of St. Louis" flight simulator, and walk an interpretive trail along the river. Additional trails are located in the adjacent Charles A. Lindbergh State Park. The Charles A. Lindbergh Historic Site is a National Historic Landmark.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Interesting and fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took our 3yr old and 12yr old here for a day trip on Saturday. They had the "Meet the Lindbergh's" going on which my 12yr old history buff loved! Actors portraying his Mom and staff had many great stories about the family. The kids got to try washing laundry on a washboard and mow the lawn with an old lawnmower. My 12yr loved the tour of the house and the 3yr old loved the flight simulator. Nice shaded picnic grounds also.

Visited August 2014

Little Falls, Minnesota
“Living History Days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you haven't had the opportunity to visit this site on a 'Living History' day, make plans to do it this summer! The staff does an awesome job presenting the history of this place, as well as, letting the visitors get to know Charles Lindbergh when he was a young boy.

Visited June 2014
Philadelphia
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Enjoyable tour and interesting museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My sister insisted on stopping here during our recent road trip. I wasn't so sure, but after touring the childhood home of Charles Lindbergh, and visiting the interesting exhibits in the museum, I'm glad we went. Definitely worthwhile to visit these folks - and our tour guide really brought the childhood experiences of Lindbergh to life.

Visited July 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“100 fourth graders! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We went as a school trip of 4th graders from BAXTER. They split us up into smaller groups, which worked out well. All of the guides did an excellent job. 99% of us, kids and adults had not been there and we are only 30 miles away. Well worth the trip. After the very educational movie in the theatre, most of the questions were on the kidnapping and ransom. All the books and stories had not mentioned this prior. We adults thought it was interesting that it was the most thought provoking for a ten year old! Also we learned he started to drive at 11 or 12!! Wow!! We then walked across the street to the state park and had cold lunches. I will be back and bring my grandkids. The gift shop looked cute too, but all were told no shopping!!! Grazie! Kim

1 Thank Kimberley L
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
159 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 249 helpful votes
“Interesting area, great park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I came here this summer to do some hiking. My wife and I started the hike together but the bugs got so bad she went back to the car and ended up exploring the Lindbergh house. The hike started out near the old water tower and down some stairs to the creek area. After crossing a bridge the trail wound through the woods. It seemed like the whole time I had deer flies dive bombing my head. Aside from the bugs the hike was a nice trail through a mostly wooded area and there were a few other historic spots where Charles first flew and crashed a certain airplane. The only people I encountered on my hike were some workers repairing an old wooden bridge out there. The hike finished with a mile or so along the creek. My wife really enjoyed the house and the information within. Nice area with cool falls right near the site.

Visited July 2013